Settlement with the rental company.

3 posters

Go down

Smile Settlement with the rental company.

Post by wentzer Sat Oct 27 2012, 15:22

There are some people in my area who have gotten legal actions brought against our rental company for discrimination again asstiant animals. I personally took action also, I suffer from depression and other mental illness, when i went through and applied for Daisy to live with us, I was denied because of my letter coming from my doctor who is a nurse practioner and not a medical doctor. others had it worse than I personally did, but in this we had to rehome daisy to find a place that accepted dogs, and move. at wits end lucky us our lady we rented from didnt relize that the "Staffy" is on the "High risk Breed" list, so we got her into an apartment. I have just recieved in the mail a letter saying that there has been a settlement reached, and final court date in december. I am going to appear in court that date, with the facts that I was denied because of the doctor who I see, and the factor we had to rehome our dog, move. I am unsure if this will be deleted or not, but here is a link to the information on the entire thing, feel free to read, leave comments, and any advice for prepareing for the big date. Thanks.

www.goldmarksettlement.com http://goldmarksettlement.com/?page_id=5 main website, http://goldmarksettlement.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/24-second-amended-complaint.pdf complaint its all on the main website.
wentzer
wentzer
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Settlement with the rental company. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Smile Re: Settlement with the rental company.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 15:39

I haven't read it cause I'm using my phone, but good luck. What are you hoping to gain if you win?

Back to top Go down

Post by wentzer Sat Oct 27 2012, 15:46

Well To be honest, I want my money back, but what human in their right mind wouldnt want that!?! Truthfully, I want it to stop, I want the word to get out, that disorders come in all sizes, and shapes. There are some of us who are trying other things other than drugs. Pet are a wonderful thing to help with things. I really want to show that some people arent out just for themselves, and to prove that this company has screwed up again. Just beacuase we have issues, doesnt mean we aren't responsible for more. I just have so many things. I hope this doesnt sound to corny, er anything.
wentzer
wentzer
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Settlement with the rental company. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 15:50

Not corny at all! I wish you all the luck in the world! It's about time that all disabilities were treated with equal gravity & I really hope you get what you want.

Remind me nearer the time & I'll light a candle for you when I'm at work.

Back to top Go down

Post by pongy Sat Oct 27 2012, 16:00

Good luck on your fight for what's right.Mental illness is the world's 2nd largest illness ,the 1st is the predjudism against it.Best of luck
pongy
pongy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Prefer to not say
Dogs Name(s) : cassie
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years (we think)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 27 2012, 16:18

dave742 wrote:Good luck on your fight for what's right.Mental illness is the world's 2nd largest illness ,the 1st is the predjudism against it.Best of luck

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Oct 27 2012, 18:26

banghead banghead banghead It just beggars belief. Would it be too late to get a letter from your Doctor instead of the nurse and submit this as evidence with your claim. I'm sure you will be OK anyway but the more evidence you have the better.

Could you also not see a psychologist to get a letter from him/her to add to your claim too. Do you take any medication as this information should also be added especially if it has reduced since you have had your dog.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down