me and sash are taking this personally

5 posters

Go down

me and sash are taking this personally Empty me and sash are taking this personally

Post by stella Wed Dec 05 2012, 08:11

since sash got attacked a couple of weeks ago it seems the world and all its dogs are out to have a pop at her Crying or Very sad ,every time we met another dog out on our walks(even on lead)they seem to growl,bark or lunge at her,we have had it from little terriers to big dogs and this morning another staff.she always walked with confidence,now when she see's another dog she has to keep turning round to check where it is and to tell the truth its really spoilling our walks,im watching her body language to see if see is sending off any signals but cant see she is,so is it just we are meeting stupid dogs or am i missing some thing with her,feels like i need eyes in the back of my head when we're out Sad
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

me and sash are taking this personally Empty Re: me and sash are taking this personally

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 08:16

Ohh poor Sash >Big Grin<

Since her being attacked she may be using different bady language due to her fear,. Also are you calm walking her or are you nervous too? Perhaps she is picking up on your fear that it my happen again?

Last edited by Kat75 on Wed Dec 05 2012, 08:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oopsed on names lol)

Back to top Go down

me and sash are taking this personally Empty Re: me and sash are taking this personally

Post by Mark Wed Dec 05 2012, 08:17

I'm sure it will pass. Every dog can't be out to get her. Could you change your walking route. Maybe then could avoid some of the regulars. I wouldn't worry though Smile
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 09:21

I'd say that either her body language is subtly different (dogs can sense so much more than we can!) or your attitude is different & she's picking up on it.

Does she do it when anybody else is walking her?

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Dec 05 2012, 09:25

Bless her, I agree its a confidence thing, does she have any dogs that she does play with, maybe keep her mind off things and get her back to herself Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:29

She will be a little nervous after her fright but you probably are too and she will sense this. Her body language dog wise may have changed. You could try the 'watch me' command like Victoria Stillwell does when a dog passes so she is focusing on you rather than the dog. I am trying this with Lola as she has been attacked a couple of times however she is now DA. When I see a dog approach I am trying the watch me command. Its early days yet with Lola but I am persevering. Poor Sash I feel for her >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:47

We are going through the exact same thing with Rocky right now, when every dog approaches us he goes very nervous and does the crouching down thing. We are trying to reassure him the dog is friendly and we get him to sit down so the dog can come and say hello.

Rocky was attacked earlier this year and he hasn't forgot it. This attack was by another Staffy which was off lead and just turned on Rocky for no apparent reason. This is a dog that he has been OK with too and they have played together.

We have been trying the watch me which he seems to do anyway as another dog approaches.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 13:56

Aaawww, poor Sasha, and poor you. Must make the walks really difficult. She's probably just a bit nervous after what's happened, that and a combination of meeting the wrong dogs, perhaps. If you have a calm dog you can get her to meet, then maybe it'll help her feel more at ease.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05 2012, 22:20

poor sash , hope she gets her confidence back soon >Big Grin< >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Thu Dec 06 2012, 10:33

Poor Sash, love to you both. Dogs do pick up on your feelings too. Hope you both get it sorted soon.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down