What do you love the most about a Staffie?

+17
Steviec
Charlene_Frank
Fez
Jackieb
Staffiesrus
micheled
asa-james
alexiastra
Staffy lover
Chantel
steve76
Laws
Taryn
stella
yabbiebee
Kathy
janey
21 posters

Go down

What do you love the most about a Staffie? Empty What do you love the most about a Staffie?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09 2012, 19:14

What is it about Staffies that you love the most? Is it a something in their build? Is it a look or perhaps something that they do which is typical of the breed.

For me it is their bum! And laying on the cool floor like a frog, oh and their happy staffie smiles Big Grin

Back to top Go down

What do you love the most about a Staffie? Empty Re: What do you love the most about a Staffie?

Post by janey Thu Aug 09 2012, 19:16

Every little thing about her Love Struck
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

What do you love the most about a Staffie? Empty Re: What do you love the most about a Staffie?

Post by Kathy Thu Aug 09 2012, 19:44

Rocky is a staffy cross/ ?? border collie or something else?? but to my hubby and I he is a staffy.

What do I love the most-everything about him, far too many things to list individualy. Big Grin
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by yabbiebee Thu Aug 09 2012, 19:58

I love the frog leg thingy too lol. Love watching her play with the kids the most tho, oh and shes loves her cuddles and she just learnt she can jump on the trampoline lol now look got me starting a list lol
yabbiebee
yabbiebee
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tink
Dog(s) Ages : 15 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu Aug 09 2012, 20:05

i love the way they welcome you when you come in,their so pleased to see you their bums look like they are gonna wiggle off!and then you get smothered with staffy kisses,now there the best Love Struck
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Thu Aug 09 2012, 20:19

Romeo is so sookie... he really likies to be with me and REALLY LOVES ME....ALOT. he's always smiling... and i must say... i always get a smile out of watching all the exspressions he makes and the way his ears flop about when he plods about
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laws Thu Aug 09 2012, 21:32

I love their build , that they play hard , their un co ordinated fairy elephantness , their smiles , the way they act like they havent seen you FOREVER even if you have only been gone five mins , the way they try and sit on your head just to get even closer to you .... oh i could go on and on haha
Laws
Laws
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Ziggy
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09 2012, 21:59

I like their personalities and endless energy, well most of the time I love their energy.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Thu Aug 09 2012, 22:11

they're eagerness to please and affection towards children, hate the smell that's left behind sick
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09 2012, 22:21

For me its the ears and eyes and heart face. I just motoboat the top of lexis head all the time cause its so cute. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10 2012, 08:51

I love that everything they do is full throttle, especially loving and playing. I love seeing them play with kids and I love that they are so eager to please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chantel Fri Aug 10 2012, 10:08

I love everything about them. Also have a thing for the bum though, Maska has these cute little swirls of hair on each bum.
Also, they just always seem to be happy. I just look at Maksa or Loki and the tails start wagging. My little happy tails.
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Fri Aug 10 2012, 12:50

I just love everything, the bum thing, the happy staffy smile, the crazy hour they get, the forever love they have for you. The lovely smile I get off Pixee each time we go walkies when she races pass me, the fun on the locks, she always loves to run up and down those steps barking at me. Oh the list is just endless............... Love Struck
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Fri Aug 10 2012, 20:00

I love Dora's enthusiasm. I love Dora's happy face when we play. I love her ears. But most of all I love her cuddles on the sofa.
She is currently competing with the laptop for space on my lap Smile
alexiastra
alexiastra
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What do you love the most about a Staffie? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dora
Support total : 28

http://www.alexandrabuckle.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10 2012, 21:41

The happy look on Tommy's face as he "puppy bounds" up to you from a distance, and for Tilly the pure excitement going through her body when I walk through the door , and I will be experiencing it in approx 5.5 hrs after being away all week Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 10 2012, 22:39

Dave wrote:The happy look on Tommy's face as he "puppy bounds" up to you from a distance, and for Tilly the pure excitement going through her body when I walk through the door , and I will be experiencing it in approx 5.5 hrs after being away all week Big Grin

Love Struck
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Fri Aug 10 2012, 22:47

The hugs. Paw on either shoulder and head to one side, I love that.

The really odd noise if a room full of people ignore her for long enough, always cracks me up

Her "defensive" bark and growl when she hears the back door open, usually followed by hiding behind the legs of the nearest person

The smile

The way she gets excited when you walk in, then runs off and grabs a toy to show you just how good she's been Smile

The way they sit, the frog dog lie down, the "staffy stance" when she's not entirely sure of something (front legs straight, shoulders wide, back legs trailing)
asa-james
asa-james

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Sat Aug 11 2012, 14:53

I love that Cal is so happy. She loves everything and everyone. She sits and quivers when she sees new people because she so wants to make friends. And I love her spirit, everything is full out.

And I love that she loves us so much. I've never known such an affectionate dog.

Physically I love her big blocky head and chest, and the frog thing and when she sleeps on her back with everything hanging out:)

Is that too much?
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Sat Aug 11 2012, 15:31

What do I love THE MOST? Their confidence!!

Staffiesrus

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 11 2012, 16:29

forgot to add " Because they are a staffie and I am proud to own 2 of the best temperament dogs (besides all the other staffies) that the world has ever known.
When was the last time you met a bruiser on a night out that wanted to kiss you to within an inch of your life, thats our boys and girls Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sat Aug 11 2012, 20:09

Everything about mine is unconditional.

I could be in a bad mood or stressed and Diesel will nuzzle my arm as if to tell ms to snap out of it. She gives the best cuddles, I've often said to my OH she seems really in tune to us as a family.

Nothing beats the love felt from a proper staffy snuggle

X
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Sat Aug 11 2012, 21:02

This is a great thread btw...I am really enjoying what you all say...thinking, yup, she does that, yup, does that too...
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Fez Sat Aug 11 2012, 21:52

Definitely the little sexy * wiggle when they run! The gorgeous eyes aswel, they have a look in their eye's that makes ya feel they adore you!
Fez
Fez
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Sat Aug 11 2012, 21:57

Also the way they run at a slight angle!!

Staffiesrus

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Fez Sat Aug 11 2012, 22:06

tartan wrote:Also the way they run at a slight angle!!
Haha yeah it's hard to explain that angled "trot" stroke * wiggle
Fez
Fez

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Thu Aug 16 2012, 14:11

I LOVE the look Frank gives me when i lick his nose!! Its the most confusing thing ever for him ... i love how when its thunder he shakes like a leaf but wont let me in a room till he has checked it out

and Tara .. her cozies are just amazing .. and i like when i get home and look at the window .. there she is everyday looking out the windown just waiting on one of us for her to greet at the door!!

they really are the best!! Smile xx
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Frank and Tara
Dog(s) Ages : 19 Months and 21 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Steviec Fri Aug 17 2012, 09:02

personally i think they're a stunning looking dog, pup or adult. again i agree with numerous things already written. I love the staffie stance and also watching a staffie on a walk or sideways walk.

Cassius loves to be close and will lie in surely the most uncomfortable positions just to be close to me.

that guilt they have when you've told them off for doing something wrong and they're sucking up trying to make up....ignoring that is hard.
Steviec
Steviec

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Cassius
Dog(s) Ages : Born 24/5/2012
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Aug 17 2012, 09:05

I love the frog-legs thing, and also the weird noises they make!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stevi3 Fri Aug 17 2012, 12:50

I love it when I get up in the morning and go down stairs and Blaze goes and lifts his toy and does this low growl at me to play with him, also there muscular definition, stance and temperament.
stevi3
stevi3
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blaze
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Dog
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Fri Aug 17 2012, 14:22

Similar to everyone else in the way of the frog legged sprawl and the crazy waggy tail if you so much as glance in their direction! The mad greeting you get after leaving the house for five minutes.

I LOVE their passion and determination when channeled in the right way. Their cheeky little smiles and the way that they HAVE to investigate EVERYTHING as fast as possible and will go in full tilt.. act first, think later! (Biscuit tried to play with the printer this morning, and then ran away as fast as she could when the paper started coming out...)

Biscuit just makes me laugh every single day, just the other morning she figured out how to get into the front room when we were out (by headbutting the door open), so after we fixed the lock we went outside and watched her through the window. Sure enough she came zooming downstairs and ran full tilt into the door and low and behold it magically was stuck and didn't open anymore!! Still giggle when I think about it now, she looked so confused the cheeky little madam! Wish this thread could be shown to every person that judges the breed before they've even met one of the dogs. Shows the true side of the staffy Smile
Rachel33
Rachel33

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kandn Fri Aug 17 2012, 20:08

With Nike, it's her: fat little behind, full body wiggles, cuddles, that longing she has in her eyes when she looks up at me sometimes, her smile, the "wooooo woooooooooo" she makes when she's excited, her frog leg army crawl, the SNORING!!!, her sitting pose.... Oh the list could go on forever!!! Big Grin

As a recent staffie owner, I have to say - I've had other breeds and although I love all dogs, Staffies really are a laugh a minute breed. Their muscular chests sure hold some big hearts Love Struck

Kandn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nike
Dog(s) Ages : 9
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down