Great recall and listening on our walk this morning!!

4 posters

Go down

Great recall and listening on our walk this morning!! Empty Great recall and listening on our walk this morning!!

Post by rebeccaleanne Tue Jan 22 2013, 10:23

Well, i have always had a small problem with tyke listening to me when he is out and about to which i have guiltily shied away from thumbs down

so last few months i have taken this in hand and given myself a kick up the back side! so this morning i thought we would play some games in the snow to see how much he listens to me and he is very easily distracted with smells etc. So off we pop with his bright red rubber ring and some treats. Alll we did was i would throw the ring in front of me and as the snow is pretty deep as soon as he ran for it at speed he would bury even further and then i would ask him to seek the toy and each time he would get distracted i would bring him back to the job in hand. After each time he was rewarded, and walar after several goes he had got this down to a tee!! as for the recall, every so often i would call back or tell him to stop and he would!! So am very proud of the big lad this morning. He walked like a dream on the lead as with it starting to ice am like bambi!

to top this off, we came across a small husky breed (cant think what breed is of top of my head) she was the same size as tyke. So the the owner and the dog stop to say hello tyke went over and starts the sniffing and the other dog snapped and went to go for him and tyke like a true gent stood back when i told him looked and went to find his toy, he wasn't in the least bit bothered!! thumbs up
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Great recall and listening on our walk this morning!! Empty Re: Great recall and listening on our walk this morning!!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 10:49

Well done to you both thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Great recall and listening on our walk this morning!! Empty Re: Great recall and listening on our walk this morning!!

Post by Mark Tue Jan 22 2013, 11:11

Great news Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 13:15

Sounds like great progress, glad you had a good and productive walk Big Grin and well done to you and Tyke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 22 2013, 14:22

Sounds like you are really making progress there, well done both of you.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 21:28

Well done Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 22 2013, 22:29

Well done good job

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 22 2013, 23:35

Always nice to hear about progress, nice one Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down