White Staffy Turning into a Dalmatian!!

5 posters

Go down

White Staffy Turning into a Dalmatian!! Empty White Staffy Turning into a Dalmatian!!

Post by jo garnett Sat Mar 30 2013, 10:12

Chloe was pure white when we got her, with a black patch over one eye and a little bit of black on one ear. Now, at 10 months, she has more black patches arriving almost daily - her backside is something to behold I dont want to s Her tummy, which was all pink, is now covered in big black blobs! Will she turn mostly black I'm wondering - does anyone know? We met a JRT owner a few months ago who said she would start changing colour soon and she certainly is Big Grin
jo garnett
jo garnett
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Lola and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : both 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Both female
Support total : 86

Back to top Go down

White Staffy Turning into a Dalmatian!! Empty Re: White Staffy Turning into a Dalmatian!!

Post by janey Sat Mar 30 2013, 10:20

Its really common and no she won't turn completely black its just pigments in the skin Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

White Staffy Turning into a Dalmatian!! Empty Re: White Staffy Turning into a Dalmatian!!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 10:22

Like janey said, it's common, Loki's brindle but developed a black spot on his skin on one of his white paws Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 10:39

It's normal Steff too has black spots under her white fur on her chest Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 10:45

Completely normal. It's just strong pigmentation which makes itself clearer as she grows & matures. She'll still be white, but her skin will have darker areas of pigment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 11:35

can we have some pics please Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Sat Mar 30 2013, 11:51

Yep, normal. Lola had a pure white chest as a pup, now it's got loads of small black patches
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 12:05

As everyone else has already said, very normal and don't worry Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:30

Romeo is the same, as he ages i see dark skin appearing under his white markings. good pigment is a good thing, good genes, i wouldnt worry, its natural
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:41

Yeah, pigment just fills in naturally when they're young. Dempsey has dark brown splotches on his belly, as well. Tongues

It's a lot like their noses. When they're young, their noses fill in gradually from pink to black. I think it's cute when they reach adulthood and they still have little pink splotches on their little noses. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Mar 30 2013, 22:09

fantastic mate, you probably have a staffy decended from the J hinks bloodline from 1862 . he bred a dalmation, a white english terrier and a bulldog, effectively breeding a mongrel but became a breed standard in 1888. if so her roots decend from "old mad man" and "puss"
the spots showing are prob from the dalmation which form as they age
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by jo garnett Sat Mar 30 2013, 23:24

brilliant! and thank you all so much for your replies. my son, who hadn't seen her for a few days, said yesterday 'oh my god, what's happened to her bum?!!' today i met the largest staffie i have ever seen in the shopping centre - she looked so much like chloe and i gave her a stroke and she lifted her front leg so i could tickle her belly (so cute!) her owner looked a bit surprised when i went straight down and stroked her.... anyway.... he said that his girl had developed 'black bits' over the years Laughing will post a photo of chloe's backside soon (she's snoring in the armchair at the moment and couldn't possibly disturb her!)
jo garnett
jo garnett

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 23:25

yep my staff harvey is a dally see Big Grin

White Staffy Turning into a Dalmatian!! 602808_10152424013520611_1038338746_n

Back to top Go down

Post by jo garnett Sat Mar 30 2013, 23:37

haha! beautiful girls ella Smile love their collars! and yes i see how harvey's got the 'spots' that chloe's developing Laughing chance just has a couple on his nose - how cute!!
jo garnett
jo garnett

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 23:38

jo garnett wrote:haha! beautiful girls ella Smile love their collars! and yes i see how harvey's got the 'spots' that chloe's developing Laughing chance just has a couple on his nose - how cute!!

haha they are both boys Big Grin

Yer Chance doesn't really have any, but ambulls don't have them as often

Back to top Go down

Post by jo garnett Sat Mar 30 2013, 23:44

whoops, yes sorry boys!! am thinking chloe might be an ambull - longer nose than lola and a lot bigger/chunkier! well........ she's probably allsorts Laughing
jo garnett
jo garnett

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30 2013, 23:47

Laughing

Haha ambulls tend to have alot bigger heads but not overly long muzzles Smile but she may well be!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down