Stella won't eat...

Go down

Stella won't eat... Empty Stella won't eat...

Post by maria0077 Thu Aug 02 2012, 11:06

Hi,
woul'd you have any idea whether Rilexine can couse anorexia?
http://www.vetgb.com/vetgb_pdfs/rilexine_4002_vetgb.pdf
Stella had to take it because of some skin infection caused by rubbing harness, she has been taking it 13 days from Friday 20 July until yesterday evening. She was neutered on 19 August and got first dose of antibiotics as an injection when she was under.
I was giving her prebiotics at the same time (Yumpro BioActiv and Protexin Pro-Kolin paste).
But she slowly went off her food. Now she only eats chicken wings and raw turkey meat....and much smaller amount, definitely not the 400-500 grams (2-3% of her weight).
She has already lost some weight which is not a bad thing because she was a bit chubby but nevertheless it worries me a lot now....
She is very energetic, though, she looks as full of energy as I have not seen her for last couple of weeks. But she turns into a truly depressed doggy when I show her her bowl with food.
I would like her to start eating dog food (some wet mixed with dry maybe, Orijen etc.) but she won't touch this either, at all.
WOuld you have any ideas of any irresistable food - healthy and nutritious at the same time please?
Thanks!
Xx
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Stella won't eat... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Stella won't eat... Empty Re: Stella won't eat...

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02 2012, 12:17

What were you feeding her before?

If it was commercial food, have you thought about going over to raw, as it sounds like she enjoys it?

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Thu Aug 02 2012, 14:17

Hi Caryll,
cheers, yes she has been eating raw before!
But before she was eating more types and she was happy crunching it - lamb ribs, chicken carcasses, wee birds they sell in Sainsbury's called Poussin, salmon, lamb hearts (these had to be boiled).
But I do not know where to get it at reasonable prices. I was looking into online suppliers... Because in Sainsbury's and Morrisons it costs over 100 pounds per month to feed her so it is why I sometimes think about switching her to industrial dog food...and then I see how she does not like it at all and how her poo gets bigger and smellier and I give up and go and buy her meat again...:-)

But I am worried she does not eat offals. She would not touch liver or kidneys no matter how - raw, boiled, quick fried.... So only offals she eats are dried tripes now and she used to eat boiled lamb hearts but then I read hearts are considered meat not offal so I am worried she does not get what she needs.

I give her yolks and salmon oil and goat's milk as well.

I would love to continue with the raw diet. I believe it is the best I can do for her...

I am hoping her appetite will return in couple of days when she finished the atbs now. And I will hopefully find some suitable meat somewhere online to cut the costs somehow.

Cheers Tongues
Xx
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Stella won't eat... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down