Slightly annoyed but also a little bit proud of my boy...

5 posters

Go down

Slightly annoyed but also a little bit proud of my boy... Empty Slightly annoyed but also a little bit proud of my boy...

Post by Debs01 Tue Mar 12 2013, 12:21

So, we went to a huuuuuge park with Axl and he was on the long lead the whole way around because of other dogs about etc, I don't like to let him off as I'm not sure how he would react if a dog got eggy with him bouncing around them. Anyway we stopped off at a little cafe to get a coffee and bought Axl a pigs ear, he went under the table and dropped his ear because obviously there's hewman food round right! lol It was all going so well then this guy with his dog turns up and goes to the little coffee hut to get a drink, his dog however has smelt Axl's pig's ear and decides to try his luck he heads over to our table and as soon as he got close Axl started to growl, which is fair enough right? The dog comes closer and is now face to face with Axl within biting distance and they are both growling at each other but Axl didn't go for him, he was close enough to launch at him but he didn't and I know its stupid but I'm so proud of him for restraining himself. After the incident where he pinned a dog when he was younger I kind of breathed a sigh of relief! Anyway after much flapping of arms and me kicking my legs about like a loon the owner decides to come over and get his dog... I was a bit annoyed that he didn't exactly rush over to grab the dog to be honest, it was up to me and my boyfriend to fend his dog off! Axl lost his pig's ear too Sad The guy did have the decency to buy him a new one though so can't be too angry. I guess I wish people would take more notice of what their dog's doing rather than let them be a nuisance Sad

But yay for Axl's restraint! Smile
Debs01
Debs01
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Axl
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 189

Back to top Go down

Slightly annoyed but also a little bit proud of my boy... Empty Re: Slightly annoyed but also a little bit proud of my boy...

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:33

Dogs can be sneaky little ninjas sometimes, have to have eyes in the back of your head. Glad neither Axl nor the other dog escalated though, you must've been happy that nothing happened Smile I think most dogs don't easily resort to fighting, so try not to get stressed out or worried if you're in that situation.

Back to top Go down

Slightly annoyed but also a little bit proud of my boy... Empty Re: Slightly annoyed but also a little bit proud of my boy...

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:36

Well done Axl and well done you. At least he did replace the lost ear so all bad then. Some people do need to be more aware of what is going on around them, I've had this when out on walks with Rocky, I see a loose dog with the owner about 50 meters away on the phone.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Debs01 Tue Mar 12 2013, 13:52

Yeah it was a relief nothing happened apart from a lot of noise, even that is scary though sounds far worse than it actually is. I'm getting a lot better at not overreacting as time goes on, it does make my stomach drop though when things like that happen, guess I'm just a nervous person Smile

It is annoying some people don't keep an eye on their dogs Sad

Debs01
Debs01

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Axl
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Tue Mar 12 2013, 14:24

Well done Axl, no dog I know would let another come and take his food and to be honest I don't know of a human that would let another human try to take their food without an exclamation! Big Grin (And an exclamation is putting it nicely Wink if someone tried to take my OH's food it'd be more swearing than exclaiming!)

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Mar 12 2013, 15:16

well done to you both

it can get very annoying when this happens and axl restrained his self which is fab as this could have turned very nasty! stupid dog owner they just do not think
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony n Jane Tue Mar 12 2013, 15:18

More proof that Staffys are not monsters, Well done Axl Smile
Tony n Jane
Tony n Jane
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Slightly annoyed but also a little bit proud of my boy... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Ella
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and half
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down