My new Nikon camera got hurt on our recent trip to Bali and today.......

Go down

My new Nikon camera got hurt on our recent trip to Bali and today....... Empty My new Nikon camera got hurt on our recent trip to Bali and today.......

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03 2012, 13:43

I had it looked at and the "sensor" is damaged which will cost a lot to fix.......maybe even as much as a new camera body Surprised
(as per the camera shop man)........

The stupid travel insurance have said they won't likely cover it as I did not report the incident when it "got wrenched out of my hand and hit the table" frustrated

Hellooooo.........two staff from the bar saw the incident......it actually seemed ok at this point.......

"well you should have reported it to your hotel or where you were staying".......

reported what I ask..........? "my camera won't work now"................

I'm sure our Balinese housekeeper would have been able to document this in English ready for my travel claim......
what planet are you living on.......? at wits end

I know you report lost, missing or possible theft........but seriously.......... angry

Back to top Go down

My new Nikon camera got hurt on our recent trip to Bali and today....... Empty Re: My new Nikon camera got hurt on our recent trip to Bali and today.......

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03 2012, 13:44

what happened then did somebody try to steal it ??

Back to top Go down

My new Nikon camera got hurt on our recent trip to Bali and today....... Empty Re: My new Nikon camera got hurt on our recent trip to Bali and today.......

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03 2012, 13:52

Oh no Sad i hope you manage to get something done about it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03 2012, 14:10

Dave wrote:what happened then did somebody try to steal it ??

I'm beginning to think that would have been easier........ it wasnt me

I put the camera down on a table on the balcony when I went inside to view a room (didn't want the owner thinking I was taking "happy snaps").
When I picked it up (with both hands), the strap caught on the back of the chair and wrenched it out of my hands and the camera crashed into the chair leg before I lost control completely and it ended up on the wooden decking.
I actually tried taking a photo after this and thought it was ok..... doh

When I tried using it about an hour later back at our accommodation it would not work......... confused

The guy today suggested all sorts of scenarios to see if the insurance will review it.......but it will still cost $100 excess, $150 to get a quote to fix it before I even start........then if the insurance wont cover it, I'll be $150 out of pocket (at the moment with the house settlement just around the corner, I don't really need this).

Worse part was the camera shop guy today said I should have gone with the Sony A65 as I already had my two Minolta lenses and that would have been a better option financially for a novice DSLR user, rather than have bought a new Nikon camera with two new lenses at a much greater cost......... no talking

I hate the fact that a month after I bought it the prices dropped around $300-400........ I dont want to s

Just a bit frustrated

Last edited by lee on Sat Nov 03 2012, 14:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted a bit)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03 2012, 14:15

if you insured it it should get replaced, keep fighting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Nov 03 2012, 20:52

How long have you had the camera, is it still covered by the warranty, guarantee, as the strap failed Wink it should be covered by this. Is it a pro model camera Nikon D3200 or above would be pro level, I think

Sounds like something could have jammed inside as it seemed to be working OK immediately after the incident but not later.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03 2012, 22:54

Bad luck Lee , hope you get it sorted soon , want my doggie pics Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down