Always something to spoil an otherwise good day!

5 posters

Go down

Always something to spoil an otherwise good day! Empty Always something to spoil an otherwise good day!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:19

One of the girls with us today has bad legs, so she was given a wheelchair to get around the zoo. That was fine - I didn't mind taking turns pushing her. What I do mind is her sitting there with a face like stone, scowling whenever the wheelchair hit a pothole, and not saying thank you once.

Just now, I've heard from another girl in the group that she started having a b*tch about it, saying that apparently we made her feel bad when we complained about pushing the wheelchair. Not once did we complain about pushing it! There were mild complaints when she expected us to push the damn thing up a steep hill, as it was pouring with rain and very muddy. Admittedly, one of the girls in the group does have an issue with volume control when she decides she wants to talk about somebody Rolling Eyes but that wasn't the entire group!

What annoys me is that I helped out with pushing the wheelchair, even though it's well known that I can't stand the girl. And it's a returned feeling. In the past, she's told a mutual friend that she doesn't like me, which I don't have a problem with whatsoever. But it does pee me off when she'll decide to act all 'buddy-buddy' when she needs something. I went out of my way today to be nice to her, but I shan't bother in the future.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Back to top Go down

Always something to spoil an otherwise good day! Empty Re: Always something to spoil an otherwise good day!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:24

Hmm. She just apologised apparently. Anger subsiding a little. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Always something to spoil an otherwise good day! Empty Re: Always something to spoil an otherwise good day!

Post by rebeccaleanne Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:26

Thats un fair of her is that, it must be hard for her but still a thank u and a smile doesnt do harm!! Not a fan of people like that, its selfish! as no offence an sure you hadnt planned on spending ure day pushing a wheel chair about!! And if u dnt like someone well u deserve a pat on back for that!!

Part from that how was the zoo?!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:28

Only four weeks left and I never have to put up with her again! Big Grin

The rest was great! Saw a lot of animals. Good thing about rain is that everybody else stays home, so the zoo was pretty much empty. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:30

Manners cost nothing!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:30

It takes all sorts. What annoys me is that she probably didn't need the wheelchair anyway, or at least not all the time. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:42

Caryll wrote:It takes all sorts. What annoys me is that she probably didn't need the wheelchair anyway, or at least not all the time. Always something to spoil an otherwise good day! 42712

plus even if she does need a wheelchair she should be able to propel herself and just require the odd hand on hill etc not sitting getting pushed all day lazy cow Always something to spoil an otherwise good day! 12827 Always something to spoil an otherwise good day! 833335
(ungratefull lazy cow even lol lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:44

Nothing like a good rant, get it outta ya haha!

Ungrateful attitudes are never gonna be well received!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Feb 25 2013, 19:56

Eleanor wrote: Good thing about rain is that everybody else stays home, so the zoo was pretty much empty. Tongues

Great to know the cold and rain are useful for something Big Grin

There does always seem to be something to spoil an otherwise great day Rolling Eyes
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 20:35

You did your best Eleanor and that's all anyone can do. Sometimes people just feel so sorry for themselves that they take it out on others.

Roll on 4 weeks, then she'll be someone else's cross to bear!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 20:42

janey wrote:
Manners cost nothing!

Nothing is apparently still too expensive. Tongues

Caryll wrote:It takes all sorts. What annoys me is that she probably didn't need the wheelchair anyway, or at least not all the time. Sad

Not all of the time, no. She milks it for all it's worth. It's understandable that her feet start to hurt if she stands for too long, but that happens to anybody if they aren't used to it! And that's the problem! She's all recovered from the operation, but she won't start walking properly, so her legs don't strengthen enough. It's a vicious cycle.

Warren wrote:

plus even if she does need a wheelchair she should be able to propel herself and just require the odd hand on hill etc not sitting getting pushed all day lazy cow Always something to spoil an otherwise good day! 12827 Always something to spoil an otherwise good day! 833335
(ungratefull lazy cow even lol lol)

That's something else that annoyed me. When we were going uphill, we'd ask her to help out with the wheels, and she complained that her hands were getting muddy. Rolling Eyes

MatLogan wrote:Nothing like a good rant, get it outta ya haha!

Ungrateful attitudes are never gonna be well received!

Yeah, I felt better after the rant. Tongues

Kathy wrote:
Eleanor wrote: Good thing about rain is that everybody else stays home, so the zoo was pretty much empty. Tongues

Great to know the cold and rain are useful for something Big Grin

There does always seem to be something to spoil an otherwise great day Rolling Eyes

Definitely useful! Big Grin And it brought the day down a little, but thankfully I could still enjoy the animals. Smile

Lynda wrote:You did your best Eleanor and that's all anyone can do. Sometimes people just feel so sorry for themselves that they take it out on others.

Roll on 4 weeks, then she'll be someone else's cross to bear!

Counting down the days! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25 2013, 21:26

Caryll wrote:It takes all sorts. What annoys me is that she probably didn't need the wheelchair anyway, or at least not all the time. Sad

To be fair, Caryll, when my legs are bad with my eczema I literally can't walk without being in constant pain, so it doesn't take much for a person to need a wheelchair even if they're otherwise perfectly fine.

Sounds a bit selfish of her though, definitely, if everyone's taking turns helping you out, it's not on their list of fun things to do, so all it takes is some manners. Least she apologised...eventually Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Fri Mar 01 2013, 01:52

Not to brag or anything. -- just how BAD are her legs ? that she had to be making faces etc while you and others were being kind enough to expend extra energy to push her about ? I dislocated my Right knee at my Wedding Reception, spent the rest of my wedding night in the ER with my husband being stared at like a circus sideshow- rode 10 hours in a car with my leg perfectly straight to St. Louis, MO ...... 2 days after dislocation, I WALKED up all the stairs from the river front leading up to the base of the Gateway Arch, walked down all the steps once inside.. and then up more steps once we got to the "top" -- 4 days after dislocation, I walked the entire Botanical Gardens. ... I was in A LOT of pain by the time I was done doing all the above but our hotel had a Jacuzzi and a pool that I used the jets to beat on my knee between excursions and my AWESOME Husband paid for me to go and have a 2 hour massage on our last day on our honeymoon. Gosh I love this man.... So .. excuse me for not understanding why she couldn't have walked up that hill ?
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Always something to spoil an otherwise good day! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:39

I have no sympathy for her whatsoever - as you said, she could have easily walked up the hill.

I'm done being nice to her anyway - she added the final straw on Wednesday! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fryfogle29 Fri Mar 01 2013, 20:40

Laughing Laughing sounds to me like a case of " you made your bed you lay in it!" Big Grin
Fryfogle29
Fryfogle29

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Mon Mar 04 2013, 00:53

Some people need a good shouting at and a massive reality check, it made me very angry reading this as it reminded me of our holiday last year.

We booked a holiday for the family and my grandpa as he hadn't been away for a while, by all accounts he can be a right selfish b anyway but in the months leading up to the holiday he suffered a stroke, long story short we got him out of the rehabilitation centre a month before he was supposed to be released as he was showing great progress and took him on holiday, nothing was good enough for him. Mornings were spent getting him out of bed, dressed, toilet and sat down for breakfast, whilst he was sat having breakfast one of us would be in the launderette washing bedding as his convene would come off with fidgeting in the night (this never happened in the rehabilitation centre I might add). We then had the kids to get dressed and fed and he would "accidently" spill his coffee down him (funny how it never happened while we were out) while we were sorting them out, after all that we then had to get washed and dressed ourselves and he would sit sulking and fidgeting because he was ready to go out, this meant we'd rush and were already off to a bad start. By the time we got out of the apartment it was nearly lunchtime and after that I was ready for killing him, he turned our holiday into his holiday and ruined it for everybody, not because we had to push his wheelchair and do everything for him but because of his selfish ignorant attitude and his feeling of importance because he was in a wheelchair. 4th day in we had an hour left for the kids to have fun before the amusement park closed as he had dragged us round a market for 3 hours buying rubbish and tat and he decides it's time to go and eat, I lost my temper and told my brother to "get him out my face before I push him into the road", they set off and he realizes we're not all following HIM and decides he doesn't want anything to eat now. That was it for me and I blew my stack with him, made very clear I wished I'd left him rotting in the rehabilitation centre so we could enjoy our holiday and told him we were going back to the apartment, loading the car up and going home. He spent the rest of the evening feeling sorry for himself and scared of the prospect of being dumped back at home and having nobody to look after him as I'd told him I'd never speak to him again after what he'd done, we pretended to be in the bedrooms packing and put him to bed on the pretense that we were leaving in the morning, things quickly changed after that day. The rest of the holiday was a completely different experience, amazing what a few harsh words and the threat of being on your own can do to somebody, oddly enough the convene didn't "slip" off anymore and he managed to find a tighter grasp on his cup. If you ask me the girl you pushed around all day needs a good slap and some very nasty words thrown at her.

I have experienced first hand being in a wheelchair after badly breaking both legs in a banger racing accident and no way would I have been so disgusting to the people helping me, I understood the patience my friends had when waiting for me to get into their cars as I couldn't drive and I appreciated my neighbour helping me in and out my front door when I needed to go to the shop and taking my wheelie bin out despite being in his 60's and not in the best of health himself, I wouldn't dream of asking anymore from the people that helped and I wouldn't have wanted it, I certainly didn't want pushing around and the only time I was abrupt was if somebody pushed my chair when they thought I was struggling, I hated the feeling of not being in control of it. I know for me it wasn't so bad as I knew I'd be walking again in a matter of weeks but I don't think I'd have turned out the way a lot of people do if it was a lot longer, there's no point being angry at the world because you're in a difficult position the only thing it will gain you is no friends and a very long miserable recovery
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down