Incontinence sheets for puppy training

+2
Thomos 2
Herewegoagain!:)
6 posters

Go down

Incontinence sheets for puppy training Empty Incontinence sheets for puppy training

Post by Herewegoagain!:) Mon Oct 22 2012, 22:47

Hi
I have bought some puppy incontinence sheets to help with diesels toilet training( we pick him up on Friday, so exicited!!), god they aren't cheap are they.
Being an ex nurse I researched it and went on the web. Human ones are so much cheaper. Any reason not to use these instead ? I am going to check there is nothing. Poisonous in them if he decided to chew?
Any help appreciated,
Please no taking the p:ss ! Lol Big Grin

Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Diesel
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Incontinence sheets for puppy training Empty Re: Incontinence sheets for puppy training

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22 2012, 22:54

Herewegoagain!Smile wrote:Please no taking the p:ss ! Lol Big Grin

Laughing Laughing

I don't use the pads, I really don't like them. I prefer to take a pup into the garden every hours (plus after sleep, play & food), praise them to the skies when they go outside & ignore the accidents inside - they seem to catch on much quicker that way.

I was always worried that they'd be chewed by a pup & although they may not be poisonous, they must have absorbant crystals in them to soak up the pee, and if they're swallowed they could swell up in the pup's stomach & cause a blockage.

Back to top Go down

Incontinence sheets for puppy training Empty Re: Incontinence sheets for puppy training

Post by Thomos 2 Mon Oct 22 2012, 23:15

Ditto what Caryll said, Smile made the mistake of using them years ago, my pup took nearly a year to train Sad Sad he thought he was only allowed to go on paper, every letter that came through the letterbox, or newspaper, became a target for doggy puddles. I was pulling my hair out at wits end
Thomos 2
Thomos 2
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : enzo & enya
Dog(s) Ages : 6months
Dog Gender(s) : male & female
Support total : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Herewegoagain!:) Tue Oct 23 2012, 00:01

Thanks , makes sense!Smile

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Diesel
Dog(s) Ages : 9 weeks
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Taz Tue Oct 23 2012, 00:09

I used puppy pads simply because i live in a 3 story house and the garden is on the bottom floor - she couldn't get down the stairs - but I moved them further towards the door and she was fully house trained in about 4 weeks (as in letting me know when she wanted to go out - obviously night time took longer til she could hold her movements) Smile

I've not read another positive review for using pads t.b.h. - most prefer not to!

No idea about incontinent pads but I'm sure home bargains sell puppy pads quite cheap if you feel the need to.
Taz
Taz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Incontinence sheets for puppy training Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : 'lil Miss Taz Devil Demoania ~ TAZ
Dog(s) Ages : 31:05:2011
Dog Gender(s) : She's a lady, a tinker, a beauty, an a real b!tch
Support total : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 07:26

we went straight to the garden phas as there was only him and Tilly in there (was the same for Tilly too) I was always concerned as others that it would prolong toilet training , though they always had a small toilet area in their crates in the early days , gradually getting out of this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 08:08

We used pads to toilet train and still keep one in the house when we are out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou&percy :) Tue Oct 23 2012, 09:07

I bought a pack, put the 1st one down (for when we were leaving Percy for about 30mins) when we came back he had eaten the WHOLE pad.....spent the next 24 hours bringing it back up.....I didn't ever use them again lol x

Lou&percy :)
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Incontinence sheets for puppy training Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Percy
Dog(s) Ages : 22 weeks
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Tue Oct 23 2012, 10:03

We used them with Debo and he did great on them. We put only one in the kitchen,some people advise to put few. But I was worried that Debo would think that he can wee everywhere. When we could take him out we still keep the pad on the floor,after a week he stoped being interested in them ,he got the idea of doing his bussines outside. Can't help with the humans one
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Tue Oct 23 2012, 11:09

We never use them straight into the garden on wake up or if puppy has an accident, save yourself money Smile
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 11:10

Never needed them but newspaper works just as well lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 11:13

Lou&percy Smile wrote:I bought a pack, put the 1st one down (for when we were leaving Percy for about 30mins) when we came back he had eaten the WHOLE pad.....spent the next 24 hours bringing it back up.....I didn't ever use them again lol x

That's my fear! Dempsey is a serial chewer & whatever goes in his mouth also goes down his throat! For them to be absorbent they must have chemicals in them & I wouldn't want those down inside my dog's stomach!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 11:55

puppy pads have a deoderising smell to them which pups love so they will rip them up (little buggers lol) deff better to stick with news paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down