Just Looking Through Rescue Sites

2 posters

Go down

Sad Just Looking Through Rescue Sites

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07 2013, 11:49

Having a quiet day in the office and have started looking through the local rescue websites. I nearly wish I hadn't, it's unreal some of the dogs in them.

Shih Tzu's seem to be getting to be a big problem, one rescue centre has 17 of them in it, in N. Ireland the centres are usually very small so that is a massive amount for one place. There is even an English Bull Terrier in one which is very close to where I live, I could count on one hand how many EBT's I've seen out and about here.

My mum is looking a dog and I'm trying my best to find something appropriate for her, but there hasn't been anything she could really manage. I might have to mention the Shih Tzu's to her.

I too am working towards another dog and lately I've fell in love with a few boxers I've met, so has Logan. So I think they might be an option for me eventually.

It's times like these when I can really understand the major problem of over breeding dogs...

Back to top Go down

Sad Re: Just Looking Through Rescue Sites

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07 2013, 17:30

I've never seen an EBT in real life, they are like gold dust here. Shih Tzu's are horrible little dogs but they don't deserve the way they are treated. People get them thinking they are so cute and that they will stay small and fluffy when actually they are quite a big dog and very hard maintenance. I wish people would just think about things before getting them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07 2013, 17:37

I know of 2 EBT's here, one is my cousins and one my girlfriends dads. But you're right, they are very rare here, that's why seeing one in a rescue shocked me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08 2013, 03:16

I've never seen an EBT in real life before, lots of Shih Tzus though. I guess people treat them like babies and let them get away with all sorts, and before they know it, they have a...well, a dictator of a dog ruling their house, when in reality it's the people's fault. Had two Boxers before, Boxers are lovely Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08 2013, 10:05

There are a few EBTs where I live. They are so cute, I love their eyes. There is a woman who goes to the beach and she has 4 of them. Mammy, Daddy and 2 of the kids! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08 2013, 10:08

Chiara wrote:There are a few EBTs where I live. They are so cute, I love their eyes. There is a woman who goes to the beach and she has 4 of them. Mammy, Daddy and 2 of the kids! Big Grin

They are a gorgeous dog, no question. I'd love one myself some day. They are a serious price over here and very hard to come by. If the one in the rescue wasn't male I'd have considered it.

4 EBT's is bounda be a lot of work. I met a woman once who had 6 Rottweilers, Mum, Dad and 4 of the siblings. She had an accidental litter and didn't want them going to bad homes so the family took a few and she kept four!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Sun Feb 10 2013, 10:41

Shih Tzu's can be quite temperamental, my neighbours daughter bought one from a rescue and it was an absolute nightmare, and the girl ended up with eight stitches to her face, she persevered for another year and then she and the Rescue centre had the dog PTS. A sad case.
Panda
Panda
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by buddy boy Mon Feb 11 2013, 23:51

Hi
matt logan it is not always over breeding, it sometimes it is that it does not come up to par, and the breeder does not want it known Sad
buddy boy
buddy boy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 1 years
Dog Gender(s) : 2 dogs 1 bitch
Support total : 33

Back to top Go down