How could anyone do this? Unbelievable...

+4
Sazzle
Jackieb
reuben
janey
8 posters

Go down

How could anyone do this? Unbelievable... Empty How could anyone do this? Unbelievable...

Post by Bloomooner Thu Apr 04 2013, 17:14

I just had a phone call from the breeder who I got Tommy from. He called to ask if I knew anybody who might be interested in re-homing a staffy. He then continued to tell me that it was one of the bitches from the same litter as Tommy. Apparently, and after having her for 5 months, the owners phoned the breeder and said that after recent events and press reports, that they did not feel they could keep her around their young children!!!
How on this earth can somebody do this to a puppy which they have had for nearly 5 months???

I fear that this poor little dog won't be the only victim of the British press that so like to condemn our breed. I'm absolutely gobsmacked.
Bloomooner
Bloomooner
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Tommy
Dog(s) Ages : 20th October 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

How could anyone do this? Unbelievable... Empty Re: How could anyone do this? Unbelievable...

Post by janey Thu Apr 04 2013, 17:23

To be honest its best the dog gets a new home whilst young! Will the breeder take the pup back whilst a new home is found?
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

How could anyone do this? Unbelievable... Empty Re: How could anyone do this? Unbelievable...

Post by Bloomooner Thu Apr 04 2013, 17:28

When we got the pups one of the conditions from the breeder was that should we ever change our minds then the pups should go back to him.
The current owners are going to keep her until the breeder is able to find a new loving home.
Bloomooner
Bloomooner

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Apr 04 2013, 17:38

Stupid people, should never have got a dog in the first place!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 17:48

Idiots. How can you be so narrow-minded as to think the dog you've bonded with and known for five months can't be trusted? OK, all dogs should be supervised when around kids, but to judge the dog they've had by her breed rather than her own character is mad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 18:18

Awful people, but as Janey said best getting her to a good home as soon as possible when she's young and easily adaptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Thu Apr 04 2013, 18:18

If they've had the dog for 5mths and feel they can't trust her, it's them who've done something wrong not the pup. They obviously haven't taken the trouble to bond properly with her or they wouldn't be able to part with her. I think they are just using the story as an excuse to off-load. A*******s. Hopefully she will get a forever home with a caring person.
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Thu Apr 04 2013, 18:38

Shocking.

Back when my girl was 5mths old, her litter mate brother needed to be rehomed.
I offered a loving home to him, woulda given him everything. But despite the owners needing to get rid of him they were more interested in money than a loving home.
On the very day we were supposed to get him - the owners didn't turn up. I got a text ! Saying they changed their minds.

Next day I find out from the original breeder that the owners sold him. Sad
God knows where he is now.
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Apr 04 2013, 19:38

That's terrible (both stories) I just can't beleive how unfeeling some people are!!
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 20:16

How awful, poor baby, the sooner she is settled in a new forever home the better these people must have really poor judgement if they don't knw her after 5 months :-(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 20:25

The pup will be better off without them if they clearly dont have a bond after 5 months!! Such a sad story Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 20:26

Disgraceful, can't believe some people Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomooner Thu Apr 04 2013, 20:33

Jackieb wrote:Shocking.

Back when my girl was 5mths old, her litter mate brother needed to be rehomed.
I offered a loving home to him, woulda given him everything. But despite the owners needing to get rid of him they were more interested in money than a loving home.
On the very day we were supposed to get him - the owners didn't turn up. I got a text ! Saying they changed their minds.

Next day I find out from the original breeder that the owners sold him. Sad
God knows where he is now.

That's terrible. I would love to take her on but I really don't think it would be for the best.
Bloomooner
Bloomooner

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ashy Thu Apr 04 2013, 23:24

Terrible!
Weve had bruce for 5 months and couldnt part with him!
Idiots, better off for the pup in the long run I suppose:(

ashy
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bruce and ozzy
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks and 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : male's and
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 04 2013, 23:28

angry angry People are so ignorant sometimes.. The worst thing is it probably has nothing to do with recent events and more to do with the cute little puppy has grown up and now is a naughty adolescent angry Makes me sooo mad, dogs are forever, until they grow old and pass to Rainbow Bridge.. If you are not prepared to have the dog for 15years don't bother with the puppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 09:43

Definately ignorant if they let the media think for them and most likely simply lazy as well and looking for an excuse

Back to top Go down

Post by pag Fri Apr 05 2013, 11:17

They obviously didn't do any research before buying a dog.. just a whim. Dog will probably be better off with a more responsible owner.. Hope he is home soon
pag
pag

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 11:24

Really can't see how anyone can pick up on untrusting behaviour in a pup that is only 5 months old so it is only down to themselves being pathetic , not doing their research and being too keen to listen to the press.

Why don't you ask the breeder to point them in our direction , we can either re-educate them or give them a piece of our mind ........their choice angry

Back to top Go down

Post by CaraElizabeth Sat Apr 06 2013, 02:23

Terrible!!!! We've only had Gwen for a month and a half and we could never give her up! As others have said I think its an excuse for them to get rid of the pup or they are just stupid..first of all a 5 month old pup is a baby and could not be dangerous and second who has bonded with a their dog in 5 months! Either way these people are stupid and dont deserve to have the pup, its just too bad the dog now has to deal with the stress of going to a new home when she didnt do anything wrong! Sad very sad.
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down