go on bite her!

5 posters

Go down

go on bite her! Empty go on bite her!

Post by lolalollypop Sat Jan 15 2011, 18:12

never ever want lola to be violent but my god just sometimes i wish she would bite!
the ammount of imbociles who walk there dogs on our local field who come up to lola jumping all over her as shes on her lead then she retaliates with a little scream like bark(she cant balk or growl yet it sounds more like a cat crying lol)the other dog gets all agresive then there owners looking at lola as if shes the devil dog? told one of em earlier to get her rat on its lead she went mental saying me and lola were thugs? wth?

hmmmm we arnt making many friends on the field lol

is ok lola getting bigger every day then they might think twice
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
go on bite her! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : lola esme
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

go on bite her! Empty Re: go on bite her!

Post by lolalollypop Sat Jan 15 2011, 18:13

lol just realised they stay well clear of esme though maybe i should let her deal with em
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
go on bite her! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Sat Jan 15 2011, 18:15

Seriously John, I hope Lola never ever bites another dog, it would just get you both into trouble.

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Sat Jan 15 2011, 18:18

i know i know they just realy do my head in especialy when shes on lead and they are loose shes only 5 month old and they terorise her
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
go on bite her! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sat Jan 15 2011, 18:24

I know exactly what you mean! We have the same thing happen with Molly, I feel like slapping the the owners and telling them to control their dogs!
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 18:34

lolalollypop wrote:i know i know they just realy do my head in especialy when shes on lead and they are loose shes only 5 month old and they terorise her

she is going to get aggressive by being bullied if you do not start standing up for her, if the energy is bad from the other dog don't let it near yours full stop stand between them use your foot if you have to NOT kick i just mean creat a barrier and remain calm then when the other dog has calmed down let it interact with yours calmly or if it walked away carry on with your walk. If the other owners ask questions just simply say. I do not want my dog learning bad behaviour from yours, becasue thats what it is when they come jumping all over the place its disrespectful whether they do playfully or aggressively, a nice calm approach it just fine perfect even.
The other dogs may even learn from this as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Sat Jan 15 2011, 19:25

Believe me I do stand up for her hence the not making friends comment and I did state at the beginning that I never want her to be violent.
The reason I put this up was to vent my frustration at the other dogs and owners acting like they do maybe explainedmyself wrongly
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
go on bite her! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jan 15 2011, 19:38

We meet them all the time. Instance my dog walker (my best mate lol) was out last night, another owner with a staff off lead in the park, Moo goes over for a little sniff and this guy shouts "get your ****ing dog away from mine!" and then went inot a proper rant. Well if yours is off lead then mine saying hello (as she is ultra friendly but not boisterous) is fine!

Odd bod!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sat Jan 15 2011, 19:50

It's sometimes very hard to get your dog away from another dog, especially when the owner doesn't have their dog under control and it follows you. If I'm honest, as much as I love Molly, I would not put myself between her and another dog if I thought things were going to get aggressive, I would drag her if I had to, and I would probably scream my head off to the owner. But I am not risking being bitten by a dog and it going to court etc etc.
I can fully understand where John is coming from, we've had to actually stop a play session on the beach with Molly because a labrador wouldn't leave Molly alone.
I don't believe a dog will become aggressive if they are 'bullied' they may become withdrawn instead. I do wish sometimes that Molly would just turn and snap at the dog, she has done once before, and blood was actually drawn, the dog left her alone, the owner didn't even care. I wouldn't want it to happen again, but I can understand why some owners make their staffies, and other dogs, look bigger and 'harder' with spiked collars etc, it keeps other people away and makes people think twice about having their dogs near yours, which in some cases is a good think, like at a beach when you're trying to have a game of ball with JUST your own dog, and you don't want any other dogs involved.
But all that's just my opinion, sadly most owners just let their dogs run riot and then wonder why they get snapped at by other dogs (and their owners).
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sat Jan 15 2011, 19:52

Janey wrote:We meet them all the time. Instance my dog walker (my best mate lol) was out last night, another owner with a staff off lead in the park, Moo goes over for a little sniff and this guy shouts "get your ****ing dog away from mine!" and then went inot a proper rant. Well if yours is off lead then mine saying hello (as she is ultra friendly but not boisterous) is fine!

Odd bod!

I HATE people like that, if you don't want other dogs near yours, keep them on a flaming lead. We've come across plenty of people who have staffs and have them in a short lead and will walk away from Molly with a small smile as if to say "I'd rather they didn't meet"
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 21:39

Milly is so soft I feel sorry for her one of my earlier post was about Milly running home because a big lab jumped on her. I have started just lately getting people with dogs giving her the eye, the other night someone with a yorkshire terrier crossed over till we had got passed then crossed back. No one has said anything to me yet or made comments but I feel sorry for the first one that does.

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Sat Jan 15 2011, 21:46

[quote=" the other night someone with a yorkshire terrier crossed over till we had got passed then crossed back. No one has said anything to me yet or made comments but I feel sorry for the first one that does.[/quote]

Yes, we've had that happen on a few occasions. People HAVE said things to me before though, probably because I'm only 5.2 I keep a stock of answers for them, I've perfected my answers over the years and the people who say things to me feel stupid and wish they hadn't - you can see it in their eyes >Smile

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 21:49

whmon wrote:[quote=" the other night someone with a yorkshire terrier crossed over till we had got passed then crossed back. No one has said anything to me yet or made comments but I feel sorry for the first one that does.

Yes, we've had that happen on a few occasions. People HAVE said things to me before though, probably because I'm only 5.2 I keep a stock of answers for them, I've perfected my answers over the years and the people who say things to me feel stupid and wish they hadn't - you can see it in their eyes >Smile [/quote]

you should share some of them then we can all use them what maks me laugh is the old lady just down the road who is late 70's loves Milly and knows around the time we take her out comes to th gate ad gives her a treat says she stans in window waiting for us lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 22:08

Awww Tracie that is so cute... As i child i used to go and feed 2 "lassie" ( collie) dogs. They would wait every morning in a huge glass window for me.. the old lady would bring them out so i could pat them and give them some treats.
I used to spend most days with my nannna as a child and it was the high light of the morning.
People over here love staffy's we dont have much of that..
more here with GSD and Rotti's

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Sat Jan 15 2011, 22:11

Tracie-Milly-Moos Mum wrote:
whmon wrote:[quote=" the other night someone with a yorkshire terrier crossed over till we had got passed then crossed back. No one has said anything to me yet or made comments but I feel sorry for the first one that does.

Yes, we've had that happen on a few occasions. People HAVE said things to me before though, probably because I'm only 5.2 I keep a stock of answers for them, I've perfected my answers over the years and the people who say things to me feel stupid and wish they hadn't - you can see it in their eyes >Smile

you should share some of them then we can all use them what maks me laugh is the old lady just down the road who is late 70's loves Milly and knows around the time we take her out comes to th gate ad gives her a treat says she stans in window waiting for us lol[/quote]

Heeeheee OK,
My 3 favourites are:
1. (to a fat person) ''You should take your dog out more often, it's not getting enough exercise'' They ALWAYS reply that they do take their dog out often, to which you then reply ''Well obviously you don't otherwise you wouldn't have such a fat backside''

2. (fat person again) In a loud, disappointed voice you say ''Oh, I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly''

3. (to a person implying they don't want their dog near yours) In a very snobby voice you tell them, ''No, I don't want my dog to associate with yours either, because that would mean I'd have to stand here talking to you, and quite frankly, I'm choosy''

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 22:14

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor love them all really just made me laugh hope ~I can remember them and do the staffy club proud good job

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Jan 15 2011, 22:55

My girl can interact with others shes fine but the dog is a no no he just wants to fight and has to be kept on his lead.
I say to people when they approach with there dogs that 1 bites and they thank me most times and most dogs take 1 look at him and turn away they no he dont want to play.
My boy did have a fight with someones dog off lead and I got some lovely scars on my arms seperating them Crying or Very sad
So I guess would you put your dog on the lead if someone was coming the other way and they had there dog on a lead?
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Sat Jan 15 2011, 23:06

Yes, I always put Buster on a lead if I see another dog coming. Whether the other dog is on a lead or not because with a strange dog, you don't know what will happen.

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jan 15 2011, 23:07

Moo is very submissive but, yes, If I see another dog on lead I pop her back on. For whatever reason there's is on I still like to know mine is safe too. Could be for any reason but its just easier in a park. Luckly we have some ace woods near me and to be honest I don't see her 4 ages, she's off. I trust her though. She comes back when I call!

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 23:09

I have to put Milly on her lead or she would run home Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by whmon Sat Jan 15 2011, 23:15

To be honest, Buster is only ever off-lead when we are alone and there are no blind corners for other dogs to suddenly appear around, or when we are with his doggy mates and no blind corners.

It's because there is one particular dog that Buster really wants to have a go at (long story to do with a rabbit.) I can't take the risk that the dog will appear and Buster will take his grudge out on him.

whmon
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 15 2011, 23:18

whmon wrote:To be honest, Buster is only ever off-lead when we are alone and there are no blind corners for other dogs to suddenly appear around, or when we are with his doggy mates and no blind corners.

It's because there is one particular dog that Buster really wants to have a go at (long story to do with a rabbit.) I can't take the risk that the dog will appear and Buster will take his grudge out on him.

My brothers dog Masey is a staff and she is the most beautiful dog a lab kept getting her, one day Masey put it in it's place needless to say the lab leaves her alone now and even the labs owner said it's wot the lab needed

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Jan 15 2011, 23:48

The reason I asked was I had a right set too with a woman one day she said I had no right to be walking my dog when I knew he was not freindly as he was a risk to others. cheeky thing said that when I had my boy lifted up cause she couldnt control hers and I didnt want any trouble, and I wouldnt care she was in my field Surprised
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Sun Jan 16 2011, 00:45

Glad it isn't just me grrr hope it's her husband walkin the dog tomorrow see if he calls mea yob
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
go on bite her! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sun Jan 16 2011, 10:16

I live in a pretty small village, with a lot of older people, they all love Molly, they all stop and give her a fuss, it's the people with younger children who tend to literally pull their children away from her.

In regards to being on the lead or not, if we have Molly's boomer ball with us, Leaim will crouch down on the floor, holding the boomer ball in one hand, Mollys collar in the other and this keeps her calm whilst other dogs are around.

If we don't have her ball, her lead goes on and we keep her attention, we don't tend to walk away because then the dog comes bounding over and she gets overly excited, so we wait and see how things turn out, we constantly talk to her in a soft voice, praising her the entire time and things usually go well.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 17 2011, 13:39

lolalollypop wrote:Believe me I do stand up for her hence the not making friends comment and I did state at the beginning that I never want her to be violent.
The reason I put this up was to vent my frustration at the other dogs and owners acting like they do maybe explainedmyself wrongly

I did understand it but then you said they jump all over her so the other dogs do get close enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by lolalollypop Mon Jan 17 2011, 16:07

ok......the dog that was jumping all over her came from behind us and as soon as i realised what was happening i did shoo the dog away then ended up arguing with the owner.yes in theory you can keep a eagle eye out for approaching dogs and stand and block them but to be honest in practice thats very rarely going to work.if a loose dog wants to sniff play or attack your dog doesnt matter how much you block its gunna get round you.
lolalollypop
lolalollypop
go on bite her! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down