Some people need shooting!

5 posters

Go down

Some people need shooting! Empty Some people need shooting!

Post by stig Wed Apr 03 2013, 17:31

Yesterday morning I was going to take Stig out, I'd spent the night with the o/h and the kids as I recently moved out and haven't spent much time with them. O/h comes back from shop and tells me to be careful as someby has smashed glass in next doors back yard (we have to go through next doors garden to get to our back yard/door), so I take Stig out the front. Cue me opening the door and thinking "wtf", glass all over the drive so I carry Stig to the road (we have no pavements) to discover a large patch of yet more glass.

At this point I take Stig in and go investigating, as I get to a neighbours front yard I notice glass outside his gate and also all over his garden, I ask him if he heard anything and he says no, and we decide to walk the street and discover 4 yards have been done, the one thing these four homes have in common is they all have staffies, other homes with other dog breeds are untouched.

We quicly establish that there was no way this glass was broken on the street as one of us would have heard something,and the random places in which the different coloured glass indicates that this glass was broken elsewhere, and then scattered in our gardens/street, it took a while to clear up as it was all over the lawns and gravel driveways, and being there were kids outdoor toys on 2 of the gardens it was obvious they were'nt worried about hurting the kids either, so while we're sweeping one of the neighbours takes photos and calls the police, even the neighbours who were't targeted came out and swept the street while we dealt with our gardens, was really nice to see they were happy to help and even aired their disgust that somebody would want to hurt our dogs, these neighbours see and fuss our dogs, as we do theirs almost every day.

The police come out quite quickly despite us stating there was no urgency as we were sweeping the evidence up but had took photo's, they were pleasant enough but made very clear that unless these people were caught in the act they were unlikely to be able to prosecute anyone, and if they were to come back we were to call immeadiately on the non emergency number, one of the lads quickly replied with "if we catch them they will be walking bare foot across broken glass,and if they refuse we'll beat the cr4p out of them", quickly wishing he hadn't said it out loud the copper then responds, "keep your faces covered if you do", sometimes I love the police.
stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Some people need shooting! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Some people need shooting! Empty Re: Some people need shooting!

Post by janey Wed Apr 03 2013, 17:43

Love the last remark of the police, but am shocked! I just hope it doesn't happen again, have you ever had any other problems?
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 17:45

Broken glass is a total nightmare. It's awful that very little can be done about it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Wed Apr 03 2013, 18:02

Never had any problems with the dogs as there are a lot of staffies and staffy crosses, pitbull types in the village so most people are quite accepting of the breed, there's only been a handfull of thefts in the 23 years I've known the street (I grew up in the house next door but one). Only one has required the police as the others have been stopped before they've got out of the street, the last theft was a neighbours mountain bike and after catching the guy and giving him a pasting we called the police, with the bike owners consent he got let off on condition he didn't press charges against us (4 of us gave this guy a pasting) , we were told then if we hadn't bruised his face and bust his nose they could have taken him in, so next time keep it strictly body shots Big Grin . I would hate to be the person responsible for the glass as there are some very angry and capable people who would like to have a word with them, I think they know this hence them doing it so discreetly. I can count on one hand how many times people have vandalized something on the street or targeted a person or property for anything other than petty theft
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Wed Apr 03 2013, 18:04

MatLogan wrote:Broken glass is a total nightmare. It's awful that very little can be done about it Sad

I'm still picking bits up whenever I go outside, weather is quite good today and darent let the kids out in garden till I'm sure it's all up, part of me wants them to come back but part of me knows we might not hear them again
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 18:06

Some terrible/stupid people out there. Hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does I hope the people are caught.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Apr 03 2013, 18:08

I find some peoples mentality is quite sick, I would go the local paper about it!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Wed Apr 03 2013, 18:57

it's an isolated incident at the minute but should it happen again the papers will be contacted, we've had the nail laced sausages and tubs of rat poison on the local walking areas but nothing that singles out staffies. I often wonder if the mine fields of dog poo have led people to do these things as it's always a hot topic at council meetings but the majority of us do clean up after our dogs, the dog mess infuriates me but I'd never target the dog myself, I'd just follow the owner home and post it through their letterbox Big Grin
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Apr 03 2013, 19:00

I wouldn't wait, it may have been isolated this time but may deter it happening again. Just a thought Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Apr 03 2013, 19:15

That is shocking, I really can't imagine what would go through someones mind to make them do something like that angry

Comment from the poice is great thought, maybe the copper was a staffy owner!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 19:20

How appalling are some idiots! You are right they do want shooting! Straight Face

Back to top Go down

Post by pag Wed Apr 03 2013, 19:22

unbelievable what goes on in some heads... I'd be tempted to rig up a camera, just in case they decided to come back. catch the buggers red handed...grrrrrr at wits end r
pag
pag

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Wed Apr 03 2013, 19:48

Sazzle wrote:

Comment from the poice is great thought, maybe the copper was a staffy owner!

despite what people think coppers do their best, the problem is they do all the leg work, they could find out where the glass came from, who did it etc but the CPS would ask for solid evidence, it appears now that if you aren't caught red handed you will get away with it. This naturally p1sses them off as they have done all the hard work and paperwork for nothing and they're the first to be targeted when it comes to cuts in the department, so us giving these people a pasting often saves the copper the trouble, take the kids stolen bike, had we rang the police he'd have gotten away, they then have to find him, owner of bike loses it as it's evidence until they release it and crim gets out with a slap on wrist and does it again. The way we did it the crim got a good hiding, kid gets his bike back and coppers have little paperwork to do, and the guy will hopefully tell hisscummy friends to "stay the f- away from that street".

As for cameras, 3 of the houses on the street have them, we just never bother recording as we've never had to worry about this kind of thing, silly really and I think I'll be going for a hard drive system that auto records so many days at a time on the weekend.

stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:10

Yeah I know, generally they do, I sympathise as I actually know a couple of coppers!! Big Grin

Sometimes even being caught in the act isn't enough...when my car got stolen the police spotted it being driven, they chased the guy abandoned and ran off but he was known to them so was later arrested, however it never made it to court, insufficient evidence!!! frown
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Apr 03 2013, 20:42

This is a time when social media comes into it's own. At least you can warn the masses of what is going on in your street. The more people that are made aware of these idiots actions the better, you didn't hear that from me though Wink
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 21:20

Kathy wrote:This is a time when social media comes into it's own. At least you can warn the masses of what is going on in your street. The more people that are made aware of these idiots actions the better, you didn't hear that from me though Wink

Agreed Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03 2013, 23:28

Surprised OMG that is shocking... WTH is wrong with some people?? I'm glad the police were helpful though..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down