Helpful advice

Go down

Helpful advice  Empty Helpful advice

Post by Jenc Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:30

I was out giving Katy her morning walk, we walk up our lane straight into the fields. When i entered the field i saw a lady i know walking her elderly red setter at the other end, no problem i thought as they are friends so i let katy off to play in the snow. As i was walking up the field i saw a man coming through the top gate with a dog off the lead, tried Katy's recall but she suffers with selective hearing sometimes Big Grin As he got nearer the dogs approached each other with no problem but the man noticed Katy's hackles were up a bit & commented on it(mine were too cos i cant stand the man). I said it wasn't a sign of aggression & she's just a pup. What is she he asks, is she a boxer Rolling Eyes no a staff i say doh Thats when i got the 1st grunt angry Unfortunately Katy decided she wanted to say hello to him next by putting her feet on his leg! Yes i know its bad manners & she's still learning. He said its lucky he had old trousers on (not that you would wear good stuff walking your dog in a field) he gave me a piece of training advice (hope you are ready for this) When she jumps up i'm to grab her by her front legs & throw her on the ground on her back!!!!!!! She will learn quickly he said. Good job he didn't demonstrate it or i would be up for GBH angry
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Helpful advice  Empty Re: Helpful advice

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:32

There really are some idiots out there. The thing is, I guarantee you he has done that himself to dogs in the past and thought he was doing the right thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:33

Oh, I've heard that one before, but it was years ago! He must be an old man to put any credence on that one.

What a plank.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:40

Must admit his dog did look very timid Sad

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Helpful advice  B110
Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:48

Yep. People care more about results than the method. Like beating your dog until it's obedient is a great idea because you end up with a dog that listens to you. Stupid Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down