This might be the vodka talking but...

+3
janey
Kathy
PygmyParrot
7 posters

Go down

This might be the vodka talking but... Empty This might be the vodka talking but...

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:44

...wouldn't it be lovely if maybe sometime, at some point in the near or far future we adopted another staffie?

Big Grin

Oh dear...this is how it starts! seriously though I daren't keep looking on the rescue sites, I'm not sure oh would agree right now and obviously it's no rash decision but I can see the pros for Dexter, if we got a spayed female companion maybe he would love that, or maybe he would hate it as he's loving the solo attention. Hmm. Things to think about.
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

This might be the vodka talking but... Empty Re: This might be the vodka talking but...

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:46

staffies were born to go in pairs if you have the time and the money Big Grin

Back to top Go down

This might be the vodka talking but... Empty Re: This might be the vodka talking but...

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:48

I'm just as bad, I keep looking on the Woodgreen website, that's where Rocky came from. Would love another but not possible right now, sometime in the future though.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:51

I know I can't have another right now, but one day XXxX
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:52

Oh just read over my shoulder and started laughing, he said I've told you guys cos you will encourage me Wink hahaha. He didn't say no to the idea though...just took Dex out with a big smile... Big Grin

I just know that there are so many staffies who have the right temperament to fall in love with Dex and vice versa, and they are sat in rescue right now when they could be snuggled up here. These are dangerous thoughts! Laughing
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:54

If I could I would Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 19:57

I shall see what more vodka has to say on the matter and go from there Laughing

Always, always, make big decisions when under the influence of spirits.

I may have that backwards though biggrin
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:00

Don't expect it to be a walk in the park though Rach , just found a hole in Tommy's side very deep and suspiciously the size of one of Tilly's fangs Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:02

This is the kind of thing that makes me hold off doing it right now, it's so tempting but we are still getting to know Dexter and I know it could be a rocky road in some ways. Cheers though Dave, is Tommy boy alright? Surprised
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:05

He's absolutely fine and other than that not a single mark on him and they are cuddled up together , unless he did it earlier out walking but he never indicated anything and it is a big chunk of skin missing rather than a cut

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:05

I would love to adopt another, but having no money (lots of love won't feed it Sad ) and the fact i am still learning off you guys it wouldn't be fair Sad and i have been banned from looking
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:07

Dave wrote:Don't expect it to be a walk in the park though Rach , just found a hole in Tommy's side very deep and suspiciously the size of one of Tilly's fangs Surprised

i hope tommy gets better soon
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:10

You have to think double everything , Vets bills, food, poo to pick up , but also double the love and to me thats worth everything , I know our 2 fall out now and again as anyone will when they spend enough time together but watching them just run around together like loons when out makes you realise they do actually like each other Big Grin . For us we are ok for money so the 2nd step wasn't so difficult . Already put our lives on hold to have Tilly for holidays and going out etc so 1 more is no work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:11

dave742 wrote:
Dave wrote:Don't expect it to be a walk in the park though Rach , just found a hole in Tommy's side very deep and suspiciously the size of one of Tilly's fangs Surprised

i hope tommy gets better soon

He'll be fine thanks , tough little bugger that can give as good as he takes , in fact he does give a lot more than he takes so if it is from Tilly then he must have pushed her hard

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:13

Tough as miners boots these staffies bless them Love Struck I stubbed my toe earlier and Dex gave me a look that said "wuss!" Laughing Glad he's alright!
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:18

I have the same thought. Loki is still a little monster at times, yet I can't help but think "when I'm in my own house and earning more money, you, my friend, are getting a brother or sister" Big Grin. That's what they do to us Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:20

ANattyRat wrote:I have the same thought. Loki is still a little monster at times, yet I can't help but think "when I'm in my own house and earning more money, you, my friend, are getting a brother or sister" Big Grin. That's what they do to us Laughing

They really do! Love Struck
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:21

We don't regret it at all , very interesting at times though Smile Hardest thing is to make sure you treat them both the same , no hands free when stroking as you have to do them both together Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:27

God yeah, half the time if me and oh want a cuddle we have a Dexter nosing his way in for a love too. As for anything else it's Dex into the lounge with a stagbar so mummy and daddy can have some quality time, I draw the line at doggy menage a tois rolling on the floor
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:28

PygmyParrot wrote:God yeah, half the time if me and oh want a cuddle we have a Dexter nosing his way in for a love too. As for anything else it's Dex into the lounge with a stagbar so mummy and daddy can have some quality time, I draw the line at doggy menage a tois rolling on the floor
not listening

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:28

PygmyParrot wrote:God yeah, half the time if me and oh want a cuddle we have a Dexter nosing his way in for a love too. As for anything else it's Dex into the lounge with a stagbar so mummy and daddy can have some quality time, I draw the line at doggy menage a tois rolling on the floor
rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor dex is singing ♫ there was 3 in the bed and dex did say roll over roll over ♫ lol

Last edited by dave742 on Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:32; edited 1 time in total
pongy
pongy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:29

Laughing !!!

Now Dave we are all growned ups here and I didn't use any post watershed words Laughing
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:32

Just wondered what this mummy and daddy quality time is , I've been married 15 years

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:33

dave742 wrote:
rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor dex is singing ♫ there was 3 in the bed and dex did say roll over roll over ♫ lol

Laughing
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:34

Dave wrote:Just wondered what this mummy and daddy quality time is , I've been married 15 years

Jigsaws and crosswords Big Grin Honest!
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 20:36

ahhhhh

Back to top Go down

Post by DextersMummy Sun Oct 28 2012, 07:32

I'd love a play mate for my Dext, but would really worry about a rescue dog at the mo with having little'uns. My youngest will be 2 in December and he rags Dext something rotten, sits on him, tries to ride him (thanks to rugrats!) takes over the dog bed, used to use him as a step to get onto the sofa etc, etc, but on the other hand, it was one of the reasons i got a staff as i knew he would be brutal with any dog we got. He loves him to bits though and shares his food with him no matter how much i tell him off for it! I dont want to s
DextersMummy
DextersMummy
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 18 mths
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 28 2012, 09:52

We're the same as the rest of you .. we both want a compnion for Max, and the chance to rescue day dreaming .. we have the time, the space, the money, and more love than any dog could wish for, tho there are a few things stoppin us:

1. Max is intact, and we're not over keen on that changing TBH

2. We arnt sure how it would work when they are here alone (keeping them seperate would be difficult thinking .. but nessasary)

3. we always take Max on hol with us, tho most places we have seen that allow dogs, specify "one" dog allowed only!?

None of them are things that cant be overcome, but never the less, everything has to be taken into consideration so as not to mess things up for either dog thinking

Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sun Oct 28 2012, 12:22

when i move to a bigger apartment had have more money saved up romeo might get a female friend Smile
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28 2012, 12:49

Andy wrote:We're the same as the rest of you .. we both want a compnion for Max, and the chance to rescue day dreaming .. we have the time, the space, the money, and more love than any dog could wish for, tho there are a few things stoppin us:

2. We arnt sure how it would work when they are here alone (keeping them seperate would be difficult thinking .. but nessasary)

3. we always take Max on hol with us, tho most places we have seen that allow dogs, specify "one" dog allowed only!?

None of them are things that cant be overcome, but never the less, everything has to be taken into consideration so as not to mess things up for either dog thinking

Well if you like Cornwall and don't mind driving to the beach or living in luxury I can sort out the holiday thing Big Grin

Rescue a bitch that's already been spayed

Think about crate training the bitch until you see how they settle

There you go all fixed now go out and get Max a girlfriend Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 28 2012, 18:27

Dave wrote:
Andy wrote:We're the same as the rest of you .. we both want a compnion for Max, and the chance to rescue day dreaming .. we have the time, the space, the money, and more love than any dog could wish for, tho there are a few things stoppin us:

Well if you like Cornwall and don't mind driving to the beach or living in luxury I can sort out the holiday thing Big Grin

Rescue a bitch that's already been spayed

Think about crate training the bitch until you see how they settle

There you go all fixed now go out and get Max a girlfriend Love Struck

Yeah the holiday thing isnt a deal breaker, but gettin a spayed bitch wouldnt stop Max humpin her into next week, and he has the run of the house when we're not here, so putting a rescue bitch in a cage dosent seem right, not mention Max seeing it as a challenge and a game! ... the poor girl would prolly wish she was back at the pound Laughing
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down