FINALLY!!!!

+2
rebeccaleanne
DragonTheStaffie
6 posters

Go down

FINALLY!!!! Empty FINALLY!!!!

Post by DragonTheStaffie Fri Feb 01 2013, 11:57

Well I didn't mention this before but for the past 2 weeks I have been at my mums because my girlfriend and her mum were minding some lady's dogs at her house and I couldn't stay there because of Dragon.

Dragon has lost some weight because he's not been eating that much (hardly anything) mostly because of my mum as she gives him the left overs and what not, I've told her a million times to not give him it and if she wants to to at least wait for him to finish eating his dog food, she doesn't listen to what I say and she thinks she's always right if I kept going on about it she'd end up getting in a very bad mood and it would cause in a big argument, and since we had a big one on the second day I was here which resulted very bad for me, I decided to let her do whatever she wants as long as she doesn't give him bones or anything that makes him ill.

Today is finally the day I go back to be living with my girlfriend and getting Dragon back on his normal weight! Now the little bugger as to get used to not eating our food and eating his food. Laughing
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Dragon
Dog(s) Ages : DOB - 25-12-2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 90

Back to top Go down

FINALLY!!!! Empty Re: FINALLY!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:01

I know what you mean.. All my girlfriends family try giving Ramsey scraps all the time and it drives me mad.
They think because there jack russel lives off left overs that its ok for Ramsey too but I don't want him eating that and they cant seem to understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:03

It isn't easy, is it? Even my oh & son slip Dempsey things he shouldn't have!

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:06

Yes it really annoying, specially when it's your mum doing it and you have to stay there for 2 weeks, instead of him eating his dog food he waits for my mum to give him our food, so he ends up not eating his dog food, every so now and often he eats a bit but not much, which is a waste of money as every morning I have to throw his food away because it's all hard and he wont eat it like that.

But there's nothing I can do because if I tell her to stop, she'll take it the wrong way and get in a funny mood with me which will cause an argument and when it comes to my dog I lose my temper very quickly and I'd end shouting and stuff and she's pregnant, which would make me look bad I guess so I just left her to do what she wants but today is finally the day I go back so hopefully he'll be back to his normal weight soon (he's lost quite a bit of weight he was at 16kg i'd say he's at 13kgs now).
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:07

Grandparents Rolling Eyes I often find Steff out in the lounge sharing Poppy's cake and biscuits Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:08

Caryll at my girlfriends house we do give him some of our food, not much though and only if he's ate all his dinner, but my mum gives him a lot of food which isn't good and not easy to deal with since she's my mum and to make it worse she has a short temperament and she's pregnant.
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:34

we have banned all scraps and left overs with tyke, but my mother in law is the worst of all she constantley thinks we are starving him......does tyke looked starved to you haha?! we once caught her in the kitchen with ryan and tyke and a bag off cut ham............they were like schoool kids and tyke was sat there thinking he was the king!!!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Fri Feb 01 2013, 12:36

Laughing I guess everyone has this problems lol but 2 weeks of him only eating human food is enough now! He's lost quite a bit of weight which I'm not happy about so hopefully when he goes back he'll start eating is food Smile
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Fri Feb 01 2013, 14:06

Must admit we occasionally give Bacchus table scraps, but mixed in with and substituted for his normal ration of kibble.
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Feb 01 2013, 14:41

I'm sure Dragon will get back into the routine of eating his own food again, he wouldn't let himself starve. Just put the food down for him if he doesn't eat it within ten minutes just take the bowl away. Dont give any treats or biscuits until he has eaten his food.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Fri Feb 01 2013, 14:43

You're 17 and live w/ your girlfriend? I really had a crap adolescence.
Mani
Mani
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
FINALLY!!!! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mani
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male - neutered
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 14:46

My old girl ate everything. I did promise myself that with Kenny it wouldnt happen, but yes, Kenny gets a sunday roast and some raw meat and veg, along side his own food. And not forgetting, Apple pie and custard. I do think that if its in modaration it's fine. It didnt do my old girl any harm. She lived until she was 16.

On the other hand, my mother inlaw is the worsed. Caught her given him Welsh cakes angry , which is really stupid because of the raisons, also caught her giving toffee, which toke Kenny quite sometime to get out of his teeth. If i tell her that raisions are toxic, she says im talking crap Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 14:47

Laughing
Mani wrote:You're 17 and live w/ your girlfriend? I really had a crap adolescence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 14:48

Dragon, does he eat dried food? Kenny gets a little picky sometimes, so i started leaving it down. He soon ate it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Fri Feb 01 2013, 14:59

kenny d wrote:My old girl ate everything. I did promise myself that with Kenny it wouldnt happen, but yes, Kenny gets a sunday roast and some raw meat and veg, along side his own food. And not forgetting, Apple pie and custard. I do think that if its in modaration it's fine. It didnt do my old girl any harm. She lived until she was 16.

On the other hand, my mother inlaw is the worsed. Caught her given him Welsh cakes angry , which is really stupid because of the raisons, also caught her giving toffee, which toke Kenny quite sometime to get out of his teeth. If i tell her that raisions are toxic, she says im talking crap Surprised

haha!! this is why tyke has had to stop he more like a tank.................my mother in law has never owned a dog but she thinks we starve him haha
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 15:37

What is it with Mother inlaws and our dog's. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonTheStaffie Fri Feb 01 2013, 17:01

Mani wrote:You're 17 and live w/ your girlfriend? I really had a crap adolescence.
Yes I live with my girlfriend and her mother, because my family can be quite a pain plus there's a lot of people at my mums house since we have a big family, so there's always kids shouting, my mom telling them off and Dragon gets scared sometimes and use to wee. One day my mom had enough for some reason and told me to either give the dog away or sell him, but since I loved that dog I left the house and went to my girlfriends house to see if her mom would be able to let us stay there, she also loved Dragon so she said it would be fine as long as we cleaned up after him and what not. Since then Dragon has never weed inside the house or anything like that and started putting on weight then, that's the reason I live there although I use to be there most of the time before anyway... Laughing
DragonTheStaffie
DragonTheStaffie

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Fri Feb 01 2013, 17:08

That's why Debo was off f4ds. My father inlaw thought he knows better about what we should feed Debo. And after Debo was sick for about 3weeks he lost like 2kg, we could see his spine. When he got better my OH thought he has speed up his recovery and staffed with every treat we had in the house-just to make Debo feel better. And of course Debo was sick. But that didn't teach anything my OH. He still thinks Debn is skinny (17,5kg) and gives him some of his nice food of his plate. Grrr...
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:38

We live Loki scraps, but not very often, just as a surprise added bonus to his meals. It's annoying, I know what you mean. My dad in particular always thinks he's right. ALWAYS. I mean, he literally won't believe what a vet or a behaviourist says if it goes against what he believes. I don't even try anymore Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down