my dogs are fighting over there toys

Go down

my dogs are fighting over there toys Empty my dogs are fighting over there toys

Post by DYL&CESAR Tue Apr 16 2013, 10:07

Hi I have 2 puppies I have a 3 month old male staffy named Caesar. He is like any other staffy very playful and tends to get over excited sometimes but in general he is well mannered , sits on command and I can relax him if he gets to excited.. I also have a 3 month old female pitbull cross jack Russell named Snowy haha very weird combination but she is such a beautiful pup she is not aggressive at all she is loving towards any other dogs, people and children she has been trained with Caesar and is very well mannered..

When they are playing with there toys both of them always want to chew on the same toy and I have lots of chew toys laying everywhere in the garden.. They start biting each other softly and they end up fighting after a while I don't no why they are behaving like this I try give them there own toys but 1 will drop it after a while and go for the one the other dog is chewing. Any advice on how 2 avoid this?? And what would be the appropriate punishment be for the dogs if they arnt listening

Both dogs have had there injections they are very healthy and I feed them Royal Canin Junior and I'm very happy with it.. Any other Ideas on good healthy treats I can give them?

This is my first staffy and I couldn't be happier with the choice I made
I did a lot of homework before buying him.. But any advice would be much appreciated

Thank you Big Grin

DYL&CESAR
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

my dogs are fighting over there toys Empty Re: my dogs are fighting over there toys

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 10:10

Welcome to the forum for me and the Monster Big Grin

Staffords are generally very rough players and have a tendency to take it too far eventually, so this isn't totally uncommon. Are you able to break it up when it gets heated ok?

It's also advisable to never leave toys etc around that could cause conflict if you aren't at home. Smile

Not sure where you are in the world, but if you are in the UK be very careful saying you have a "pitbull cross".

Back to top Go down

my dogs are fighting over there toys Empty Re: my dogs are fighting over there toys

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 10:12

Come and introduce yourself when you get a second. We'd love to hear more about you and your two dogs.

Would love to see some pics too Smile

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 10:24

My two staffies have certain toys they will tug over - luckily not fight. But as Mat says, never leave anything around that can cause conflict if you're not at home. Even if I am home I will supervise play with toys.

What I tend to do with high value things is have 3 down at a time, such as with ropes and balls. So there is always a spare and it diverts their attention to there only being one or two of the same and tends to stop them wanting what the other haves. With 3 of the same down, if one takes something out of the other's mouth, the other will simply pick up the spare.

Also how much exercise do they get?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 11:11

Exercise is big one to tire them out, darcy had mounds of energy at 3 months, I learnt early on that when she gets the right exercise she more content.
^^^ as Lisa said best to have something to distract the other & try to stop it before it starts. Good luck thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by DYL&CESAR Tue Apr 16 2013, 15:27

They have 15- 20 minute walks everyday but very good idea with the 3 toys! Thanxi would love to post some photos I tried but they not showing but I will post soon!

DYL&CESAR

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down