My friends 10 month old staffy pup is staying with us for a week - mayhem!

4 posters

Go down

My friends 10 month old staffy pup is staying with us for a week - mayhem! Empty My friends 10 month old staffy pup is staying with us for a week - mayhem!

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 19:20

So my friend and her other half are off to Butlins tomorrow and they have just dropped their 10 month old staffy pup here for us to look after until Friday evening.

He's a lovely little pup but VERY disobedient and unruly.

Luckily Charlie is being brilliant and doing as he's told when he's told, but it's gonna be pretty hard work I think. I'm going to do as much as I can with him while he's here and hopefully it will be kept up at home. I think he listens to my friend's other half at home but whenever I've been there, he mostly ignores my friend and she has to be so firm with him.

He has a real licking problem, and looks so confused when I tell him to do something like lay down. Poor little guy, he has no idea what is going on.

Him and Charlie get on great though, and I'm hoping Rusko will learn a thing or two from Charlie.

Wish me luck!

Back to top Go down

My friends 10 month old staffy pup is staying with us for a week - mayhem! Empty Re: My friends 10 month old staffy pup is staying with us for a week - mayhem!

Post by Kathy Sun Sep 16 2012, 19:34

Ooooooooooooooooooooo Shontelle, good luck with that one. I'm sure you will all be absolutely fine. I dont want to s
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

My friends 10 month old staffy pup is staying with us for a week - mayhem! Empty Re: My friends 10 month old staffy pup is staying with us for a week - mayhem!

Post by janey Sun Sep 16 2012, 19:35

Good luck my love.....................and have fun Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 19:42

Ha thanks! I'm taking lots of pics and vids for his owners so I'll get them uploaded here when I can Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Sep 16 2012, 19:55

Look forward to it! Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Sun Sep 16 2012, 20:55

good luck, tell Charlie to keep him in line. You'll probably get a few gray hairs and the puppy will learn a ton!
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:01

The pup is being a right pain. He WILL NOT stop licking us or do as he's told or leave poor old Charlie alone for a minute - luckily Charlie is taking it all in his stride and being good as gold Smile

It's the licking that is driving me nuts, everytime one of us sits near him or goes to pet him, he licks and licks and licks. He doesn't listen to 'Ah ah' or 'no' and when I remove my hands, he just licks my legs instead. When I get up and walk away, he comes trotting after me.

Bless him it's not his fault, he was incredibly nippy as a pup and my friend really told him off for nipping but said good boy when he licked because she would rather he licked than nipped. She wishes she hadn't now though cos it's out of control.

I need to get him to stop the licking and do as he's told cos at the moment, he completely ignores me. I'm used to instant compliance from Charlie so it's certainly different!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:04

I'm so sorry Shon but that made me laugh! Not impressed with the training already given, but you certain'y have your work cut out XxXX
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:09

It sounds like you are in for a fun week. Charlie must have a lot of patience Bella is 12 months and at times can really push her luck with Millie. looking forward to the pics Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:12

Best of luck. Suki is a bit of a licker to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:12

Honestly, Charlie is an angel with the patience of a saint!

I'm going to work really hard with him this week and send him back with at least some good foundations for them to build on.

My friend says he's good as gold when it's just her, her other half and her daughter there, but whenever I'm there, he ignores her, jumps all over me and doesn't do as he's told. He may be good when it's just the three of them, but she has visitors and they're having a baby in 3 months, he needs to be fully trained by then or they'll be in for a rough ride.

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:21

sounds like a naughty teenager to me Laughing good luck with him,i'm sure by the time you give him back his manners will have improved,hugs to Charlie for putting up with him >Big Grin<
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:30

Here is a video of them playing a few minutes ago. Sorry about the bad lighting, it's dark here. You might have to click on the picture to go to photobucket for it to play.

My friends 10 month old staffy pup is staying with us for a week - mayhem! Th_video-2012-09-16-21-18-40

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Sep 16 2012, 21:39

think your right after watching that,charlie your a saint! angel
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 17 2012, 04:01

That video is great, looks great seeing them play Smile Charlie definitely has a great deal of patience. Looks like it's going to be 40% fun and 60% stress Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down