athena's mom
Andy
Kathy
JT's bitch
Sazzle
marlee staff
10 posters

Go down

what do you think about staffys being stolen for dog fights Empty what do you think about staffys being stolen for dog fights

Post by marlee staff Sat Aug 31 2013, 12:36

hi, i live in Victoria,Australia and where i am living people are going around stealing poeples pets staffys to use for dog pit fighting.it feels like you cant even leave your dog outside at all if you are not home.Aparentley they go around calling out to the dogs and then take them.They even had it on the news it was filmed at the owners home they jumped the fence picked the dog up and took it over the fence and never to be seen again.its a joke,to feel like you cant leave your dog alone.this is a recent activity.do you hear about this happening near you?
marlee staff
marlee staff
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : marlee
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

what do you think about staffys being stolen for dog fights Empty Re: what do you think about staffys being stolen for dog fights

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31 2013, 12:42

It's been happening in the UK for years. The dogs aren't usually stolen for fighting exactly, but as bait dogs to train the fighters.Sad  It absolutely disgusting!

marlee staff wrote:its a joke,to feel like you cant leave your dog alone.
I have never left any of my dogs alone in a garden. It's just too risky!

Back to top Go down

what do you think about staffys being stolen for dog fights Empty Re: what do you think about staffys being stolen for dog fights

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31 2013, 12:45

Darcy is never left unattended in our garden, we supervise her all the time Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31 2013, 12:49

Same here Vinnie is always within my sight Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by marlee staff Sat Aug 31 2013, 12:52

yes i believe that is the case the dogs being used for bait,its sad to think what is happening to the poor pets that belong to a family that see them as there child,or family member,its a risk .im glad mines a inside dog but i worry just when shes out doing her business out in the dark.
marlee staff
marlee staff

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : marlee
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : bitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31 2013, 14:13

I watch mine all the time and would never leave them tied up outside a shop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31 2013, 14:43

Same here. We have an extremely secure garden - 5/6 foot fences all around, two huge black gates with locks on either side of the strip outside our house, two blue wooden gates separating the garden and garage from outside, a smaller wooden gate on the garden path to keep Dempsey from messing about where we can't see him, and our double-lock house door. He's still always supervised in the garden though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31 2013, 15:08

Chiara wrote:I watch mine all the time and would never leave them tied up outside a shop
I did used to tie them up outside the shop or petrol station whilst they were still in my view ( just the small local shop ) but now we use the softex leads and Tommy will eat it the moment we aren't watching then even that is a step way too far

As fars as the garden is concerned they aren't supervised as such most times as there are gardens on all sides of our house at the back and the only way into our garden without climbing loads of fences is through 1 gate at the front which is bolted from the inside.

But at the same time I wouldn't leave the house for any period of time short or long with the dogs outside , it's a real shame as when the weathers nice its obviously far better for them to be pootling about the garden instead of being locked up in the house but its just a risk too great to take

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31 2013, 15:28

Yer sheffield apparently has a rather large dog fighting ring - how true it is i don't know.

Having said that i never leave my boys unattended in the garden anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sat Aug 31 2013, 22:21

ella wrote:Yer sheffield apparently has a rather large dog fighting ring - how true it is i don't know.

Sad 

My garden is very secure and I never leave Daisy outside a shop or anything
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by JT's bitch Mon Sep 02 2013, 17:22

many years ago my 1st staffy was stolen from outside my local shop, fortunately the guy who took her was seen taking her and was known by the witness and I got her back and he got what he deserved whistling 

JT's bitch

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : JT
Dog(s) Ages : 7 yrs 6 mths
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 17:29

Sazzle wrote:
ella wrote:Yer sheffield apparently has a rather large dog fighting ring - how true it is i don't know.

Sad 

My garden is very secure and I never leave Daisy outside a shop or anything
Mine is secure but not 100% so i always watch them in the garden, as we have had people try to get into the garden, and randomly walk down our jitty before it's quite common around here Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by JT's bitch Mon Sep 02 2013, 17:34

I was lucky and once bitten twice shy so to speak and would never leave JT unattended, she's my baby and you just wouldn't leave a child on there own.

JT's bitch

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : JT
Dog(s) Ages : 7 yrs 6 mths

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 17:40

Couldn't agree more! Smile You never know what kind of creeps are going to be hanging around.

They do often target shops as well, as they know there'll be somebody who'll leave a dog tied up outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Sep 02 2013, 20:18

I would never leave Rocky alone out of my sight at all anywhere anyway not even in the garden for a second, my area is not the greatest and I wouldn't put anything past our neighbours. Even when I go to the loo i make sure the back door is closed and locked and all windows are closed and locked.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Sep 02 2013, 20:28

Was just reading this thread while Max was out in the garden cooling off after 40mins with the flirt pole, and heard him bark!! ..... you've never seen someone move so fast Laughing  ... he's lay at my feet now safe and sound Love Struck 
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by athena's mom Tue Sep 03 2013, 07:13

We had a gorgeous boy who was stolen Sad 
Now I am so cautious the house next door to me does short term leasing so we never know what type of person is living there so I am always watching my girlie

athena's mom

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Athena
Dog(s) Ages : 3yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pud Thu Jan 02 2014, 09:24

marlee staff wrote:yes i believe that is the case the dogs being used for bait,its sad to think what is happening to the poor pets that belong to a family that see them as there child,or family member,its a risk .im glad mines a inside dog but i worry just when shes out doing her business out in the dark.

I dont know where abouts in Melbourne you live, but I live on the mornington peninsula and about 6 months ago there were a lot of reports of dogs being stolen. Was very scary at the time, I never wanted to let coco out and was very aware of leaving her at home by herself.
Pud
Pud
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by polly and jed Thu Jan 02 2014, 11:49

Thats so terrible, i would be distraught if someone stole my dog, luckily i havent heard of it happening here, i live in a rural area, but i am very security conscious  Big Grin 
polly and jed
polly and jed

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : jed
Dog(s) Ages : 10/10/2013
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp Mon Mar 17 2014, 21:34

would never leave my dogs outside shops in car alone or anywhere actually! chester gets looked at all the time as hes big doesnt like other dogs and is extremely handsome! we had him castrated for a few reasons one being that hes less desirable to scumbag dog nappers that would use and abuse him. my garden is secure and any idiot that thought it would be a good idea to come in my garden would get a shock chester is staffyx american bulldog and very protective of his home!!
willowthewisp
willowthewisp
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
what do you think about staffys being stolen for dog fights Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : willow and chester
Dog(s) Ages : willow 3 years chester 2
Dog Gender(s) : willow female chester male
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Rupertsbooks Sat Jun 14 2014, 10:41

JT - who was the person who stole your dog?
Rupertsbooks
Rupertsbooks

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rupert
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down