Kathy
janey
Mark
harlou
11 posters

Go down

Are staffys stolen Empty Are staffys stolen

Post by harlou Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:27

Just read the article, How to spot a stolen dog, are staffys stolen ?
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Are staffys stolen Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Are staffys stolen Empty Re: Are staffys stolen

Post by Mark Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:29

yes on a regular basis. They are stolen in this area where i live as a good breed can be mated and money is made. Or people take a liking to your dog and nab them. We never leave Miley outside a shop or anywhere else. Also we dont advertise the fact we have a staffy. Smile
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 17:49

I'm constantly being told people want to steal my dog and people offer me all sorts of money for him when I'm walking with him.. Where I live chavs want them bad. I can't leave him outside a shop or anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:00

Yes they are, bait dogs/breeding/money. I have been offered money for Moo, think its more about her colour. Sad but it does happen Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:11

janey wrote:

Yes they are, bait dogs/breeding/money. I have been offered money for Moo, think its more about her colour. Sad but it does happen Xx
where in Surrey are you from? If you don't mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:34

harlou wrote:Just read the article, How to spot a stolen dog, are staffys stolen ?

you have been very lucky if you havent been asked the dodgy questions when you have been going around shields like would you sell him or would you breed from him or getting people watching you when walking either that or your not suspicious enough of others lol.
you really need to be on your guard as there are some serious dog nappers in the area and its normal staffies, bull terriers, and sharpeis they go for

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 18:45

Someone came up to me when Lily was little and was tickling her tummy and looking at her teeth asking if she was part Pitbull. It scared me as I thought he was noting her name tag and was gonna note the address and come around and pinch her. I said she was neutered as I couldn't part with any pups and hoped that did the trick! I was petrified she was gonna be stolen. My bloke said I was over reacting but you never know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 19:40

A lot of people mistake mine for a pitbull which is silly if you know your staffs.. I carry a photo of his registration to shut people up now lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 20:00

yes they are. lexi was stolen from me but i very fortunately got her back, broke my heart it did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 20:01

Moved this to chat, didn't really need to be in behaviour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Dec 16 2012, 20:14

Sadly yes, the Staffy is very high on the list of stolen dogs by the undesirables, Crying or Very sad
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 21:23

This is very worrying. I have read recently in my local paper of a dog being stolen from his garden, and then a ransom being demanded - they wanted £500 which the owners paid.

My garden is pretty secure now, dog-wise, but IF someone was determined they could get in, and my Kuch is so friendly he will go to anyone.

I would be utterly distraught if anyone stole him from me - he is micro-chipped but a dog-napper is not likely to take him to the vet is he.

Guess we cannot take our eyes off our dogs for one minute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 21:27

Hayley wrote:yes they are. lexi was stolen from me but i very fortunately got her back, broke my heart it did.

Surprised broke your heart you got her back hayley im so disapointed in you hypnotised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 21:37

I've had people ask if they can buy Bella, if I will give her to them (seriously?!?!) and if I will breed her. I stupidly left the dogs tied outside a corner shop for 2 mins and when I came out there was a girl fussing them saying to her friend, you take the big one I'll get the wee one. They were probably joking but it showed me how easily they could be taken.

Back to top Go down

Post by agriff Sun Dec 16 2012, 21:41

Always being asked to breed my little girl ice from young idiot who just want to breed because she,s a blue I always say no she,s been spayed with a bit of attitude little .()£&s
agriff
agriff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : ice & blue ( basil)
Dog Gender(s) : bitch & male
Support total : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Dec 16 2012, 21:55

janey wrote:

Same, have been told i must breed my two and they would give a deposit... Too late i had his clangers off and now laska had her season shes being done in three months. I aint bringing no more dogs into this world plus id end up keeping the lot of em lol.
Id never leave either of them unattended, even then a female ftiend of mine was approached by two guys in middle of town last year and they tried to unclip lead while fussing the dog.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Sun Dec 16 2012, 22:08

I used to leave my Collie outside the shop, never had a worry, he'd stand there and ignore everyone, and everyone ignored him, but there is not a chance in hell that I would leave him or Rolo now. The world has changed. I feel very uncomfortable at times when people show interest in Rolo, they ask about how strong he is? Where i walk him? I don't have any details on his disk other than phone numbers, he is chipped and council registered. A few times I've seen people drive past looking at him, then a few minutes later they come back round again... most times you think maybe they're lost, but then part of you says No..... We've had a few reports of people out with their dogs over the last few years, they get knocked to the ground, the dog is grabbed and thrown in a van... not seen again. Last few have been Spaniels. It's sad, but all dogs these days are at risk, whether its for ransom money or breeding or horrific intentions.
kelpie
kelpie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 22:09

yes alot of dogs go 'missing' around here and there is rumoured to be a dog fighting ring, and i've been offered money for both boys to use them in fighting Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 22:30

OMG.

This is terrible.

So far thank God I have nothing but genuine afection for my boy - hopefully it's different here "down Sarf".

Ella, what on earth do you say to those people who want to use your boys for fighting? I would go mental.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 22:37

I tell them not so politely to * off!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 23:03

One person actually laughed saying that his pitbulls would kill my staff, so I literally just said yeah I'll kill you and your pitbulls. Really gets my back up when people look at them as fighting dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 23:08

bigwazza wrote:
Hayley wrote:yes they are. lexi was stolen from me but i very fortunately got her back, broke my heart it did.

Surprised broke your heart you got her back hayley im so disapointed in you hypnotised

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 23:35

All kinds of dogs get stolen for one reason or another, but I guess Staffs are generally stolen as part of the fighting side of things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 23:41

Well that's a comfort at least - one glance at my Kuch would show that he is NOT a fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16 2012, 23:44

The ones that DON'T fight are the worse off ones unfortunately! If I was going to have a dog stolen for fighting is much rather it do a good job. More likely to stay alive = more chance to be found. The alternative is very grim..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 00:00

I think the non-fighting ones are used for the other dogs to attack to practice on, no? So that in itself is...horrible. It's all just horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 00:15

Sorry Hayley - I'm old and dense and can't quite understand what you are saying.

Is it that because my dog is a wonderfully friendly little person to all humans and dogs, he will STILL be an attraction to dog-fighting people who just want to see a dog destroyed? Surely a chihuahua or a toy poodle would serve their purposes better in that case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 00:21

Just read Tara's post - no dog is safe then from these horrible people.

What IS the world coming to.

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Mon Dec 17 2012, 10:59

I wish id never asked ,i allways thought people were just being nice when they asked about Olly. He would not even defend himself he just runs back to us if a dog has a go at him ,the thought of some ********** putting him up to fight is too horibble to think of.
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mac82 Mon Dec 17 2012, 11:27

ive had a few chavs stroke spike and say. "hes a big lad, any pit in him?" think if anyone was to try any steal him it would have to be while im out walking him as hes sooo friendly to people when we are out, but he shows very bad human aggression while in the front yard, no idea why, but you could loose your hand if you try and get in Surprised does mean we get less "junk mail" tho lol
mac82
mac82
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Spike
Dog(s) Ages : 11 jan 20112
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 11:28

new Staffy owner wrote:Sorry Hayley - I'm old and dense and can't quite understand what you are saying.

Is it that because my dog is a wonderfully friendly little person to all humans and dogs, he will STILL be an attraction to dog-fighting people who just want to see a dog destroyed? Surely a chihuahua or a toy poodle would serve their purposes better in that case.

Sad saddly not as they would be no sport at all for a fighting dog Crying or Very sad but a friendly staffie still got a chance of putting up a little bit fight Sad Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 11:36

new Staffy owner wrote:Sorry Hayley - I'm old and dense and can't quite understand what you are saying.

Where would be the fun in a staff ripping apart a chihuahua? They need to practice on their own kind so they know what their job is. If that dog doesn't fight back then the good fighting dog won't get injured practicing its deadly skills.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Mon Dec 17 2012, 14:47

A good bait dog would be one that's also a bit aggressive and not too docile. To avoid risk to the 'fighter', the bait dog would be muzzled not to fight back. Sincerely, this world would be a better place without humans (although wolves would never have become dogs w/out humans).
Mani
Mani

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mani
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male - neutered
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Mon Dec 17 2012, 16:57

I dont understand what pleasure anyone could get out of watching any annimals tear each other apart ,I wonder what their children are like ,thats if they are capable of reproducing.
harlou
harlou

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 20:21

Unfortunately they reproduce all too often! And the kids don't turn out much better than the parents!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 20:30

Too true Hayley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 20:41

very true!

Back to top Go down

Post by LynneAJ Mon Dec 17 2012, 23:17

Read this post last night and scarily i had an experience this evening walking the pup which relates.

Was out with Poppy for her evening walk, just around a few streets near mine....a car pulls out of a junction further up the road from me and suddenly drew in behind another car facing the same direction i was walkin....it sat there with ignition on until i passed, as i did so the two men in the car were having a good look at the pup. I kept walking and as i came to the little side road i should of went doon they drew back into main road and slowly drove past all the while staring at pup again.....i pretended i was going to keep walking along the main street as side street i shoulda went down is quite a wee secluded street.....next thing i knew i seen them turning into a side street further up which i know fine well is a dead end....just had a funny feeling they were gonna turn back so i quickly got pup and ran all the way back home. maybe seems a bit OTT but gut instinct told me summit was up.

Sorry for the essay lol! Just got a fright if i'm honest! Straight Face
LynneAJ
LynneAJ
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy
Dog(s) Ages : 10/9/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 17 2012, 23:19

unfortunately there are some people who do 'patrol' round looking at the dogs about Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18 2012, 00:03

LynneAJ wrote:Read this post last night and scarily i had an experience this evening walking the pup which relates.

Was out with Poppy for her evening walk, just around a few streets near mine....a car pulls out of a junction further up the road from me and suddenly drew in behind another car facing the same direction i was walkin....it sat there with ignition on until i passed, as i did so the two men in the car were having a good look at the pup. I kept walking and as i came to the little side road i should of went doon they drew back into main road and slowly drove past all the while staring at pup again.....i pretended i was going to keep walking along the main street as side street i shoulda went down is quite a wee secluded street.....next thing i knew i seen them turning into a side street further up which i know fine well is a dead end....just had a funny feeling they were gonna turn back so i quickly got pup and ran all the way back home. maybe seems a bit OTT but gut instinct told me summit was up.

Dosen't sound OTT to me at all I would have done the same thing Sad You must have been terrified Sad

We have a lot of Staffs stolen in Aus to be bait dogs in the pit Crying or Very sad It's disgusting these poor excuses for humans need to be strung up angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18 2012, 00:06

ella wrote:unfortunately there are some people who do 'patrol' round looking at the dogs about Sad

Yeah I always try to pay attention to any cars that around on my walks and I always walk different routes, and lots of different places, if you walk the same place everyday it's easier for these sickos to plan their abduction.. And always keep look out when arriving home that you haven't been followed or being watched..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18 2012, 06:07

LynneAJ wrote:Read this post last night and scarily i had an experience this evening walking the pup which relates.

That would've scared me, stay careful Smile. Never had anything like this happen to me and hope I never do. People like that you just can't understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silva Tue Dec 18 2012, 11:09

I have never seen a blue staffy in my area. I now have one and a strong looking one at that. I have had cars come to a stop, genuine admirers though... Untill today. A guy stopped me in my complex and asked all the wrong questions.
I have found genuine admirers will mostly comment maybe ask 1 or 2 general questions, susso's will only ask questions, and if they do comment its purely about size and toughness.
the only ever leave him alone inside. We never leave him out.
Lucky for Silva he has alot of not so friendly people that love him and i would feel sorry for anyone who tried to steal him.. It still worries me though enough to consider cameras.
Silva
Silva
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Silva
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Silva Tue Dec 18 2012, 11:17

https://youtu.be/g2vtmAwcCn8

if you havent seen this video, check it out.. Very graphic, but just shows the brutality of this kind of so called 'sport'..
DISGUSTING EXCUSE FOR HUMAN BEINGS!!!
Silva
Silva

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Silva
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down