He wont eat anything..

3 posters

Go down

He wont eat anything.. Empty He wont eat anything..

Post by citybeatx Sat May 28 2011, 13:07

I know this forum is mainly for Staffys but I have a little problem with my 7 month old JRT, he doesnt want to eat.. none of his dog meat or biscuits. I havent changed his diet so it couldnt be this. I tried giving him different food but it doesnt work either. He doesnt even wanna eat the food I eat. Not sure what could be going on.. Any ideas?
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
He wont eat anything.. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

He wont eat anything.. Empty Re: He wont eat anything..

Post by Aniemother Sat May 28 2011, 13:27

How is he getting along with sexual maturity? That can sometimes make them loose interest in food for a while.. How long has it lasted? Does he eat a little, just less than normal? How is his condition, is he getting too skinny? Might be good to take him to the vet to rule out anything serious if it lasts for a while.
Aniemother
Aniemother
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by citybeatx Sat May 28 2011, 13:33

It's only been a few days, he eats much less than before. And well everytime he walks up to the female doggy, he gets over-excited. And when Poppy is eating, he keeps watching her eating. We try our hardest to feed him with stuff that has got lots of fat in it but sometimes he's just not interested. And he's lost some weight but he's also had a lot of exercise in the last few weeks.

He acts absolutely fine outside, sometimes at home when he's moody and asleep, he'll snap at me or my mum. He hasn't been sick or anything, he doesnt seem ill either.
citybeatx
citybeatx
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
He wont eat anything.. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy & JRT Mylo.
Dog Gender(s) : Female/Male.
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Sat May 28 2011, 13:47

Then I wouldn't fuss about it - give him less food than normal so that hopefully he'll finish what you give him. Only have it available for a set time (like 10 minutes) and after that you remove it and give him food again at the next meal. You could even skip his meal(s) for a day to make him a little hungry.. You can give him at least a week or two as long as he seems healthy.
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Sat May 28 2011, 14:48

well i hope your not getting the same prob i have at the mo , dakota stopped eating and is just coming round from surgery having a piece of rubber removed from her lower intestine , but then you could see she wasn't herself
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 28 2011, 16:51

I wouldn't be happy for a normally well-eating dog to sudden;y go off his food for any length of time.

I would do as Ane says and just put his food down for a set time - if it isn't eaten it gets taken up again & no more offered until next feed time. If it goes on for too much longer (and there's no sign of him being ill) I'd look at changing his food. Maybe he needs something different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29 2011, 14:51

Alot of people have mixed a little tuna with their dogs biscuits, or you could try webbox dog sausages, i know it is only crappy meat and water but with everything he needs comeing from the biscuits he should be alright, webbox is like a paste and smothers each biscuits and their cheap to buy as well.
My sis had to put her boxer on them sinse nothing else worked, stella (the boxer) gained weight and got her apetite back too. My sis has now got her dog shadow on them with his recommended daily amount of biscuits and the sausage to make it more smell and apetising for dogs and he is looking a lot fitter also.
I had Cassie on the sausages as well as her food and puppy food towards the end of her pregnancy to help boost things up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down