I was given this link about a staffy killing another dog

+2
gem
HazelJ
6 posters

Go down

I was given this link about a staffy killing another dog  Empty I was given this link about a staffy killing another dog

Post by HazelJ Sun Feb 27 2011, 01:11

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1359776/Family-devastated-adopted-RSPCA-dog-savaged-chihuahua-death.html#ixzz1EsJqcAOt

When will people learn? Trust them to put a 'savage looking" pic in when it looks to me like it's giving a staffy smile.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
I was given this link about a staffy killing another dog  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

I was given this link about a staffy killing another dog  Empty Re: I was given this link about a staffy killing another dog

Post by Guest Sun Feb 27 2011, 01:14

My god, talk about putting another nail in the coffin for rescue dogs. That's the RSPCA's fault for not temperament testing the poor creature thoroughly.

Back to top Go down

I was given this link about a staffy killing another dog  Empty Re: I was given this link about a staffy killing another dog

Post by HazelJ Sun Feb 27 2011, 01:39

Yeah that's what everyone is saying as well. Why let it go so quickly and shouldn't the family have tested their yappy little mutt with him to start with just because u have a dog doesn't mean another dog will get along well with it. I feel sorry for both dogs. 2 dogs gone.
HazelJ
HazelJ

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 27 2011, 06:26

I don't believe this "It broke off the lead" businees either. Sounds like someone let it off the lead before the correct temperament testing had been done. Or they had a loose collar on to enable it to escape

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 27 2011, 09:49

Oh my god, poor bloody dogs. I have absolute zero respect for the RSPCA, they are just complete * ups. Both dogs dead, all because neither the RSPCA or the new owners did what needed to be done. RIP to both dogs. (And I agree, that is def a staffy smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Feb 27 2011, 15:29

I read about it and must say thats why I advise to get from stafford rescue as they know the breed so well and there temperment tests are to suit the breed. My dog would happily stand side by side with another dog but off lead total different sinario.
100% blame goes to the rescue and if I was in the peoples shoes id be claiming I know its not going to bring back there loved freind but lessons would be learnt money talks.
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Mon Feb 28 2011, 23:06

BlueStaffBlue wrote:I don't believe this "It broke off the lead" businees either. Sounds like someone let it off the lead before the correct temperament testing had been done. Or they had a loose collar on to enable it to escape

I agree i was thinking that the lead must not have been strong enough for a staffy, i mean they had a chihuahua so they wouldn't need a strong lead or collar. Nitro broke off one of his leashes then i got another and he couldn't get out of it lol it's lasted him, Mia & now Harley who i need to get a new collar for as he can get out of his.
HazelJ
HazelJ

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulnewowner Mon Mar 07 2011, 19:20

Makes me a bit scared now knowing I just got Jess from the local RSPCA in Liverpool! They did come across as if they knew quite a bit coz the person who dealt with us had staffys all his life plus they have a high turn over of them so I suppose they know quite a bit! Being honest she's soft as hell!
hopefulnewowner
hopefulnewowner
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jess
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Mar 07 2011, 19:24

hopefulnewowner wrote:Makes me a bit scared now knowing I just got Jess from the local RSPCA in Liverpool! They did come across as if they knew quite a bit coz the person who dealt with us had staffys all his life plus they have a high turn over of them so I suppose they know quite a bit! Being honest she's soft as hell!

Don't be worried. Rescue shelters do an amazing job. That could have been any breed to have turned. Enjoy your Jess, they are soft as hell, just`exteam cases this sort of thing happens. Moo is a rescue and is the most well behaved pleasent dog x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 23:21

People don't report the 1,000's of happy cases. Bad news is what sells
Enjoy Jess, I'm sure you'll have loads of happy years together

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08 2011, 00:57

BlueStaffBlue wrote:People don't report the 1,000's of happy cases. Bad news is what sells
Enjoy Jess, I'm sure you'll have loads of happy years together

So true Blue they never report the good stuff as Blue says enjoy Jess Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Tue Mar 08 2011, 19:13

I know it is just the bad stuff and i dont think he should of been rehomed wither until he had put weight on a little bit id still rescue a staffy because i think they all deserve a chance but i dont think id ever get one if i had a chuhua as i think there just to small to have with one really because if they did have a bit of a scuffle it wouldnt stand a chance
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Mar 11 2011, 16:34

Dont know where they got that photo from though, Im sure I recognise the dog its quite well known on the show circuit if its the one im thinking of. It couldnt be though must be from an archive the newspaper has
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Sat Mar 12 2011, 01:51

Nosipho- maybe they did a story on the dog show in the paper and they used that pic, i still reckon it's smiling the good old staffy smile.
HazelJ
HazelJ

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down