Amipopzzz
Steve
Polly Pocket
Ernestine
el_toro
johneva
15 posters

Go down

PLEASE READ...... Empty PLEASE READ......

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 12:49

Im cross posting this message.........

We got a message from a gentleman in Devon, distraught because his blue staffy has been seized as "type".

This dog has a 5 generation pedigree with Crossguns, Manorstaffs and Janastaffs in it.

The reason for him being seized? Because he is blue and blue means "pitbull" according to the police.

We have been asked if we can get opinions from experienced owners and breeders, giving their opinion on whether this boy looks like a "proper" staffy. I'm assuming that any statements would need your name and location (don't know that a full address would be necessary) - I would need to check on this.

We have been asked to help in any way we can as dog seizures are getting worse and some police forces are now picking on colour - and it seems that a 5 generation pedigree means nothing to them - so this could happen to any one of us - so we need to start showing a united front and helping our fellow staffies.

Ive seen pics of this dog and oh my god! Its just a little blue staff could be memphis, milly, billy any blue staff. Im in shock its a complete joke! x

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ...... Empty Re: PLEASE READ......

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 12:50

What can we do to help, if anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 12:53

?? your guess is as good as mine caryll, nothing at the moment. Its just unbelievably shocking, im always harping on to people about if u dont have papers for your staff its probably a cross breed of some describtion and therefore may be more likely to be seized or should i say harder to prove its not type IF it gets seized but now it looks like even KC reg papers dont matter, so shocking! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 13:03

this is shocking Surprised

having said that, last week we went to a scout fair and took billy along, there were a few coppers there, who were stroking billy and saying what a good dog he was (thank goodness or who know what might have happened)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 13:09

Thats aweful Sad

Things like this are really worrying especially as i don't have papers for Harv, but i suppose there is only so much you can do to avoid attention.

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Wed Jul 20 2011, 13:21

Unfortunatly I am not supprised and something really does need doing about this stupid law.

I know of lots of people campaining against BSL yet nothing seems to actually being done about it, yes they are talking about a revised act but even thats is far from how it should work from what I have read about it.

When will they wake up and realise you carnt judge a dog by its breed, colour or general look. If its not aggressive and never been involved in anything to indicate the dog could be dangerous why are they putting these dogs to sleep?

So annoying and very worrying.

We are living with old style laws, we dont put all people of a certain type in prisoin because the way they look. Can you imagine stats say people that wear hoodys are more likely to be involved with crime, so lets come up with a law that puts all people who wear hoodys into prison. Just would not happen because its quite obiously a dumb idea.

Or what about young males are more likely to speed and cause car crashes so why not make a law that gives all young males a ban from driving just cos they are young males. The idea would get laughed at and would not even be considered yet works on the same principles as the BSL.
johneva
johneva
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by el_toro Wed Jul 20 2011, 13:43

I just have to say angry banghead
el_toro
el_toro
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Toro (Stormvindens Pawnee)
Dog Gender(s) : Dog
Support total : 4

http://torostaffi.nettisivu.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ernestine Wed Jul 20 2011, 13:51

That's completely ridiculous. So basically if it's blue it's a pitbull? I'd love to see them trying that one with a blue whippet....! Besides, pitbulls come in other colours too. I've seen a tan and white pup and a plain tan one as well.

Seriously though, isn't there perhaps some kind of genetic test that could be done? Something to determine what breed/s are present? Sorry if that sounds all wrong, or completey out of whack, it's just a thought.
Ernestine
Ernestine
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Wed Jul 20 2011, 15:19

We don't have any papers for Polly as she came from our local RSPCA rescue, considering the amount of Staffies that get rehomed this way obviously something needs to be done, otherwise whats to stop pounds and dog wardens putting dogs to sleep rather than rehoming them?
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Polly, Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 30/1/11 & 15/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 20 2011, 15:23

alot of kc dogs was sized in liverpool also, if they papers are official and they not over standard i'm pretty sure he will get the dog back.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amipopzzz Wed Jul 20 2011, 15:25

when we took our dogs to the vets, she did say that some breeders were using ''irish staffy'' as a front for for a pitbull and they are supposed to be blue.

so they've probably heard something and gone overboard like usual, its shocking and disgraceful =(

I havent got papers for mine either =(
Amipopzzz
Amipopzzz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
PLEASE READ...... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog(s) Ages : approx 13/14
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 15:26

Well to be honest in hell of alot of cases this IS what is happening. Perfectly healthy and well behaved dogs and pups (as young as 6 months) are being put to sleep in pounds because of thier breed and lack of space in rescues (and some rescues re fusing to take them beacuse of the amount of staff types they already have). x

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 20 2011, 15:30

Because alot of people treat their dogs as things and throw them away when they dont turn out how they want them, IMO these people are not fit enough to bring up kids and should neutered or spaded....

if people cant train a dog how the hell can the goiverment trust them to bring up a childen.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 16:07

What a shame! Do you know which part of Devon (I'm in Devon too) There have been a few stories like this lately down here, most scary was about a month ago, NEXT STREET OVER FROM MINE!!!!!! They were seized as 'fighting dogs', a male, a bitch and 5 pups, and as far as I know, they're not getting them back. It scared the crap out of me cos it's literally just across the road.

I really hope the guy you're talking about gets his dog back, I'd be absolutely distraught if Charlie was seized, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jul 20 2011, 16:38

Another example of the total disregard and heartless attitude of authorities...

I would find both the council worker and vet involved in this
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3540729/Burgled-family-lose-dog-as-well.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News
chloexxx
chloexxx

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Chloe, Blake
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch/ Dog
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 16:50

Sad poor dog and the family.

I think it's disgusting that even if your dog is microchipped you don't get a call to say your dog has been found!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 16:52

Makes you wonder why you pay to have the microchip put in in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Wed Jul 20 2011, 17:15

At least the nationals took notice this time !!!
chloexxx
chloexxx

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kris82 Wed Jul 20 2011, 17:17

oh my god this makes me so angry
i've heard of things like this before there was a campain to save a 5 year old American Bull Labrador cross (lennox) because he looked like a pit bull.
The laws on such breeds needs changing...... when are people going to understand that there are no bad dogs just bad owners...... banghead
And the stero typing of breeds is disgraceful.
kris82
kris82

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : coco
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 20 2011, 17:22

the thing is the police dont go around looking for ban dog becasue we have million of wananbe be gangstars & druggies they dont have time, IMO if you do have a type your dog will only be seized if someone report you to the police.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 18:02

If anyone reports me and Charlie gets seized, there'll be hell to pay!!

I don't think anyone hates me quite that much though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20 2011, 18:38

WHAT!!!!! .. this is disgusting!! i cant believe how the police are maybe they should all go on a course in which they LEARN which breeds are banned and not!! :@ :@ IDIOTS

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Wed Jul 20 2011, 22:41

Coppers got nothing better to do....
Summerisle
Summerisle

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21 2011, 07:17

OMG I am shocked I do not know what I would do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21 2011, 08:13

Steve wrote:the thing is the police dont go around looking for ban dog becasue we have million of wananbe be gangstars & druggies they dont have time, IMO if you do have a type your dog will only be seized if someone report you to the police.

I know what your saying but unfortunatley in this case the dog was just seen and seized. It is a beatifully behaved dog and trained very well it would not of drawn attention to its self at all x

Back to top Go down

Post by CARP_CRAZY Thu Jul 21 2011, 08:25

omg this is awfull! stomp frustrated
CARP_CRAZY
CARP_CRAZY
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : REGGIE
Dog Gender(s) : MALE

Back to top Go down

Post by chloexxx Thu Jul 21 2011, 10:33

Steve wrote:the thing is the police dont go around looking for ban dog becasue we have million of wananbe be gangstars & druggies they dont have time, IMO if you do have a type your dog will only be seized if someone report you to the police.

Agree Steve, but people should not have to * foot around folk, keeping everyone happy incase their pet gets seized..... What a stupid situation we are in really...

If your dog is well trained, well mannered and causing no problems then that should be enough..... Unless it is a banned breed of course then you shouldn't really have it, and you know the risks!!! This type thing is wrong
chloexxx
chloexxx

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21 2011, 12:58

UPDATE:

This dog HAD been reported to the police as a "dangerous" animal........The staff was in his own garden minding his own buisness when another dog jumped over the gate into his space and attacked him, the staff obviously fought back and the other dog came off worse. The other dogs owner reported the staff?!?! WTF x

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jul 21 2011, 13:17

chloexxx wrote:

Agree Steve, but people should not have to * foot around folk, keeping everyone happy incase their pet gets seized..... What a stupid situation we are in really

this is the law & if you want that type of dog you are at risk of losing at any time.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jul 21 2011, 13:21

blaze wrote:UPDATE:

This dog HAD been reported to the police as a "dangerous" animal........The staff was in his own garden minding his own buisness when another dog jumped over the gate into his space and attacked him, the staff obviously fought back and the other dog came off worse. The other dogs owner reported the staff?!?! WTF x

i knew it, the police just dont have time looking for owners who as one dog. if hes got official papers becasue there are alot of blue are types and with IKC papers or fake papers, he shouldn't have a problem and thats a dog on dog i can see the police getting told off.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Thu Jul 21 2011, 13:23

I'd be taking that other owner to court after I got my dog back if I owned that Stafford.
Summerisle
Summerisle

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21 2011, 14:47

Steve wrote:

i knew it, the police just dont have time looking for owners who as one dog. if hes got official papers becasue there are alot of blue are types and with IKC papers or fake papers, he shouldn't have a problem and thats a dog on dog i can see the police getting told off.

Not only was it a dog on dog but the other owner obviously was the one not in control of HIS dog for it to jump into someone elses property! I just dont understand how the police could of seized the dog in the first place! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jul 21 2011, 14:54

they may have another report of something else. becasue there was a owner of 3 staffy the other side of the estate to me hes staffy that killed a collie i think it was the police went around and give gim a warning, they couldn't sezied them because it was a dog on dog.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Jul 21 2011, 17:27

Papers dont matter, the police could always argue that the dog was not from that litter and it was another dogs papers. I believe you might be able to use DNA profiling as proof of your dogs parentage but its all about how good your lawyer is and what side of bed the judge woke up on in these cases...
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by buster2011 Thu Jul 21 2011, 17:36

the world has gone mad
i will talk to my mate about the law on it as he is a cop in bristol
buster2011
buster2011

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by JoNaThAn Fri Jul 22 2011, 16:53

i agree with good layer, and dna testing.but a dogs coulor does not make the breed.
JoNaThAn
JoNaThAn

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : MADAMAMOISELLE & ZEUS
Dog Gender(s) : 1 female and 1 male
Support total : 3

http://jonath.consta@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Jul 24 2011, 18:21

Its a real mess the law is so hypicritical,
Ive said it many times just because you have papers for your dog doesnt mean its a good type the dog has to be typed to the standard.
Most cases are reported by public to the police we really should not panic having a well sociol dog makes all the difference Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by dkay72 Sun Jul 24 2011, 18:32

and that wer inteligent enought to not leave it in a car on the hottest day of the year!!!!! wen they can look after there own dogs then let them come back to the people who truely care about there pets
dkay72
dkay72

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : rocky
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down