Snapping!!

Go down

Snapping!! Empty Snapping!!

Post by Sky blue staff Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:48

Hi having a great time with Skye she's 9 weeks old now and we've had her for 2.couple of questions I could do with help with please,she's fine with me as regard to nipping but when the kids are around she get too excited and will nip them,how do I teach her to stop this?,I know she's only playing though!!also sometimes when I tell her no or down she will snap her jaws together a few times in the air,is this a sign of aggression or is she just displaying her unhappiness at what she has been asked to do?? Thanks in advance

Sky blue staff
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : skye
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Snapping!! Empty Re: Snapping!!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:49

Sky blue staff wrote:Hi having a great time with Skye she's 9 weeks old now and we've had her for 2.couple of questions I could do with help with please,she's fine with me as regard to nipping but when the kids are around she get too excited and will nip them,how do I teach her to stop this?,I know she's only playing though!!also sometimes when I tell her no or down she will snap her jaws together a few times in the air,is this a sign of aggression or is she just displaying her unhappiness at what she has been asked to do?? Thanks in advance

She's pushing her luck , Tommy does very similar things at 14 weeks certainly not aggression

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:56

Loki's snapped at the air a few times with me, so I dunno what that is. As for the nipping...that's my main problem with Loki, so I can't help with that in itself, but there are different techniques (saying no and then turning away to ignore her, putting her in the yard or different room for a few minutes, saying no and giving her something she can chew on, etc.), but whatever technique you decide to use, just be consistent with it and keep patient and it'll eventually pay off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:21

Just normaly puppy behaviour testing the rules and pushing the boundries Laughing
Like already said being consistant and calm is the key. In time it will improve if you stick to your guns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:47

Definately not aggression at that age. Here is a link that will help stop the nipping

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/stopyourstaffypuppybiting.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01 2012, 21:49

Here's anthor link about pups and kids

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/staffiepupsandyoungchildren.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down