natures:menu raw frozen nuggets..

3 posters

Go down

natures:menu raw frozen nuggets.. Empty natures:menu raw frozen nuggets..

Post by Rachel33 Fri Aug 17 2012, 16:59

I would really like to move Biscuit onto a raw diet, she flat out refuses to eat kibble and since reading up on it think it's a good idea. The problem is, I have a very tiny freezer and i'm a vegetarian, so cutting up all of those body parts makes me a little squeamish.. I've found natures:menu already blended frozen nuggets, I was wondering if anybody has used them, and how do you know how much to feed? Are there weight charts etc? And are they expensive in the long run? I have a limited budget being at university etc..

I already use the same brand's training treats, and her kong is generally just filled with fruits and vegetables with the occasional bit of cheese. I get worried about upsetting the balance and it all seems so complicated... Does anyone have any advice?
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

natures:menu raw frozen nuggets.. Empty Re: natures:menu raw frozen nuggets..

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17 2012, 18:33

I feed RAW but I don't ever need to cut anything up. Only time I handle the meat is when it's frozen and I put meal portions into freezer bags. I do however have a big chest freezer that I got 2nd hand. Always check 2nd hand shops etc for a cheap one.
I've not used any natures:menu before so can't comment. What is your budget / week? It costs me about £1 / day to feed RAW.

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Fri Aug 17 2012, 18:43

Hi,
I use Nature's Menu treats as well:-)
I have not tried their frozen raw food but thanks to a link posted here I discovered Honey's and it's great, Stella started eating it earlier this week:-)
I ordered the veg-free recipe.
I have the low freezer which fits under the counter in the kitchen and the month supply takes 2 out of its 3 shelves.
They are really nice so you could try to call them and ask about more frequent delivery of smaller amounts but it would cost more on delivery costs. They post it in insulated boxes overnight.
All their meat is free range etc., no factory farmed animals - it is important for me as well to know that the animals who end up as Stella's meal have at least some life before...
http://honeysrealdogfood.com/ingredients.php
Good Luck Xx
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
natures:menu raw frozen nuggets.. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17 2012, 18:57

Yes it will be more expensive in the long run to feed them, plus i personally do not like them.

I feed prey model raw, so i don't cut anything up just chunk whole foods to the boys and it works out at about 60p a day altogether not each to feed the boys this way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17 2012, 18:59

Still have no idea how you mange that for that price. I seen prices at DAF. Do you have an artic that brings your order Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17 2012, 19:00

haha Laughing i just order an uber amount each time

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Fri Aug 17 2012, 19:41

Yes I used to feed Stella big chunks of meaty bones as well and she loved it when she was small but then she stopped eating them...she only ate chicken wings with bones last couple of months. And no offals at all. So Honey's is fantastic for her and me personally.
But I am amazed and slightly envious of the price you are able to feed your dogs:-o I am thinking I could have at least one new Desigual piece every months if I was able to feed Stella a wee bit cheaper:-o
But as long as she is happy I am happy:-)
Xx
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
natures:menu raw frozen nuggets.. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17 2012, 20:13

I'm afraid i'm a tough mum on the boys if they refuse food (yer right Rolling Eyes ) then they would get nothing else until they ate it

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sat Aug 18 2012, 11:13

Ah Marie that website is perfect thank you so much! Makes things a lot easier, i've done a load of reading on raw but just find it all so confusing, and due to limited time would like to be out exercising her rather than getting muddled up blending foods, so ready made is ideal!

Ella i've seen some of your raw posts, your dogs are very very lucky! The pigs head reminded me of the saw films though ahah was terrifying!

Mike, i'm spending about £30 a month at the moment, kept her on the food that she was on in the rescue centre which is tripe! Thank you for the tips Smile i'm living in such a tiny rented house at the moment and don't think i'd have space for a big freezer, but ONE DAY i'm going to have my own doggy kitchen and a paddock and then i'll feed raw fully!
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18 2012, 14:30

I will say duck that i spend no time at all sorting the food for the boys, it takes me as long as would kibble feeders to feed my two.

Nothing is cut up, blended whatever so they certainly don't miss out on exercise Smile

Hahaha Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by saffi28 Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:24

[quote="maria0077"]Yes I used to feed Stella big chunks of meaty bones as well and she loved it when she was small but then she stopped eating them...she only ate chicken wings with bones last couple of months. And no offals at all. So Honey's is fantastic for her and me personally.
But I am amazed and slightly envious of the price you are able to feed your dogs:-o I am thinking I could have at least one new Desigual piece every months if I was able to feed Stella a wee bit cheaper:-o
But as long as she is happy I am happy:-)
Xx[/I have been using Honeys now for a couple of months. I invested in a freezer to go in the garage and order their food monthly. They helped me with the switch over, calculated how much to feed my dogs and are only too happy to speak to you over the phone if there are any concerns. I actually enjoy watching my dogs eat. They both look terrific and really look forward to their food, crunching on lamb necks, chicken wings, ribs, etc. The Company only use non-factory farmed animals so I feel happier also in that way. There is so much conflicting information with regards to food but all I know is that they are only now getting good quality meat with no additives, grains or colourings. I have my own chickens so they have fresh eggs and I also buy them a fish each week for the fish oil content. Admittedly not exceptionally cheap but I would rather eat beans on toast than feed my girls poor quality food]
saffi28
saffi28
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Roxie (Rocker Dog) and Maisey
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 5 and a half
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down