Ive finally done it ..................

3 posters

Go down

Ive finally done it .................. Empty Ive finally done it ..................

Post by bella3712 Sat Feb 16 2013, 17:05

Hi guys sorry I haven't been on here lately things have been mad. I bought Bella a crate today ,have pt all her toys in there a cushion and covered all the side I introduced her to it by leaving the door open, and throwing a treat at a time in there string cheese which she loves told her she was a good girl and when she did go in there for the first time i shut the door but didnt lock it,Ive done that all afternoon and finally I shut the door and let her stay in it for 10 mins but she started crying so 5 mins l8er I let her out but not until I told her she could, am I doing it ok cos shes asleep on the floor now Laughing advise would be more than welcome
bella3712
bella3712
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : 6 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Ive finally done it .................. Empty Re: Ive finally done it ..................

Post by Guest Sat Feb 16 2013, 17:34

Don't shut the door until she's comfortable being in there. Sounds like you're doing it right, but maybe you have to take it a bit slower with how long the door is shut for. She'll just need a bit of time to get used to it and see it has her safe place. Cover it with a sheet or something, so that three sides of the cage are covered, I think it's meant to make it feel more secure and safe for them. I don't do it because Loki manages to pull the sheet into his cage Laughing but works for others.

Back to top Go down

Ive finally done it .................. Empty Re: Ive finally done it ..................

Post by Bloomooner Sat Feb 16 2013, 23:07

Tommy loves his crate, he's been in there since the day he came home so he knows nothing else. For the first 2 nights I slept downstairs next to the crate, just so he knew he was safe. Throw in some of the fleeces that they can't destroy. I also used to wrap at hot water bottle in one and leave it in with him, within a week he would go in his crate at about 11pm as I was putting the kettle on to fill his water bottle Big Grin .
He now goes in his crate at night time without being told and he doesn't surface until 7.30am.
If your puppy cannot yet go through the night it will be a good idea to separate the crate with a small toilet area. Puppies will tend not to mess where they sleep. I have attached a photo of Tommy's crate, I used to put a training pad in the front part so he could do his business if he got desperate.

Ive finally done it .................. Image_zps9f692dff
Bloomooner
Bloomooner

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tommy
Dog(s) Ages : 20th October 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:21

Just leave the door open so Bella can come and go as she pleases, being shut in there will make her feel that she is being punished and scared and will not want to go in of her own accord.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17 2013, 12:51

leave the door open and throw a treat or a toy in now and again and she will get used to it and look forward to going in Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down