Please read this if you have the time

Go down

lock Please read this if you have the time

Post by Panda Fri Mar 08 2013, 08:42

I hope some of you will read this, you may not agree, but it may provide another way of looking at cages.
PETA is well respected throughout the world, sometimes it says things that people would prefer to close their ears to, and although this is an American site, it has an honest way about it. There are lots of things on their site that I do not agree with but this particular one should be read by everyone if they have the time. I won't write anymore on the subject, but please believe me when I say I did not wish to offend people.
Panda
Panda
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

lock Re: Please read this if you have the time

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 09:00

The link doesn't work. Although I can believe in somethings PETA stand for and support some of their ideals, they are extremists in my opinion. I don't believe in any form of extremism.

They also said the Pokemon Nintendo games are increasing animal cruelty. Which sums up a lot to me. Ludicrous!

Crate/cages are just objects. I agree if they are used wrongly they could be deemed a prison but that has more to do with the irresponsible people using it. They are still inanimate objects.

I will firmly stand behind anyone using a crate properly as they provide an excellent place for a dog if used properly and help a lot of owners with many different behavioural issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 09:06

Same as Mat. The link doesn't work but I don't have a lot of time for PETA. They've come up with so many ludicrous things over the years.

Anne I appreciate that you have strong views on crates (or cages, whatever you want to call them) but if used properly they are a God send to many, many people and can save the lives of dogs that are known chewers.

We can't all be with our dogs 24/7, and for our peace of mind and safety of our dogs a crate is sometimes a good idea.

Your problem, I'm afraid, is that you choose to ignore all the good things about them and concentrate on the bad things that bad/ignorant owners use them for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 09:14

OK.

I just looked up the original PETA view on crates, and I'm not even going to give our members the chance to read it. It's so biased it's unbelievable. They are talking about leaving dogs locked in a crate for 19 hours a day - totally ridiculous!

And as for them saying that the dogs hate them, really, because they are not 'den' animals...defies belief! Dogs that are used to having their bed in a crate are very happy to take themselves off to it for a little snooze and will automatically go in there, again very happily, at night to sleep. Once they are through the chewing stage they don't have the door shut - so how do they hate them?

PETA make me very angry! They are anti everything that makes a dog a family pet. As far as they are concerned, no animal should be kept as a pet, because they are being treated abnormally, against nature.

Total and absolute rubbish.

If that's the only proof you have against crates (used correctly) then you are sadly misguided.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08 2013, 09:21

Caryll wrote:They are anti everything that makes a dog a family pet. As far as they are concerned, no animal should be kept as a pet, because they are being treated abnormally, against nature

That is why I'd refer to them as extremists. They live in a fantasy world where they want all animals to co-exist with humans as if we are totally equal. Although that sounds wonderful it is completely impossible in today's world.

I was brought up as a non meat eater by my Mum from a young age. I despise animal cruelty just like all of our forum members do. But at the same time I understand that my views are only my views.

These topics are based upon "I don't like something so therefore it is wrong." I've yet to come across someone who has tried crate training that hasn't had a positive experience. When used for training and protecting our pets they are one of the most beneficial things you can own.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down