Really hope someone is on line ............

+3
Jackieb
stella
Pollyanna
7 posters

Go down

Really hope someone is on line ............ Empty Really hope someone is on line ............

Post by Pollyanna Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:07

I have just come in from the gardent and Lily was chewing on something I didn't recognise. It was a pack of barbecue lighting cubes and it was well chewed and part of it was empty. Its not mine which means some * has thrown them over - scuse language. I have no way of knowing if she has eaten any or if it was half empty when it was thrown and don't know what to do - oh says they are paraffin based. I was going to ring the vet but thought of you guys. She seems OK at the moment but have only just found it. Surely they would taste so awful she wouldn't eat them - I am hoping she has just chewed on the packaging and not eaten any of the cubes. What's the worst that can happen?
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Really hope someone is on line ............ Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Really hope someone is on line ............ Empty Re: Really hope someone is on line ............

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:11

I wouldn't have a clue what's in them. If she seems fine, I wouldn't worry too much, just keep a close eye on her. Someone may come along though and correct me in a minute, I'm really not sure. I would get her to drink some water and just keep a good eye on her for a while.

Back to top Go down

Really hope someone is on line ............ Empty Re: Really hope someone is on line ............

Post by Pollyanna Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:15

Thanks Shontelle - I did try giving her a drink but you know what they're like if they have a mind not to Smile
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:17

sorry cant help much either,i would say she might start being sick if she has eaten any of them,just keep close eye on her and call vet if any thing starts alarming you,like shontelle said try and get her to drink water,let us know how she is.
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:17

Keep a close eye on her, so long ad she is normal self n eating drinking she should be ok. Keep hold of the packaging in case u need to call the vet xx
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:19

Will echo what the others have said, I'm not one to rush to the vets anymore (staffs handle most things) just keep a close eye Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:30

OK will do, thanks for all your help - she's gone asleep at my feet now so am on hand if anything untoward happens. I'm just so disappointed at my stupid neighbours.
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:31

It might be worth you having a word and say that you are f=genuinely concerned about your dog's health.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:47

shontelle wrote:It might be worth you having a word and say that you are f=genuinely concerned about your dog's health.

I might just do that, there are 3 possibles. Its not as if she is a nuisance to any of them - she doesn't even bark in the garden.
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:51

I googled...looks like most are paraffin or claim to be non-toxic (as in who wants toxins near your food)? And sound like she didn't get much. I bet you're ok.
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12 2012, 21:57

sorry just seen this thread yes as said in the last post bbq lighters are non toxic so should be fine may give a runny bottom as can have an laxitive effect

PS

DONT SMOKE WHILE PICKING UP DOG MESS THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Sun Aug 12 2012, 22:14

That's a relief - already having warnings, she won't stop farting and it stinks to high heaven. Oh joy Big Grin
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13 2012, 01:36

Hope she is doing okay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13 2012, 11:48

How's Lily this morning? Can you hold a lighted match behind her without her setting fire to the place yet? Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Mon Aug 13 2012, 13:22

Neighbours can be a real pain in the *.

I caught one of mine this morning spraying weedkiller through the fence. Yes, he was trying to treat his own weeds his side, but the spray was clearly coming through between the slats and my two foster dogs were responding to his spray gun by nuzzling against the fence.

Have taken them both inside now and been out to wash away whatever has come through.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Mon Aug 13 2012, 17:53

Caryll wrote:How's Lily this morning? Can you hold a lighted match behind her without her setting fire to the place yet? Big Grin

Ha ha - I'm wating for someone else to risk it - not me!! Big Grin

She didn't eat her breakfast and has been sick a couple of times - but seems relatively OK in herself. I didn't bother with the vet in view of the general consensus. She has been out for a walk which she was happy to do and I did think she was a bit quiet unitl she tried to rag the neighbours cairn terrier through the gate when it passed by - which is normal for her Smile

I did panic when she first did it though (the fire lighters, not the cairn terrier) Big Grin .
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 13 2012, 19:02

Working dog wrote:Neighbours can be a real pain in the *.

I caught one of mine this morning spraying weedkiller through the fence. Yes, he was trying to treat his own weeds his side, but the spray was clearly coming through between the slats and my two foster dogs were responding to his spray gun by nuzzling against the fence.

Have taken them both inside now and been out to wash away whatever has come through.

Why don't people think? at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomos 2 Mon Aug 13 2012, 19:11

Glad to hear Lilys still herself, hope she gets her appetite back soon. Smile

Why do dogs do this, we put a plate of dog food down & they stick there nose up at it but they"d be more than happy to eat anything else!
Thomos 2
Thomos 2

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : enzo & enya
Dog(s) Ages : 6months
Dog Gender(s) : male & female
Support total : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Mon Aug 13 2012, 19:54

Thomos 2 wrote:

Why do dogs do this, we put a plate of dog food down & they stick there nose up at it but they"d be more than happy to eat anything else!

You are so right - OH said that if we had put them in her bowl she wouldn't have been interested Smile
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Tue Aug 14 2012, 16:50

I thought this problem had been resolved but Lily is still being sick today so going to vets later. Sad
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 17:32

Aw, poor Lily - let us know how you get on.

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Tue Aug 14 2012, 18:04

hope she gets sorted out by the vets,poor lily >Big Grin<
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 18:38

any news on Lily hurry up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Tue Aug 14 2012, 19:02

Just got back from the vets. He said its unlikely to be the firelighters especially 2 days down the line. He said that its not the sort of thing that staffies would find palatable - much rather have a week old dead seagull!!! He thinks she probably just had a good old munch on the box without swallowing the lighters. He thinks she has gastro enteritis and has given her 2 injections and I have to take her back tomorrow. Have to keep her off the food until he has seen her again. Thanks for thinking about her Smile
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 19:09

Poor little girl, I bet she's feeling sorry for herself.

So true about the dead seagull, though. I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14 2012, 19:11

well keep us posted Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down