Over-affectionate staff?

4 posters

Go down

Over-affectionate staff? Empty Over-affectionate staff?

Post by jitjit Sat Sep 18 2010, 11:33

Hi guys/girls,

New to the website, have an 18 month old bitch who won't stop licking/nipping at your ears when stroking or showing her affection. Just wondered if anyone has an idea why she might be doing this is it normal?. If i have her on my lap she is always trying to get in my face and constantly lick, the nibbling of the ears isn't so frequent.

Just wondered if anyone can help as she is our first staff so still learning her behavioural traits!!

Many thanks in advance!!!

jitjit
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Missy
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Over-affectionate staff? Empty Re: Over-affectionate staff?

Post by janey Sat Sep 18 2010, 15:08

I'm affraid mine is the same too, although I do try to turn away or ignore it, especially the nibbling because sometimes it hurts! Not much help at all really!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18 2010, 16:46

Shes only showing u love haha!! But if its something thats getting a bit much then the best way to get a staff not to do something is to ignore them. As soon as she starts nibbleing or whatever it is u dont want her to do stop stroking dont look at her sit up, litterally give her no attention what so ever, then when shes calm again make a fuss of her, u will have to be persistant but it will work. Eventually she will get the idea that she gets no attention by doing something u dont want her to do, Staffs love people and the worst thing for then ever is being agnored, she'll get it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18 2010, 17:16

could not say it better myself blaze666 staffs are so loving but hate being agnored its cute at first the licking and nipping but 27-7 gets a bit much memphis in a few weeks is starting to learn dont know if its with him being a pup and if its best to do this as a pup (WOULD OF THOUGHT SO)

Back to top Go down

Post by jitjit Sat Sep 18 2010, 17:50

Hi guys/girls thank you to all of you that took the time to reply, oh and for the warm welcome!! Big Grin

Slight change of direction with my next (and last!) question. Missy isn't pure staff i know that much! But is there a way that we can find out what mix she is?? We gave her a home from a really tough situation so have no history about her other than age. People (who don't really know what there talking about!!) have given us there opinions but we would really love some educated advice!! Hence registering on this site.

Again any help really is appriciated =D>

jitjit

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Sep 18 2010, 18:01

i think you can get DNA tests i think it would be better going to your vet for that type of thing.

Tongues you can ask many questions you like

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18 2010, 20:58

To be honest yes you can get dna tests but they are a complete waste of money and even vets although may give an opinion can sometimes be way off lol. You will probably never no really but why not but i pic of her on here and we can give an opinion.....
x

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Sep 18 2010, 21:02

blaze666 wrote:To be honest yes you can get dna tests but they are a complete waste of money and even vets although may give an opinion can sometimes be way off lol. You will probably never no really but why not but i pic of her on here and we can give an opinion.....
x

yea i think the same too, there was an few members that got there dogs DNA tested online on this forum before i closed it down from a website, how do you even know they did all the test in the first place they could of just of send made up results back to them.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18 2010, 21:13

yea its crap! And like i said vets probably wouldnt have much more of an idea than a 'doggy person' but always worth an ask! Lets be honest unless you've got a kc reg dog then its highly likely that it will be a cross anyway (crossed at some point down the line) My kaos to be fair doent look overly staffy like, but both his parent were deffo staffies and not bad looking ones at that but kaos bless his heart......has ear problems lmao! Im hoping its 'teething ears' although he hasnt actually started teething yet! Ty on the other hand who i have no idea where he came from its turning into a lovely looking dog, he's starting to fill out now and looking lovely for it....even if i do say so myself! ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Sat Sep 18 2010, 21:32

Kaiser loves licking our faces it does get annoying at times but thats them showing u love kaiser likes to nip ur ears
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 18 2010, 21:47

Blue always licks my face....worse thing he does is when im talking to him he licks and gets his tounge in my mouth as I open it lol but I think thats just to shut me up cos im boring him Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 19 2010, 02:23

ye bluestaffblue they get it down to a fine art licking you in the mouth there timing is perfect and when they lick the roof of your mouth it makes you cring especaly when you know what the last thing they licked was lol

Back to top Go down

Post by jitjit Sun Sep 19 2010, 08:46

yeah good shout, i'll get some pics uploaded and get them on here, might take a while computers aren't really my thing lol. And a big thank you again to everyone for there input, really appriciated. =D> Big Grin =D>

jitjit

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down