Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good? Empty Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good?

Post by laurenjuby89 Wed Sep 12 2012, 18:12

Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good? and does anyone know what size is best for a staffie?

Last edited by Kathy on Fri May 23 2014, 14:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moved post to Staffy Tried & Tested)
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocco
Dog(s) Ages : 8 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good? Empty Re: Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good?

Post by Cyril baby Wed Sep 12 2012, 18:44

The strap goes round the chest, ideal for a dog to push into it to pull the owner along, that is were the straps for a horse pulling a cart goes because it makes the pushing into to pull the cart easier. If this strap isn't fitted properly it can also interfere with the dog's breathing.

I prefer these harnesses http://dog-games-shop.co.uk/ as you can see the straps go either side of the dog's neck, this makes it more difficult for him to push into and pull the owner along. It doesn't interfer with the dog's breathing, it is recommended by vets if a dog has a tracheotomy put in because it leaves the windpipe clear. A lot of Staffies need the Perfect Fit harness because of their shape, I didn't for Cyril.
Cyril baby
Cyril baby
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good? Empty Re: Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good?

Post by laurenjuby89 Wed Sep 12 2012, 18:49

oh ok then this is very helpful thankyou Smile
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Sep 12 2012, 18:52

We have one for Rocky in size 0. Please see the link below for details about it. Just wanted to warn you that Rocky is able to get himself out of this harness, hence we now have a different make/style of harness for him:

http://k9accessories.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_naru.tpl&product_id=711&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

He now has something more like this one, which he hasn't got out of yet (he has had this for about 6 months):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ancol-Nylon-Harness-Size-Red/dp/B004M9SGUQ/ref=sr_1_69?ie=UTF8&qid=1347472263&sr=8-69
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by laurenjuby89 Wed Sep 12 2012, 18:55

thankyou Smile
laurenjuby89
laurenjuby89

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by NyandEm Fri May 23 2014, 00:38

Amazing harness, stopped my dog from pulling straight away! well built too. recommend too anyone with a staffy. My pup is 9 months at 66cm measurement round the belly so i bought a size 1 any less than 66cm get a size 0 Smile.

Best thing ive bought for her so far, great, and she walks so much better! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Cool 
NyandEm
NyandEm
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23 2014, 02:01

A few members have them I'm sure they'll be along shortly to offer some more info Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23 2014, 05:51

We have had them for our 2 for about a year already and absolutely love them. They don't help with pulling as someone said above, but they're great when you do need to train them to sit when there are other distractions around, for example, as there are handles to hold on to and for us, that gives us more confidence.

We've also got the little side bags for them and as they're older now on walks they'll get little light goodies to put in them and they enjoy having something to carry!

Back to top Go down

Post by saffi28 Wed May 28 2014, 14:27

I have used the Julius K9 harness now for a couple of years and they are still in good shape.  Strong, well made &wash and wash.  However, Maisey has a tendancy to suddenly stop and pull back and she has nearly backed out of the harness on a couple of occasions (did purchase a T bar and this does help to a degree).  Never had this problem with Roxie as she tends to just motor on.    I have now changed to the El Perro fleece lined harness as during the winter we have done lots of lead walks and where Roxie has tended to pull, I noticed she had a couple of thinning patches on her side where the harness rubbed.  I do still use these harnesses though when they are down the fields as they are off lead most of the time and they wash up really well when chucked in the washing machine.  The handle is great for when you want that little extra control and you can have a lot of fun with the labels on the side  Laughing

With regards to sizing, both my girls are still in their size 0 (both fairly chunky girls) but they are on maximum extension and fit snugly so if I did ever replace them, I would probably go next size up.
saffi28
saffi28

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Roxie (Rocker Dog) and Maisey
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 5 and a half
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 28 2014, 14:35

I've heard other members on here mention that theirs dogs have, or nearly have, backed out of the Julius k9 harness. For this reason we got the additional front strap which helps a lot.

Does anyone know if the Julius power harness is any good? 20140429_093546_zpsk6srfps6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down