+3
micheled
Staffy lover
Keith
7 posters

Go down

Staffy puppies blinded by chemicals Empty Staffy puppies blinded by chemicals

Post by Keith Tue Nov 06 2012, 22:10

Couldn't read this myself - likely to end up raging at my computer screen. Crying or Very sad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2228683/How-Puppies-Maggie-Matilda-left-blinded-doused-chemicals-abandoned-park.html
Keith
Keith
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Staffy puppies blinded by chemicals Empty Re: Staffy puppies blinded by chemicals

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 22:15

Crying or Very sad angry Crying or Very sad angry

Back to top Go down

Staffy puppies blinded by chemicals Empty Re: Staffy puppies blinded by chemicals

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 22:31

I don't know what to say. Those POOR little puppies. Don't suppose the abuser will get caught, more's the pity.

AAArrrgghhh angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 06 2012, 23:52

banghead What is wrong with people?? How can someone do such a thing Surprised Oh no here come the tears Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Wed Nov 07 2012, 11:16

Dont mean to be harsh, but I think those puppies are better being pts. What kind of life have they got. Sad
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Wed Nov 07 2012, 13:06

No words, really.
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07 2012, 20:16

Good people will always try their best to help these unfortunates, but I've got to agree with Lynn. Poor poor babies, what life have they to look forward to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Wed Nov 07 2012, 20:20

Staffy lover wrote:Dont mean to be harsh, but I think those puppies are better being pts. What kind of life have they got. Sad

Couldn't disagree more.
Having seen some blind dogs be rehomed through rescues, they're having a decent life - they use the sense of smell and hearing to get around and enjoy interaction with humans and other dogs.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07 2012, 20:24

I couldn't really comment on what should happen but I really hope that Karma is real Crying or Very sad Really wish I hadn't clicked on the link as I should know better by now but that's going to haunt me for a while

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07 2012, 20:45

Dave wrote:I couldn't really comment on what should happen but I really hope that Karma is real Crying or Very sad

Couldn't agree more Dave.

Keith - Respect not worthy for all the work you do with dogs, but who out there will be willing or have the expertise to let these poor blinded pups having anything approaching a "decent" life. If they spend their poor blighted lives in kennels, however well-meaning, it's only a half-life isn't it. It's hard enough to find homes for all the abandonned healthy Staffs in rescue, what chance have these poor souls got. You have far more experience in this matter than I, and I am willing to be proved wrong, but at the moment I can't help feeling that these poor little things would be better off pts.

And I hope that whoever did this to them rots in hell.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Nov 07 2012, 22:14

Im sure 2 very special families will see these puppies plight and they will find 2 very special homes fingers and toes crossed praying
Id love to get my hands on the puppies abuser angry
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 07 2012, 22:26

I hope you're right Gem and that these pups WILL have a happy and fulfilled life.

I'll join you in tearing the abuser into tiny, tiny pieces. And THEN they can rot in hell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Wed Nov 07 2012, 22:33

new Staffy owner wrote:
Dave wrote:I couldn't really comment on what should happen but I really hope that Karma is real Crying or Very sad

Couldn't agree more Dave.

Keith - Respect not worthy for all the work you do with dogs, but who out there will be willing or have the expertise to let these poor blinded pups having anything approaching a "decent" life. If they spend their poor blighted lives in kennels, however well-meaning, it's only a half-life isn't it. It's hard enough to find homes for all the abandonned healthy Staffs in rescue, what chance have these poor souls got. You have far more experience in this matter than I, and I am willing to be proved wrong, but at the moment I can't help feeling that these poor little things would be better off pts.

And I hope that whoever did this to them rots in hell.

I guess how "much of a life" a dog enjoys at a rescue is dependent on the rescue. I can only speak for one rescue, at which I'd say they get much more than a half-life - particularly the long-termers with their large kennels, queues of volunteer walkers to take them out and interact with them on a daily basis, top notch grub and treats, etc.

But, that aside, I can tell you that many handicapped dogs have been successfully rehomed to loving, caring, understanding families who will and do go the extra mile. I could point you towards a deaf, almost blind puppy having a great life - it plays ball, enjoys walkies, loves cuddling up with its owner and other dogs, and is clearly happy.

Matching the dog and owner is vital in this scenario - and there are owners who will and do spend fortunes adapting their homes to suit handicaps, who think nothing of giving huge amounts of time over to these dogs.

So I, again, think PTS is one of the least viable options.

Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Nov 08 2012, 10:20

Poor little darlings Sad
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 17:47

Keith, I'm so glad that there are people who take on these severely handicapped dogs and make them happy. They are much stronger people than I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Thu Nov 08 2012, 20:15

This was shown on out local tv news here yesterday , my wife cried when she saw what these swines had done to these poor pups , they say what goes round come's round lets hope it does and quick mad
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by emmalouise_1982 Thu Nov 08 2012, 20:50

aww poor babies i dont know how people can be so cruel.. horrible Sad Sad Crying or Very sad
emmalouise_1982
emmalouise_1982
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : jess
Dog(s) Ages : 12 wks
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Sat Nov 10 2012, 13:08

Keith no disrespect to you, its good to know that there are decent people willing to take on those kind of dogs, and its got to be few and less that are willing to do it. Deaf dogs in my opinion have a better live than blind ones, dont jump down my throat, just my opinion thats all. I am deaf myself, to me sight is so important. Its true that other senses come into play when you lose one. I for one would get so upset just watching a blind dog bump into things etc.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down