few small issues, could do with opinions please...

3 posters

Go down

few small issues, could do with opinions please... Empty few small issues, could do with opinions please...

Post by asa-james Mon Apr 29 2013, 20:43

1) her appetite has increased. a lot. she used to graze durig the day, and would munch thru half a bowl in the evening, but now when the food goes down, its demolished in minutes. i havent fed her any more than normal, still the same amounts, the food is the same as always, and routine hasnt changed at all. ideas?

2)occasionally when sprinting after tennis balls, she can sound a little wheezy/heavy on the chest. its not all the time, and mostly after a good ten minutes or so of chasing tennis balls, so i usually wind it down, do some close up play and catch etc. should i be worried?

3) this has happened on one occasion, but thought i'd mention it. complete loss of balance. gone. she looked like she stumbled, fell against a small chest, tried to find her feet and only suceeded in stumbling into the side of an armchair half a foot away. i dived down to stop her hurting herself (in the back of my mind it thought she was about to fit, very stiff and unco-ordinated), and after i helped her upright, she seemed fine. hasnt done it since. vets?

cheeers all in advance xx
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

few small issues, could do with opinions please... Empty Re: few small issues, could do with opinions please...

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 20:48

wouldn't really know what to say asa other than have a word with the vet if it will put your mind at rest , best of luck mate Smile

Back to top Go down

few small issues, could do with opinions please... Empty Re: few small issues, could do with opinions please...

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 20:48

I'd say all three are connected, so yes, the vets would be my next port of call.

The wheezing & the loss of balance would, to me, indicate a slight heart or thyroid problem, & it could also explain the appetite increase. What about drinking, is she drinking more/less than before?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Apr 29 2013, 20:50

Yeah I would probably go to the vets for a check up Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Apr 29 2013, 20:51

Hmm. If she were mine I'd pop her to the vet for a once over - outlining the above 'episodes' there may be a cpl of things a vet can check for ? Or at least run a cpl of blood test for peace of mind. If she's insured - this should be covered.

I hope u get to the bottom of it - it's obviously concerning u Smile

•hugs•
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 20:52

I'd definitely give the vets a visit, it does sound like they are connected, I hope everything works out.

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Mon Apr 29 2013, 21:00

i wouldnt say she's drinking any more or less, her sleep/awake ratio is unchanged, i'll pop her to the vets this week, need to go and get her book stamped up anyway Big Grin
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Apr 29 2013, 21:32

Worming etc upto date ?
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Mon Apr 29 2013, 21:49

yeah, but now you mention it she had the kennel cough vac about three weeks ago, possibly related?
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 22:48

If it's 3 weeks ago, then probably not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29 2013, 23:54

Yes I also think a trip to the vet might be the best plan - if it only puts your mind at rest that would be a good thing. Be prepared for all the blood tests! Not cheap, unfortunately.

Do let us know how Lola gets on - all fingers and paws crossed for you both >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down