Want to rescue

5 posters

Go down

Want to rescue Empty Want to rescue

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14 2011, 16:55

after muchd eliberation with everyone in the house we have decided lemmy needs a play mate. Its not just he needs a playmate we want another dog and think that he would benefit from it and lets face it there are too many staffies in need of a good home. we have decided that this time we will rescue as there are too many to ignore really and not all have been abused. any ideas of where in the lee/bradford/wakefield/pontfract area. we are willing to travel within reason.

we have tried the RSPCA and the Dogs Trust but they say they have none in that can be rehomed with another dog. There is one Deedee a 2 year old bitch that we have enquired about in Macclesfield but will carry on looking.

Any ideas please let me know.

Thanks guys

Back to top Go down

Want to rescue Empty Re: Want to rescue

Post by Ruby&Me Fri Oct 14 2011, 17:20

AWWWWW congrats, hope you find the right paymate for Lemmy!! good job Cant wait to see pics.......keep us updated!! xxxx

From Me, Ruby and Beau xxx
Ruby&Me
Ruby&Me
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Want to rescue Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby and Beau
Dog Gender(s) : Girl and Boy <3
Support total : 9

https://www.facebook.com/CarlaMOFO

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Fri Oct 14 2011, 18:11

That is lovely i hope you find the one you want,Its nice to read post about people rescueing staffs as they are loads in need of a good home
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14 2011, 18:15

thats what we thought so need to fins one now. i have seen loads for devon and cambridge areas but none up this end of the country that will be rehomed with another dog

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Oct 14 2011, 18:29

There are loads here that you could rehome, not that thats much help!

The perfect partener will be available, have you any local shelters near you? We have the Guildford Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue (or something like that) that I didn't even know existed! Basically they haven't got kennals but there a bunch of volenteers who foster them at home, until they find them a forever home.

The perfect one will come along, maybe not overnight, but it will. Well done on rehoming Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Oct 14 2011, 19:14

Hi. This place is at Wakefield, which I think would not be too far away from you. Please click on the link below to take a look. Some can be homed with other dogs. Please take the time to have a look. Good luck

http://www.whitehalldogrescue.com/
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Fri Oct 14 2011, 22:38

Wow good on you hope it works out and you get a playmate for lemmy Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14 2011, 22:46

well as i said we had looked round the RSPCA and Dogs Trust and a few other rescue centres. we have been looking for about 2 weeks and i thought i would ask on here while we were searching but then i came across this young lady. her name is Lottie and she is about 18 months old. She is currently living with a foster lady. she was found as a stray and was on her final few days when the rescue stepped in and took her. she was very nervous to start with but once she settled in to the foster home she has come along brilliantly. she loves to play with other dogs and at the moment lives with a 1 year old mastiff male and they get along famously. i rang them up and explained about lemmy and how old he is and his temprement and they said it sounds as though they will get along just famously. fingers crossed they are right cos we have the home check next week then drive to preston (we're in leeds so its getting done backwars to save trips) take Lottie for a walk etc and see how she fits with us and hopefully bring her home. we will not take lemmy for that first visit because we have along drive back from preston so we will go to the park where matthew and gemma will be with lemmy and introduce them on neutral ground then we can all walk home together

Want to rescue Untitled-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down