What does your staffy do when u get something new?

+3
gem
janey
HazelJ
7 posters

Go down

What does your staffy do when u get something new? Empty What does your staffy do when u get something new?

Post by HazelJ Sun Mar 20 2011, 01:47

I got a new lawn mower the other day and they guy put the box on the patio anyway i let the dogs out of the house & straight away they sniff the box then Harley jumps up on the chair then onto the box like he's King of the castle(which he is lol). I open the box & wheel out the mower so they then spent the next 5 mins smelling it before i could put it in the carport then Harley decided the empty box was more fun to play in. I'm never sure how they will react to things as sometimes they take off other times they just check it out.

It's good to see that they were satisfied after they checked it out, they know not to go near a hot mower as well.

How does your dog react to new items?.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What does your staffy do when u get something new? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

What does your staffy do when u get something new? Empty Re: What does your staffy do when u get something new?

Post by janey Sun Mar 20 2011, 11:54

I haven't ever really bought anything big since having her, but when I gte home with any shopping bags be it food or clothes she has to get her nose right into the bag to check it out and she won't even acknowledge mr until this has been done lol!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

What does your staffy do when u get something new? Empty Re: What does your staffy do when u get something new?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 12:47

Laughing Blue does that Janey when I come back from the food shop.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Mar 20 2011, 13:15

Lol it just gets embarresing when she starts doing it to strangers bags and I don't catch her time!!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Mar 20 2011, 18:13

Oh you have to get staffy approval for everything Laughing
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 20 2011, 22:58

Can you imagine if you got tesco own crisps instead of walkers cos they were on offer. Dog looks in the bag then suddenly lifts their head looking at you in disaproval as they use there paw to point to the cheap crisps as if to say "and what the feck are these" Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Mar 21 2011, 11:16

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Can you imagine if you got tesco own crisps instead of walkers cos they were on offer. Dog looks in the bag then suddenly lifts their head looking at you in disaproval as they use there paw to point to the cheap crisps as if to say "and what the feck are these" Laughing

Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Mon Mar 21 2011, 12:30

janey wrote:I haven't ever really bought anything big since having her, but when I gte home with any shopping bags be it food or clothes she has to get her nose right into the bag to check it out and she won't even acknowledge mr until this has been done lol!

jake does that as soon as i get an asda delivery cos he knows theres usually treats in it lol,
sooz225
sooz225
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What does your staffy do when u get something new? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Mon Mar 21 2011, 13:19

It depends what it is. The new Henry Hoover we bought last week was met with suspicsion! They jumped around it and barked, until they realised that if I press a button it roars back much more loudly... They then ran to the bedroom and hid behind the bed until Henry was safely contained again!

And they always check everyones bags, its so embaressing! Especially when a visitor pops in, it can even be the avon lady and they are in her bag, pawing everything out. Blushing
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21 2011, 13:53

Staffys really are nosey parkers aren't they !!Smile Jethro loves empty cardboard boxes ( eg cereal..)and empty toilet rolls etc...and he runs around with them..throwing them in the air, then shreds them and spits pieces in all directions !! ( which I then have to pick up !!) Gotta love them !! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Tue Mar 22 2011, 12:47

Hollie's the same with the shopping bags, nose dive in to see what there is Laughing
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Tue Mar 22 2011, 13:51

Ty is the same with bags to the point if we are walking through the park and someone walks past with a bag he tries to take it off them for a nose I have to tell him 'THERE NOT TYS BAGS!' lol I get some strange looks like but ad get worse if he actually took there bag. He has ripped the bottom out of and old ladies asda bag once and sent her shopping rolling down the road I had to help her carry the shopping home thanks to Ty. She seen the funny side though lol.
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down