calming the dog!

3 posters

Go down

calming the dog! Empty calming the dog!

Post by dbatey88 Sat Dec 01 2012, 20:36

Steve is becoming a small furry nightmare!

when my dad lets him out of his crate in the morning he goes mental, wants to go out, so my dad lets him out, wants back in, so he lets him in, he jumps on the furnature, knocks people over, has a go at my chinchillas, tries to get up the stairs over the stairgate (funny as heck to watch but obviously not safe!) and then he'll crash after about 2 hours of running, jumping, chewing, climbing etc. and then it starts all over again when someone comes into the house (whether its my mum getting out of bed or my hubby getting back from his night shift) and then again in early evening.

i take him for 3 1hour walks a day, he goes in the garden every hour for a run around and then we play with his toys (or he eats them) throughout the day too.
he jumps at people's food too or if we have something that he wants he will bark and whine and then jump for it (he managed to get a breadroll off my dad's plate this morning)

he STILL hasnt been jabbed yet as he had a temperature when we took him to the vets, he's on antibiotics at the moment which are sending him a bit doolally.

ive tried to find some research on the internet about how to calm him down, i dont really want to be doing that whole get him to sit and give him a treat thing and he'll start to play up even more to get food! ive also read about those calming pills that can make him a bit more docile but i dont really want to be drugging my dog! any tips on how to either calm him down or try and confine him to floor level?!

dbatey88
dbatey88
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Steve & Shelley
Dog(s) Ages : feb 2012 & jul 2011
Dog Gender(s) : male & female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

calming the dog! Empty Re: calming the dog!

Post by Mark Sat Dec 01 2012, 20:42

what are you feeding him they can react to certain foods which can make them hyperactive. Some sort of training needs to be in place regarding your food. He needs to know not to steal off plates etc. Could be his tablets helping though.
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sat Dec 01 2012, 20:43

What do u feed him on ? X

Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by dbatey88 Sat Dec 01 2012, 20:47

he's on wagg mixer and real meat, mince, liver, chicken, tuna, etc its not the best mixer but its the only one he will eat! we even got him a sample pouch of that bob and lush stuff and he literally spat it out!

he's only started trying to steal off plates in the last week or so since he has been on his tablets, i think its a bit of dutch courage for him!
dbatey88
dbatey88

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Steve & Shelley
Dog(s) Ages : feb 2012 & jul 2011
Dog Gender(s) : male & female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down