+5
Sazzle
stella
reuben
janey
dan12345
9 posters

Go down

Why do you love your staffy so much? Empty Why do you love your staffy so much?

Post by dan12345 Sat May 11 2013, 13:54

I couldn't explain how much I love Betty, makes me go all giddy thinking about her, she is so well behaved towards other people and animals, she chewed my mums shoe when told she's not going back out. Chewed my shuttlecocks because she wasn't allowed to play, she is cheeky like this, but so loving and affectionate, very lazy. Grunts all the time, farts all the time, wipes her dog food face all over me ect ect. But I love it and wouldn't change for the world. Do you have the same?
dan12345
dan12345
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Betty
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Why do you love your staffy so much? Empty Re: Why do you love your staffy so much?

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 13:59

Logan is pretty much the only reason I get through the day. He's the best dog I've ever known and makes everything easier. Smile

Back to top Go down

Why do you love your staffy so much? Empty Re: Why do you love your staffy so much?

Post by dan12345 Sat May 11 2013, 14:03

Glad I'm not the only one, some people don't understand
dan12345
dan12345

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 14:05

I got Loki when I was the lowest I'd ever been in my life, I was at a point where I hardly even spoke and would just lie in bed most of the day doing nothing. My parents couldn't stand seeing me so bad anymore so we got Loki to try and cheer me up and give me something to focus on. Worked perfectly, since we got him, I put my effort into training him, walking him, playing with him and just spending time with him. He's the clingiest dog I know, he's a demon but he makes up for it with how affectionate he is. He makes me feel happy and his mad antics make me laugh often. I'd love him anyway, but he gave me my life back, so I owe him everything Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 14:29

I love her so much cause no matter what mood I'm in or what time it is she always greets and treats me the same. She's always happy to see me and that kind of devotion is rare in humans so ill stick with dogs Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat May 11 2013, 14:30

Moo has been my rock through some pretty dark times, my love for her is totally unconditional and hers mine Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat May 11 2013, 16:36

Can't stand Bacchus myself. Only got him to fill the time now I'm retired and something to kick when the wife starts nagging.

P.S.
I tell lies. He's an absolute pest ( see my post on Garden Pests ) but he's adorable.
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 16:38

They both are extremely lovable in their own ways , Tilly is always there for a cuddle . Tommy will come up and drop on you like a sack of taties and lick you violently but is always doing things which make me laugh . So in different ways they both put a huge smile on my face and are the best company I could ever ask for

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sat May 11 2013, 18:58

i love sash,cos unlike people i know she'll never let me down,she's my best friend Smile
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat May 11 2013, 19:12

I can't put it into words, when I think about how much I love her it makes me want to cry!! She is everything to me, really sad and soppy I know, but it's true Love Struck
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 19:19

Darcy makes my days, she brightens any room, she makes me smile, snuggles me when I'm down & generally has made my life better, she also farts on me lots Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11 2013, 22:43

What a lovely post Big Grin but yes I get this way about my girl too! I've always wanted a dog, it's been the cause of many fights in the house and there's been maaany tears shed over my parents saying no Laughing but I'm glad they've said no to other dogs I wanted as ebony honestly is the best dog in the world Love Struck we do everything together, she's my best friend and stole my heart in some strange way when I first met her (even though she was super naughty Laughing) she honestly is my world, I can't remember not having her anymore and I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to her. She's also helped me get closer to my parents (mainly my dad) and control my temper which I cannot thank her enough for Love Struck I probably bore everyone when I show them my million pictures and tell everyone her stories but she really warms my heart and I'm so proud and I just love her to pieces. She's my first dog and it's safe to say she's always going to have my heart, unconditional love and be the reason for my happiness even when she's gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by dan12345 Sun May 12 2013, 11:49

I love reading all these replies, staffys are the best! I think it's the different personalities that gets it for me. Compared to other breeds they are just all so different. Lol codlingkid I'm the same. My phone has only got pictures of Betty! X
dan12345
dan12345

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sun May 12 2013, 12:06

Afraid I'm a staffy bore too, dozens of pics on the ipad.......this is bacchus 5 weeks, 9 weeks, first snow etc. You can see people losing the will to live rolling on the floor
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun May 12 2013, 12:12

reuben wrote:Afraid I'm a staffy bore too, dozens of pics on the ipad.......this is bacchus 5 weeks, 9 weeks, first snow etc. You can see people losing the will to live rolling on the floor

One of the reasons why it's so great to have this forum....we all understand and never get bored of pics and posts about our fur babies Big Grin

Don't know what I'd do without it!!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Rupertsbooks Sun May 12 2013, 14:13

Um, let me see...
- he's gentle
- he's goofy and funny and makes me laugh
- gets me up in the morning in a much nicer way than my alarm clock
- I have lots of interesting chitchat with people on walks
- I find doggy behaviour really interesting
- training him is very rewarding
- he is cuddly
- he is the least aggressive creature I've ever come across
- I think dogs are actually emotionally "healing". Sounds naff but it is true.
- I love the size and weight of him especially when he comes stampeding at me in the park
- he eats all my left overs so less waste (environmentally friendly!)
- he makes other people feel good too and that is nice to see
- travels well in car so journeys less boring
- we don't have to talk if we don't want to. Also when I am with a friend or kids we can just hang out with Rupert and not have to talk all the time
- Forces me out when weather is horrible and I always feel better for it
- best company you could ask for
- he's loyal and won't let me down. Complete trust between us, have worked on that.
- can walk in dodgy places or at night or past posses of normally aggressive teenagers and not worry about being safe. Teenagers usually want to talk about the dog and have loads of questions and brings out best in them.
- makes me understand quite how annoying Labrador owners are
- I understand much more about dogs and what we do to them and puppy farming and all the rest of it
- he has connected me to nature
- can just go off and do something with no plan - have a wander without any destination
- stops me buying unnecessary things as cant go into that many shops with a dog
- I'm healthier
- I don't feel lonely
- gives me inner strength when things are difficult
- has educated me about staffies - was scared of them before and knew nothing about them
- he shares my sense of adventure
- he can do nothing all day except eat sleep and go for walks which helps me to relax. I don't feel I have to be doing something all the time
- I just find him amazing and that is a wonderful feeling. I never imagined having a dog could change my life.
- people say "oh, having a dog must be such a responsibility." But I don't see it like that. Rupert has opened up my world. I hope I have been able to do the same for him. I am very grateful for this happy accident. Never thought I'd end up with a Staffy and wasn't sure I would even be able to manage a dog, any dog.
- finally: I really like finding him good stuff to eat for his raw food diet. All my local butchers seem to have staffies.
Rupertsbooks
Rupertsbooks

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rupert
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12 2013, 14:17

not many points then , wonder why we bother really Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Rupertsbooks Sun May 12 2013, 14:29

Oh, and he is a bee-yew-teee-full dog!
Rupertsbooks
Rupertsbooks

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rupert
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by manonp Sun May 12 2013, 16:02

It is hard to explain why I love my dog so much in french, so don't make me say it in english Tongues

Soon, my 2d dog arrives at home (my first Staffie !), and I'm sure I won't be able to explain how it is possible to love 2 dogs so much in the same time Love Struck
manonp
manonp

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Mon May 13 2013, 09:33

Rupertsbooks wrote:Um, let me see...
- he's gentle
- he's goofy and funny and makes me laugh
- gets me up in the morning in a much nicer way than my alarm clock
- I have lots of interesting chitchat with people on walks
- I find doggy behaviour really interesting
- training him is very rewarding
- he is cuddly
- he is the least aggressive creature I've ever come across
- I think dogs are actually emotionally "healing". Sounds naff but it is true.
- I love the size and weight of him especially when he comes stampeding at me in the park
- he eats all my left overs so less waste (environmentally friendly!)
- he makes other people feel good too and that is nice to see
- travels well in car so journeys less boring
- we don't have to talk if we don't want to. Also when I am with a friend or kids we can just hang out with Rupert and not have to talk all the time
- Forces me out when weather is horrible and I always feel better for it
- best company you could ask for
- he's loyal and won't let me down. Complete trust between us, have worked on that.
- can walk in dodgy places or at night or past posses of normally aggressive teenagers and not worry about being safe. Teenagers usually want to talk about the dog and have loads of questions and brings out best in them.
- makes me understand quite how annoying Labrador owners are
- I understand much more about dogs and what we do to them and puppy farming and all the rest of it
- he has connected me to nature
- can just go off and do something with no plan - have a wander without any destination
- stops me buying unnecessary things as cant go into that many shops with a dog
- I'm healthier
- I don't feel lonely
- gives me inner strength when things are difficult
- has educated me about staffies - was scared of them before and knew nothing about them
- he shares my sense of adventure
- he can do nothing all day except eat sleep and go for walks which helps me to relax. I don't feel I have to be doing something all the time
- I just find him amazing and that is a wonderful feeling. I never imagined having a dog could change my life.
- people say "oh, having a dog must be such a responsibility." But I don't see it like that. Rupert has opened up my world. I hope I have been able to do the same for him. I am very grateful for this happy accident. Never thought I'd end up with a Staffy and wasn't sure I would even be able to manage a dog, any dog.
- finally: I really like finding him good stuff to eat for his raw food diet. All my local butchers seem to have staffies.

Says it all really.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ANGIEMARKYOUNG Mon May 13 2013, 10:52

been wanting a dog for years and years and years but hubby always told me no .. no matter how much i begged and got the kids on it too until one day he gave in and said yes!! and im glad he made me wait or i wouldnt have had Jenson .. he lights up my world even when he wakes me at 5am i just take one look at his face and all oks. He's loveable, nutty and adores the kids and they do him .. i couldnt ask for a more lovlier addition to our family .. 3 kids, 2 guinea pigs and 1 puppy our family is now complete - well until the next one Big Grin
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
ANGIEMARKYOUNG
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Why do you love your staffy so much? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jenson
Dog(s) Ages : 8 mths
Support total : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13 2013, 11:13

Vinnie is totally mine as OH has kids and I dont so he really is my baby boy. Has helped with my depression as having get up in the mornings to walk him is just a breath of fresh air for me. He really does help me get through every day and am eternally blessed to have him. Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by pag Mon May 13 2013, 14:35

Molly is my everything, I was pestering my OH to get me a dog for years, he surprised me with Molly and I have loved her from the moment we met. I fill up just talking about her I love her sooo much, she loves me right back too. I would walk through fire for her.. My baby... Blushing
pag
pag

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down