Debo's off his food :(

Go down

Debo's off his food :( Empty Debo's off his food :(

Post by jola139 Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:49

Hi all.
Everything was ok until Monday when I gave him calming tablets with his food ( we were going to Ireland ),he ate most of it. We traveled on Wendsday to Holyhead, fed him after the crossing in Dublin,he had few pieces and left most of it. We didin't worry then ,just thought that it stress. We stayed at my OH family that Debo met for the first time plus kids,it was chaos. We gave him food at normal time in the evening,again few pieces.In the meantime my OH dad gave him raw beef,we asked not to do it again. Thursday same story but he managed to steel the other dog's beef. Friday same again,Saturday morning he ate a bit more,we left Ireland at 1pm that day,arrived in Holyhead at 7pm ,tried to feed him,nothing. This morning I was awake by massive rumble in his tummy,I thought -good sight. But no.Same story. Don't know what to do. My first thought was stress of the journey( we stoped giving him calming tablets,it gave him soft poo),being left on the ferry for 3,5h in the car and then new place,people and kids,changed of routine. But now we back and I'm worried. I really don't want to change his food,because we finally found the one that doesn't uppset his tummy. What to do?
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Debo's off his food :( Empty Re: Debo's off his food :(

Post by jola139 Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:57

So now we mixed his food with a bit off wet JWB food. He ate it all. I think it was because the raw beef he was given by my OH dad Crying or Very sad .
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:25

Might've been the stress and he just needs a bit of time to adjust back to being home. That said, if he has a sensitive stomach, then maybe the beef along with all the changes could've been the reason? Just keep an eye on him and see how he is in general.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sun Oct 28 2012, 14:37

He's ok,he's very quiet today and fallow us everywhere. He sleeps most of the time but I think he's still tired.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 15:24

Sounds a really stressful time for him with the journey and everything I would give him some time to resettle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down