coats, wind and rain

4 posters

Go down

coats, wind and rain Empty coats, wind and rain

Post by vonbon1 Tue Sep 14 2010, 22:26

Roxy does not like to go out in the rain or on windy days, the first windy day I took her out she spun around and bit her bum and growled, fair scared the life outa me I can tell you. thought there was something wrong with her.

after a few times of spinning and nipping her bum I realized what the problem was, bless her. when it's raining she jumps up at me all the time asking me to take her back home. she really doesn't like it. if I tell her no she stops after a while, I really don't think I should give in to her as she'll do it everytime it rains.

I was thinking about getting her a coat, am I just nuts or does anyone else have a coat for their dog?

vonbon1
vonbon1
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

coats, wind and rain Empty Re: coats, wind and rain

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 14:07

Cairo has a coat for the winter,she feels the cold alot.i have to force her to go outside to the toilet when its raining lol.You can see she is desperate to go,but she hates getting wet. The wind probably bothers Roxy,becuse it carries smells and sounds from far away to her,and dogs hearing and smell are very sensitive,so i bet its very confusing for them.Cairo often stands outside when its windy,sniffing the air very strongly,and looking puzzled.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Sep 15 2010, 14:11

Moo is the same, she hates the rain and I have to force her to go out to toilets, If I didn't she'd go indoors!!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Sep 15 2010, 14:11

my xena the same first sight of rain and she is trying to pull me back or pulling me to go home.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Sep 15 2010, 15:18

I bought her a jacket a couple of weeks ago and it has helped slightly, although I think she looks silly!! Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 16:12

My personal opinion on dogs in clothes is that unless there is a medical need for them eg) hairloss so need it to prevent sunburn/or to keep warm or you have a little pup or a old dog then in this counrty (england) there is absolutley no need what so ever for a coat etc....Just my opinion though! lol
x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15 2010, 22:52

Blue was always left in the garden by his previous owners and now I take him for walks for over 2 hours per day. I think he is so happy to be going out I don't think snow would stop him from wanting to go out.
In fact to be honest it's me holding onto the front door casing while he drags me out Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Wed Sep 15 2010, 22:55

Kaiser never use to go out in the rain but now as soon as the harness is on and the lead when that door opens he drags me out its more like hes taking me for a walk not the other way round bounce
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by vonbon1 Thu Sep 16 2010, 00:20

Thanks guys, when we were at the vets getting Roxy vaccinated they told us because her fur is so thin she will need a coat in the winter. Theirs are quite pricey and as I'm handy with a sewing machine I made her a coat. proper waterproof, fleece lined. turned out to small so her back end wasn't covered at all, so I've been out today and got more materials to make another. costs less than a quarter of the price of bought ones. and bless her she didn't look silly at all.

Thanks again for your help Smile
vonbon1
vonbon1

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 16 2010, 09:38

My staff, Bandit didn't mind rain & didn't mind wind, but the two together................

If it was raining AND windy, he'd just turn right round as soon as the door opened & wouldn't budge - it was like trying to move a tank! And if I got him out & over the hills & let him off the lead, he'd run all the way home without me!

We bought him a wax jacket for the winter cause we lived in Wales at the time & the winters are pretty cold, his fur was very short. He didn't mind it at all, and although it was a bit big for him (let's face it, staffords are not the same shape as other breeds!!!) he didn't look silly. My Bully Dempsey now has it, although it's a bit small for him it's ok. Dempsey also has two fleece 'hoody's' which he wears in winter just at night to keep him warm as his fur is also very short.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down