Attention seeking...

Go down

Attention seeking... Empty Attention seeking...

Post by fiona Fri Jan 18 2013, 23:46

My girl is 1 year old and the way she is behaving is terrible at times. When she wants to go outside she barks in my face constantly and wont stop. this isnt just a I need out thing this is jumping at my face and barking to get my full attention. Also she shakes, she lies beside me and starts to shake and even has faked a sore paw for attention. She never hurt her paw because she was in her bed sleeping. This has happened twice.
I never leave her alone she is with me always and she gets walked 3 - 4 times a day. I have a 10 yr old Jack russel and I have even started taking them out seperatley as well.
I looked this behaviour up and it said to ignore her totally when she barks like that and I do but that doesnt seem to help. Il persevere with it. When she shakes she comes up beside me and knows she will get cuddles and consoled and it works she stops but I guess thats not the best thing to do.
Does anyone have any advice for me to try? Also I said before on her lead she is a nightmare and trying to get a harness on her is a nightmare she shakes uncontrollably there too.
he has toys and gets more than enough attention but still she does this. Crying or Very sad
fiona
fiona
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Kayla
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year 1 month
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Attention seeking... Empty Re: Attention seeking...

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19 2013, 07:48

He does seem to be seeking attention. By giving it to him when he acts out you reinforce that this behaviour results in getting attention. It's the same reason they whine as pups or with seperation anxiety. The best route is to ignore it until he stops and than give him attention.

I assume that he is a puller? If so you could try this harness. It's very easy to put on and has worked wonders with Suki

http://www.softouchconcepts.com/index.php/product-53/sense-ible-harness

Back to top Go down