neutering

4 posters

Go down

neutering Empty neutering

Post by Louise C Fri Oct 26 2012, 11:04

Wasn't sure where to put this.

Just to let people know if any one could do with the help.

I contacted the Blue Cross about possibly getting vouchers for getting Lola neutered or spayed, I never know which one, but you know what I mean.

They replied and said anyone who has a staffie or staffie cross can get help towards getting their dogs done even if they are not on any means tested benefits. They give a voucher for £75.00 and you can choose any vets that will take vouchers.
You can have help towards any other dog but must be on means tested benefits.

I was delighted when I received this info and thought I'd pass it on to anyone that may need this.
Louise C
Louise C
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

neutering Empty Re: neutering

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 11:40

That's good news and hopefully help encourage responsibility , I will move the post into health ok , thankyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Fri Oct 26 2012, 11:45

Yes I agree, there is no excuse really when you get this much help Smile
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Oct 26 2012, 12:12

Thanks for the heads up Louise, I'm sure the voucher will be of great value to many owners.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 12:40

Louise C wrote:Yes I agree, there is no excuse really when you get this much help Smile

No excuse for what? Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Fri Oct 26 2012, 16:22

Caryll wrote:
Louise C wrote:Yes I agree, there is no excuse really when you get this much help Smile

No excuse for what? Big Grin

To accidently have puppies!
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:20

Trouble is, that will only benefit the people who would have their dogs neutered anyway. Sad The others will carry on with their 'accidental' matings regardless! angry

Still, it will help some people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:27

Caryll wrote:Trouble is, that will only benefit the people who would have their dogs neutered anyway. Sad The others will carry on with their 'accidental' matings regardless! angry

Got to disagree with you there Caryll as there are some people that can't afford the neutering but believe they can afford the dog and don't give a thought to the cost of a litter. Personally I think it would turn a lot of people who may think they can get away with it. I've got no idea of the cost of removing Tommy's balls but it cost £125 to get Tilly neutered . Don't think its about making it a bargain , more about making it more reachable for the people that say they can't afford it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:29

Dave wrote:
Caryll wrote:Trouble is, that will only benefit the people who would have their dogs neutered anyway. Sad The others will carry on with their 'accidental' matings regardless! angry

Got to disagree with you there Caryll as there are some people that can't afford the neutering but believe they can afford the dog and don't give a thought to the cost of a litter. Personally I think it would turn a lot of people who may think they can get away with it. I've got no idea of the cost of removing Tommy's balls but it cost £125 to get Tilly neutered . Don't think its about making it a bargain , more about making it more reachable for the people that say they can't afford it

That's why I said it'll help some people. Not, unfortunately, the ones that continually have 'accidental' litters! They don't want to be helped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:42

have to agree with Caryll, my issue is they only seem to do these vouchers for staffy or bully type dog. They aren't the only breeds being over bred and so should be offered to anyone on low income/benefits with any breed who DO want to neuter their dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:43

ella wrote:have to agree with Caryll, my issue is they only seem to do these vouchers for staffy or bully type dog. They aren't the only breeds being over bred and so should be offered to anyone on low income/benefits with any breed who DO want to neuter their dog.

Its a fair point Ella, I wasn't thinking past our problems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:45

I know, Dave, you get very much centred on the bully problems, but although staffs have a bad time of it in the rescue stakes, all breeds are bred for money by unscrupulous people - accidental litters happen all the time, across all breeds. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:51

ella wrote:have to agree with Caryll, my issue is they only seem to do these vouchers for staffy or bully type dog. They aren't the only breeds being over bred and so should be offered to anyone on low income/benefits with any breed who DO want to neuter their dog.

The vouchers are for any dog if you are on means tested benefits or low income.

The reason I'm guessing that you do not have to be on any means tested benefit to get a voucher for a staffie or staffie cross is because of the statistics of how many of a certain breed are in kennels, foster homes etc. From what I see and read the amount of unwanted staffie's far outnumber any other breed.
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:53

Your right, and it's sad :-(
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:56

Dave wrote:

I see nothing wrong with the vouchers if they are given to those who need them, but it's just the majority of the time they are only eligible for bully breed dogs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Fri Oct 26 2012, 17:58

ella wrote:
Dave wrote:

I see nothing wrong with the vouchers if they are given to those who need them, but it's just the majority of the time they are only eligible for bully breed dogs!

the vouchers are for all dog types!
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 26 2012, 18:15

No i don't want a copy.

I am not on about YOUR voucher. There are many many of these schemes/vouchers whatever, MOST of them are only given to bully breeds.

So if you read what i actually put, i said the MAJORITY of them are for bully breeds.

Quite frankly i don't care i don't neuter so makes no difference either way to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Sat Oct 27 2012, 10:58

Just to clarify the info should anyone need help....

We offer a Neuter Grant Scheme which offers part payment towards the cost of neutering. In order to qualify to receive assistance for neutering your dog you would need to be in receipt of one of the following:
· Housing Benefit

· Council Tax Benefit

· Income Support

· Working Tax Credit

· Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)

- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Based)

· Pension Credit

unless you own a Staffordshire bull terrier or Staffordshire bull terrier cross, in which case we will be able to help towards the cost even if you are not receiving one of the benefits listed above.

If you meet the criteria to receive this grant, we will be able to contribute £75.00 towards the cost of neutering at a vet of your choice, but we will need to obtain some more information from you in order to process this.

Please inform us of your contact details
1) Full name
2) Address
3) Contact Telephone number
4) Name of dog
5) Breed of dog
6) Male or female

Please also send (either by email, fax or post) the following:
1) A recent copy of proof of benefit (unless you own a Staffordshire Bull Terrier or Staffordshire Bull Terrier Cross, in which case this is not required) AND
2) A recent copy of a utility bill (Gas, Electricity, Water etc.) (Required in all cases)

Our address is:
Service Delivery Administration
The Blue Cross Head Office
Shilton Road
Burford
Oxfordshire
OX18 4PF
Fax: 0300 777 1601 - mark it "FAO Katie Fitzgibbon"
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Herewegoagain!:) Sat Oct 27 2012, 23:33

I for one thank you very much! After my wife's hours having been cut this will really help .

Herewegoagain!:)
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Diesel
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Mon Oct 29 2012, 16:12

I am going through The Dogs Trust to get Sky spayed... as they say if your on a means tested benefit then you only pay £30 towards the spaying and they cover the rest.. We got Inca done the same way and it really helps when your struggling abit money wise...

Sky is going in this thursday ( 1st Nov ) to be spayed, hope she is ok afterwards..
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29 2012, 17:22

hollymolly wrote:I am going through The Dogs Trust to get Sky spayed... as they say if your on a means tested benefit then you only pay £30 towards the spaying and they cover the rest.. We got Inca done the same way and it really helps when your struggling abit money wise...

Sky is going in this thursday ( 1st Nov ) to be spayed, hope she is ok afterwards..

Ooh , you will have to keep us posted on Inca's progress >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Tue Oct 30 2012, 09:26

Dave wrote:
hollymolly wrote:I am going through The Dogs Trust to get Sky spayed... as they say if your on a means tested benefit then you only pay £30 towards the spaying and they cover the rest.. We got Inca done the same way and it really helps when your struggling abit money wise...

Do you mean keep you posted on Sky not Inca as Inca was done ages ago when she was 9 mnths !!! Wink
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 09:34

hollymolly wrote:Sky is going in this thursday ( 1st Nov ) to be spayed, hope she is ok afterwards..

So young. Sad

Hope it goes well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 30 2012, 10:28

hollymolly wrote:
Dave wrote:

Do you mean keep you posted on Sky not Inca as Inca was done ages ago when she was 9 mnths !!! Wink

Done that on your other post too I'm old and I forget. There shouls be a rule like the Ant and Dec rule on here , look at my profile pic it's easy ..........Tilly..........Tommy . Simples see, now run along and get a pic that shows them the right way round for the stupid people among us, ok well just for me actually Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down