Grrr :(

3 posters

Go down

Grrr :( Empty Grrr :(

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:07

Minor rant about my earphones. In the last couple of months, I must have bought at least six pairs of earphones because, no matter what type I get, they break.

The first couple I got - the ear buds actually fell apart, so all the wires were exposed. Dempsey's broken a couple of pairs by headbutting the side of my laptop, where they plug in. A few lasted for a couple of weeks, then either fell apart or stopped working. I bought another three pairs earlier in the week, which were supposed to be sturdy. One pair stopped working almost straight away. The second pair broke at the base. The third pair stopped producing sound in one of the earbuds earlier today.

Can anybody reccommend some inexpensive earphones (the in-ear kind, with the rubber attachment) that won't break after a couple of weeks?

And to top it all off, I have really bad stomach pains, and pain killers won't work properly. angry

Not a happy bunny today! doh

Back to top Go down

Grrr :( Empty Re: Grrr :(

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:10

well ive been using these apple in-ear phones for a few years now and I personally think there great.
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/headphones/apple-in-ear-headphones-review-49300262/

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:18

I prefer skullcandy and would reccomend them
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skullcandy-Inkd-Black-earbud-earphones-headphones-New-Sealed-BNIB-/181008430659?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item2a24f17643

Last edited by dave742 on Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:20; edited 1 time in total
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:19

£25! Wowza! Surprised I was thinking more along the lines of less than £10. Tongues I've not got a lot of money at the moment. But I'll take it into consideration, thanks! Smile

I'll try looking up some Skull Candy ones, as well! Thankee! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:23

Hmm. Just realised that the ones that broke today were Skullcandy. Well, I think they are - I got them online and you can't always trust them. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:26

Eleanor wrote:Hmm. Just realised that the ones that broke today were Skullcandy. Well, I think they are - I got them online and you can't always trust them. Tongues
you do know you can send them back at anytime don't you? if your not happy with the quality just tell them you expected better? they will just replace them
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:27

eBay. Tongues That's what makes me wonder if they were actually Skullcandy or just replicates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:28

quality earphones dont come cheap.. not just for durability but for sound.. I cant use cheap ones but because I can tell im not listening to studio quality.

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:33

If they are genuine skullcandy just email telling them, i pulled the bud off one pair taking them out of my pocket and another pair i bent the plug, i emailed them and they just said said them back both times no issues
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 15:46

dave742 wrote:I prefer skullcandy and would reccomend them
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skullcandy-Inkd-Black-earbud-earphones-headphones-New-Sealed-BNIB-/181008430659?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item2a24f17643

I hate SkullCandy, the sound's great but they ALWAYS break for me after a few months. Can't recommend any, sorry, but hope you feel better soon too Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by buddy boy Fri Feb 15 2013, 16:18

Hi Eleanor
Personnally I use cordless, no wires etc, listening to ozzy whilst having a wee is a whole new experience believe me, £1 shops ear phones are good and last well from what I hear,

hope you get it sorted out,

xx
buddy boy
buddy boy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 1 years
Dog Gender(s) : 2 dogs 1 bitch
Support total : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Feb 15 2013, 18:04

I've had a pair of these Sennheisers for about two years now and no complaints from me with them:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/320832475683?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 18:49

i have skullcandy ones but not the in ear ones.

If you want them to last you might need to spend some more pennies Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 18:52

why don't you go wireless , little dongle out the side , little more money but hey who cares if you can go through 6 pr in 2 months it's all about the big picture not the short term

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15 2013, 19:10

Jason wrote:quality earphones dont come cheap.. not just for durability but for sound.. I cant use cheap ones but because I can tell im not listening to studio quality.

All I need them for is just basic stuff - quality really isn't an issue with me. Tongues

dave742 wrote:If they are genuine skullcandy just email telling them, i pulled the bud off one pair taking them out of my pocket and another pair i bent the plug, i emailed them and they just said said them back both times no issues

Ah, okay, thanks! Smile

Tara wrote:
dave742 wrote:I prefer skullcandy and would reccomend them

I'll check out the link, thanks! Smile

I hate SkullCandy, the sound's great but they ALWAYS break for me after a few months. Can't recommend any, sorry, but hope you feel better soon too Big Grin

Thank you! Tongues

buddy boy wrote:Hi Eleanor
Personnally I use cordless, no wires etc, listening to ozzy whilst having a wee is a whole new experience believe me, £1 shops ear phones are good and last well from what I hear,

hope you get it sorted out,

xx

Wow, that was a mental image right there! Laughing The problem with wireless headphones is that Dempsey is a very destructive dog. I wouldn't want to pay a fair amount of money, only to have him somehow ruin the product. Tongues

Kathy wrote:I've had a pair of these Sennheisers for about two years now and no complaints from me with them:

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/320832475683?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

I'll check the link - thankies! Smile

ella wrote:i have skullcandy ones but not the in ear ones.

If you want them to last you might need to spend some more pennies Wink

Yeah, looks like I'll have to. Tongues

Dave wrote:why don't you go wireless , little dongle out the side , little more money but hey who cares if you can go through 6 pr in 2 months it's all about the big picture not the short term

See above. Laughing A lot of stuff gets wrecked by Dempsey. I gave up on buying expensive things a looooong time ago.

Luckily, that means all the earphones that were broken were very cheap, most on sale or BOGOF. So yeah, that's probably why they broke! Laughing

Thank you for all the help! xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down