how physical (in a nice way) are you with your dog?

+14
Karlos16uk
Nosipho
Keith
Lou&percy :)
Ticklymac
StuW
Andy
Jackieb
janey
stella
Taz
DextersMummy
PygmyParrot
Girly
18 posters

Go down

how physical (in a nice way) are you with your dog? Empty how physical (in a nice way) are you with your dog?

Post by Girly Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:19

OK this may sound weird but I find patting Jellybean on the side or back with a big "good girl" or some term endearment totally irresistible. I just wonder if it hurts her or do any of you do it to your dogs? It's gentle of course but she just is so... pat-able LOL I mostly just want to squeeze and kiss her all the time but that's a bit much. I also like giving her ears a stroking tug sort of thing.

She doesn't seem bothered, but I don't know if anyone else does it or does it promote any sort of aggression that I am unwittingly encouraging?

Alternatively, does anyone give you dog the occassional smack for being naughty, like on the bottom? I have a friend who tells her dog she will whack her bottom if she's naughty and then gives her a light smack. It's not me I swear LOL

No judging in any case!
Girly
Girly
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
how physical (in a nice way) are you with your dog? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jellybean
Dog(s) Ages : born 6 Feb 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 46

Back to top Go down

how physical (in a nice way) are you with your dog? Empty Re: how physical (in a nice way) are you with your dog?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:24

I play fight with the boys if that's what you mean, i give them slaps and punches when playing and they really enjoy it, but it's different if i were to slap them for being naughty which i don't do

Back to top Go down

how physical (in a nice way) are you with your dog? Empty Re: how physical (in a nice way) are you with your dog?

Post by PygmyParrot Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:27

Hiya, I munch and scrunch Dexter to pieces - I haven't long got home from a really long shift and I have patted and kissed and fussed him so much and had pretty much the same in return. As for smacking that's an unequivocal No from me, if he is 'naughty' for want of a better word a no and a few minutes of no attention is our consequence of choice. We don't really play 'rough' with Dex, but we have a four year old and a seven year old and I wouldn't want to accidentally encourage him to go too far if playing with them as it would be on our head if he caught them with his gnashers by accident or bowled one of them over hehe. We tend to play lets slobber over everybody and everything, and say "gentle" if he gets too over the top Smile
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Girly Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:27

sure Ella, play fighting or as praise or just because she's standing there being super cute and not a demon puppy >Smile

We ourselves don't really play fight as we have kids too, and she can get a bit rough not in an aggressive way, just in a she's way stronger way. But we do love squeezing the figurative crap out of her. LOL
Girly
Girly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:33

Girly wrote:sure Ella, play fighting or as praise or just because she's standing there being super cute and not a demon puppy >Smile

We ourselves don't really play fight as we have kids too, and she can get a bit rough not in an aggressive way, just in a she's way stronger way. But we do love squeezing the figurative crap out of her. LOL

Laughing Aw!
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:39

Girly wrote:sure Ella, play fighting or as praise or just because she's standing there being super cute and not a demon puppy >Smile

Haha well i'd miss 'beating' the boys up Surprised i jest of course Wink

I squeeze them to death with hugs, pin them down and bite them back when play fighting Wink >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by DextersMummy Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:47

Likewise, we have 2 children so we don't play fight, but Dext gets big mushy cuddles, (but no licking or kisses as call them!)
DextersMummy
DextersMummy
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 18 mths
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Girly Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:51

we let Jelly lick us, but she does get a bit out of hand as she REALLY loves to give kisses so we have to draw the line. she is a big softy who loves her cuddles though and she'll even get her little soft toy fox, set it up just so and lay her head on it like a pillow when she settles in to sleep on my legs.

that said, about 3 hours ago I wanted to kill her as she was jumping and barking at me like a maniac to get me to play LOL
Girly
Girly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:54

DextersMummy wrote:Likewise, we have 2 children so we don't play fight, but Dext gets big mushy cuddles, (but no licking or kisses as call them!)

How can you not let him give kisses Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Taz Tue Oct 23 2012, 19:59

Taz isn't really into being fussed unless she is sleepy or comes to me and will move away from physical fuss.

Don't agree with smacking her , although she has had playful taps. I used to play fight with her all the time but found she is much calmer when I don't - and its less bruising for me- LOL Smile
Taz
Taz

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : 'lil Miss Taz Devil Demoania ~ TAZ
Dog(s) Ages : 31:05:2011
Dog Gender(s) : She's a lady, a tinker, a beauty, an a real b!tch
Support total : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by DextersMummy Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:01

Cos he licks his willy!!!!! Plus he used to lick the kids faces, esp my lil boy and he was only 9 mths old so we banned kisses!
DextersMummy
DextersMummy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:03

DextersMummy wrote:Cos he licks his willy!!!!! Plus he used to lick the kids faces, esp my lil boy and he was only 9 mths old so we banned kisses!

yer all dogs do that, I grew up with dogs from being born and always had kisses, theres no way i could ban kisses Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by DextersMummy Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:04

Sorry, i'm tight like that! He does get loves though, just in our own way.
DextersMummy
DextersMummy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:05

no i was just wondering Smile each to their own

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:06

I must admit I let Dex lick my face and the kids but I grew up half covered in dog slobber every day and never got ill so I just don't give it a thought. A few of my friends hate being licked by their dogs and think I'm mad Laughing
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:07

ella wrote:
DextersMummy wrote:Cos he licks his willy!!!!! Plus he used to lick the kids faces, esp my lil boy and he was only 9 mths old so we banned kisses!

yer all dogs do that, I grew up with dogs from being born and always had kisses, theres no way i could ban kisses Sad

We do licks and frenchies on a regular basis Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:07

I think if Lexi was a smaller dog she would have been crushed by now. I squeeze the life out of that poor dog, but it sends her mental hyper and she jumps up for more lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Girly Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:10

Dave wrote:
ella wrote:

LMAO! Dave, that's hot.

rolling on the floor silly hypnotised Surprised
Girly
Girly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:10

sasha always has a rough and tumble at night when her daddy gets home and always has since being a pup,he's her play mate and she enjoys it,we got laminated floors in the living room and she pulls him around the floor!if she gets a bit carried away and nips him by accident she always gives him kisses to say sorry Laughing
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:11

I love scratching there necks and the harder I scratch the harder she pushes her head against me, I'm sure it must hurt lol, not a fan of licks either though Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:21

Awesome thread !

I love my 2 to death, need constant snuggles and kisses ! Always a baby wipe on hand for face kisses tho lol !

They love any physical contact and I love it too. Staffy snuggle makes things seem so much better, very stress relieving lol
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:24

Dave wrote:
ella wrote:

hmmm tasty Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:27

Yeah Max is a very rough 'n tumble type of lad, I'm the only one that fights on the floor with him tho, and hardly at all now cus he's just too bullish with me after a couple of minutes ... if he's tired I can get away with rollin him on his back and scruchin his face for a bit, but then he just slowly gets faster and harder so I stop it Laughing ... where as my wife just gets LOADS of lovely hugs and he turns to putty with her Love Struck ... tho he does come to me for loves aswell but I have to make the most of them Rolling Eyes Laughing

We dont do licking, but he catch's us out now and then Big Grin
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:37

I play fight with Bailey pretty rough Laughing he comes back for more again and again though with his tail wagging constantly so he must enjoy it Big Grin sometimes I'll realise I've hit him too hard but it doesn't phase him!

If he bites too hard I bite him back aswell Laughing not much fun afterwards if he's squirming and I end up with a mouthful of hair Sad
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:40

I don't do licks at all. Yuck. But i will happily snog my horse lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:45

I'm very 'physical' with Dempsey. If he's near enough for me to reach I've always got one hand scratching his neck or belly etc. He also sleeps next to me on the sofa with his head either on my lap or curled up against me.

I don't play rough with him cause he gets too over the top, but my oh does (and normally regrets it).

I don't smack him. I don't encourage licks either, mainly cause he has really slobbery, slimey saliva! sick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:52

StuW wrote:I play fight with Bailey pretty rough Laughing he comes back for more again and again though with his tail wagging constantly so he must enjoy it Big Grin sometimes I'll realise I've hit him too hard but it doesn't phase him!

They'r hard wee ******s like! No thing seems to phase her, she's constantly hitting herself of things, running into things, not moving when i go to open doors (ooops) and she doesnt even seem to notice!
I play rough with her sometimes, but usually when she has her ball in her mouth so she can't mouth me and she loves it. She always gets carried away when my oh does it tho coz hes really rough (doesnt use the ball trick lol) and he usually ends up regretting it - all his own doin no sympathy
But then i always have her up for cuddles and kisses - i luv the kisses!!....until it gets to that...AAAHHH am drowning in dog spit point! rolling on the floor
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:55

Yes, Dempsey's always running into things & banging his head. But that's ok cause he doesn't have a brain in there - his brain is split into two & hangs between his back legs! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Tue Oct 23 2012, 21:01

Caryll wrote:Yes, Dempsey's always running into things & banging his head. But that's ok cause he doesn't have a brain in there - his brain is split into two & hangs between his back legs! Rolling Eyes

ah like most males then Tongues
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 21:02

Ticklymac wrote:
Caryll wrote:Yes, Dempsey's always running into things & banging his head. But that's ok cause he doesn't have a brain in there - his brain is split into two & hangs between his back legs! Rolling Eyes

ah like most males then Tongues

You got it! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou&percy :) Tue Oct 23 2012, 21:26

Percy is a full on mummy's boy and loves snuggles and tummy rubs and raspberries blown on his tummy Big Grin

We've had to embrace the kisses (licks) as Percy has just got so many to give away, but to control it slightly I've taught him to give kisses. So when I tap my cheek and say give kisses he does, then I say other side, and then on the lips Smile this is better than full on speed licking all over the face Big Grin

Lou&percy :)

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Percy
Dog(s) Ages : 22 weeks
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Taz Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:16

Hayley wrote:I don't do licks at all. Yuck. But i will happily snog my horse lol

Laughing
Taz
Taz

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : 'lil Miss Taz Devil Demoania ~ TAZ
Dog(s) Ages : 31:05:2011
Dog Gender(s) : She's a lady, a tinker, a beauty, an a real b!tch
Support total : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Tue Oct 23 2012, 23:36

I used to rough play with my boy, Marley.
He loved a little mouthing "scrap" where he'd try to nip me when I poked his flank and span him round and round.
It always ended with me pinning him down gently, then swopping positions so he pinned me.
Lots of growling and 100mph rough play which a lot of people would probably wince at.
But I'd have trusted him with my life.
RIP little man - always daddy's best boy.

Now, I have foster staffies but can't rough house them in the same way as they nine times out of 10 go to quiet families and I don't want to encourage silliness.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 02:19

I'll let Loki lick my hand or arm or whatever, but not my face, because he turns from peaceful to bity too quickly Laughing. Also, he walks over, sits next to me and enjoys the stroking, patting, scratching, etc. If I stop for longer than a few seconds, he walks away and finds someone else to cuddle up to Laughing. I don't play on the floor with him or anything cos he can still bite, but I do whack him on the face with his snake toy and he loves it Laughing it's a teddy so he's fine Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 03:22

I play fight with Suki all the time but I'm the only one she will nip and than only when we are playing.She's as gentle as can be with everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 07:59

Loads of staffy kisses, and even more group hug xxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Oct 24 2012, 10:36

I let mine give me kisses but not on the face or neck. Not so much because they are dirty just becuase I hate the feeling of slobber on my skin and then it goes all cold as it drys. blergh! We sleep together, snuggle, kiss, cuddle, chew each other, lay together and are just generally close! Lovely pillow dogs! We also play fight together.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 10:47

My daughter play fights with Bella and ends up regretting it when Bella is jumping all over her lol. I'm always cuddling her and love getting the staffy kisses. Millie is the complete opposite, she only gives cuddles and kisses on her terms. Ask her for kisses and she turns her face away lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 11:01

Dave wrote:
ella wrote:

Yeah i"m with Ella n Dave we love big Staffy kisses Love Struck I get woken up every morning with kisses all over my face Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24 2012, 12:04

i play fight ruff and tumble with memphis all the time but he wont play with know body else that way he knows its just for me lol.
i used to let him lick my hands and that was it now we have big slobber fest kisses all the time haha there that affectionate its not worth trying to resist.
and i offen pull his face up to mine when he relaxing and he just looks then his tongue will dart out and either like my nose or if he lucky will catch me in the mouth lol .
not really bothered now as i know what he been eating (raw)

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlos16uk Thu Oct 25 2012, 08:01

I don't want Fiver to see any form of fighting with humans play or otherwise as acceptable so we don't allow it with people. He can play fight with other dogs especially my daughter's boyfriend's German Shepard, but not with us. We don't allow nipping or mouthing at all

He is a cuddle fanatic and will give licky face kisses to anyone who lets him, and whenever he can LOL. He is so loving and so soft and just wants to cuddle everyone. Everyone wants to cuddle him too, a simple ten minute walk through town to get to a coffee shop takes half an hour as everyone who likes dogs wants to stop him for a cuddle LOL
Karlos16uk
Karlos16uk
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Fiver
Dog(s) Ages : Five
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Thu Oct 25 2012, 09:30

My hubby will play fight with Pixee, ever my son. I dont, but then we have our own play thing in the fields and on our walks. I let her lick me on the lips, I love it, and I will kiss her back on her mouth too and all over her face. Hubby wont come clear me when he sees that Laughing . She loves having her belly stroked, and will keep pawing you if you stop Love Struck . Loves sitting on your laps and going to sleep on them when she can in the conney. I love chasing her and squeezing her bottom which she loves to bits.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Girly Thu Oct 25 2012, 09:59

that's funny you mention the chasing, Jellybean LOVES LOVES LOVES to be chased around the dining room table. she grabs a toy or a bone and starts running if my step-daughter is around, and they have a great time! sometimes she just runs around it on her own hoping someone nearby will join in and if we don't, she stops and yells at us LOL it's SO CUTE!!! Love Struck
Girly
Girly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Thu Oct 25 2012, 10:01

Yes its so cute when they learn from you and do it on their own in the hope that you join the fun. Love Struck
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankie's dad Thu Oct 25 2012, 10:11

Hahahah this is making my morning !

We go all out, Hugs, kisses, rough and tumble, (gently) nibbling on ears and tail when play fighting, patting, having a good ol' scratch..... Frankie loves it !

No signs of agression what so ever, i think the more you handle, play with your dog the beter! It helps also with going to the vets as they get used to being handled

Frankie's Dad Laughing

Frankie's dad
Frankie's dad

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frankie
Dog(s) Ages : 15 months
Dog Gender(s) : Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Thu Oct 25 2012, 11:22

I've had to teach Biscuit to play fight nicely as when I first got her she'd be hanging off of my arm within a few minutes of excitedness Rolling Eyes but we play fight all of the time now, she goes mad and bombs it from room to room and then dives on top of me! She puts her mouth around you now but no pressure at all and if she gets too excited you've just gotta click your fingers and she'll lie down and calm down! And if you play hide and seek with her she gets so excited when she finds you that you're on the floor in seconds Laughing

My friend used to play a ridiculous game with her where she would see who could poke their tongue out first Rolling Eyes so now she's in the habit getting right up in your face and flicking her tongue at you.. it's horrible haha! She also tries to lick all of the water off of my arms if i've had a shower.. she's a really licky dog in general but I don't let her get over the top!
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Fri Oct 26 2012, 18:58

Myself and Lola love to spoon Big Grin yep, she sleeps under the quilt and she's either at my back or my stomach. She keeps me very warm in this weather aswell Big Grin
We do kisses, and play fight, but she is getting a bit too rough for me and I have the bruises to show haha. she loves to lie on my lap, especially if I have the laptop on my lap, she kinda shoves it away Big Grin
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Fri Oct 26 2012, 19:50

Louise C wrote:Myself and Lola love to spoon Big Grin yep, she sleeps under the quilt and she's either at my back or my stomach. She keeps me very warm in this weather aswell Big Grin

Diesel lies along the inside of my leg under the duvet (i lie on my side with one leg bend one leg straight) and its the cosiest feeling in the world!!
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Fri Oct 26 2012, 20:15

Ticklymac wrote:
Louise C wrote:Myself and Lola love to spoon Big Grin yep, she sleeps under the quilt and she's either at my back or my stomach. She keeps me very warm in this weather aswell Big Grin

Diesel lies along the inside of my leg under the duvet (i lie on my side with one leg bend one leg straight) and its the cosiest feeling in the world!!

Who needs hot water bottles or electric blankets when you have a staffie Big Grin Love Struck
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down