Staffords & cats

4 posters

Go down

Staffords & cats Empty Staffords & cats

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 13:49

Ive seen a few pics on here of staffords with cats but why is is most (ignorent to staffs) people look horrified when they know i have 2 staffies and 2 bengal cross cats Rolling Eyes
Would love to see photos of some more staffords with cats Big Grin
Heres my mob

Zero & Alf (hes a very "over sized" cat lol)
Staffords & cats IMGP4911a
Staffords & cats IMGP4766
Staffords & cats IMGP4673

Mazda & Alf
Staffords & cats MazAlf
Staffords & cats Photo148
Staffords & cats 11092008216

Even Mazda with Mouse (waaay to snobby to mix with dogs attitude Laughing )
Staffords & cats 22082008191

Back to top Go down

Staffords & cats Empty Re: Staffords & cats

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 14:39

Gorg piks! .. that fourth one is adorable! lol .. its like theyre having a deep meaningful conversation! haha

Alot of people would rather listen to horror storys than become educated on the breed and see them for what they truley are .. Loyal loving and amazing breeds! .. unless you own/owned one you will never no how amazing they are, i always say, its not the breed most the time, its the owner! any dog can become aggressive towards people or other animals if not brought up properly etc. not just staffys! it annoys me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 14:58

I have some lovely pics of my boy with our two kittens - yes kittens! And no, he's never hurt them. I do occassionaly have to tell him to play nice cos sometimes he gets a bit excited and a litttle too rough but then again, he is only 13 weeks old. I'll post the pics when I get a chance.

It's the same ignorance thatyou get with staffies and children. I have 3 children, the youngest being 3 year old twins and my family and some of my friends were dead set against me getting a staffy becauseof all the stories in the media about staffies attacking children. Half the time these dogs arent even staffies and we never hear the full story. I did my own research on staffies and loved everything I heard and read about them. Since having Charlie, I can honestly say I am forever converted to this breed. He's only a pup and I know there's gonna be some challenges, but I'll work with him and raise him to be the best dog he can be and show the ignorant people out there what a staffy is REALLY like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 15:13

Thats one of my fav pix lol (they need a "wide load" sticker) Laughing

My 2 arnt great i admit and will chase strange cats given the chance (not that they get it) but if staffords are soooooo bad with cats i wonder why my friends cat who lives a few doors away can walk in thru my back door when it wants and my staffs look up like "oh its smudge again" and ignore him totally (Zeros only 14weeks but has learnt so quick bless him).
My mum even popped in a few weeks ago with 1 of her cats (he'd been vets) let him out the box mine had a sniff and that was it!.

This was all from a convo i had with a lady i bumped into walking the dogs today, she looked at me like i was mad when she said how she likes bengal cats and i replied i have 2 angry "what with them dogs" she replied

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 15:20

Shontelle wrote:I have some lovely pics of my boy with our two kittens - yes kittens! And no, he's never hurt them. I do occassionaly have to tell him to play nice cos sometimes he gets a bit excited and a litttle too rough but then again, he is only 13 weeks old. I'll post the pics when I get a chance.

It's the same ignorance thatyou get with staffies and children. I have 3 children, the youngest being 3 year old twins and my family and some of my friends were dead set against me getting a staffy becauseof all the stories in the media about staffies attacking children. Half the time these dogs arent even staffies and we never hear the full story. I did my own research on staffies and loved everything I heard and read about them. Since having Charlie, I can honestly say I am forever converted to this breed. He's only a pup and I know there's gonna be some challenges, but I'll work with him and raise him to be the best dog he can be and show the ignorant people out there what a staffy is REALLY like.

I had a lot of people worried how Maz would be when my youngest was born as Maz was 8yrs, but as I pointed out my oldest was 6moths old when i got Maz as a pup and been brought up with a child plus ALL friends have children and as i guessed Maz was fantastic so when i decided i wanted another dog it had to be a staffie, hence Zero Laughing (who was my birthday present in december)
So 9yrs ago i had a baby and a staffie pup and history repeated and both my dogs are fantastic with both my daughters who are now 10yrs and 20months (huge age gap Surprised )

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Sat Jan 08 2011, 15:23

I'm afraid I can't get a photo with my dog and cat, they hate each other. Well Molly is too excitable and bouncy for the cat, so the cat just attacks her or runs off, the only time they actually tolerate each other is when food is involved, or sleep.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sat Jan 08 2011, 21:22

nice pics,is cool to see them mix with cats.........
and otheir animals.. Cool
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jan 08 2011, 21:33

Wow what great pics, thats so cool, just another attribute of Staffies x Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 22:27

GorJUS pics... love them all

My 2 are getting better.. they are now sitting together waiting for their food... archie ( the cat) keeps putting his paw ( no claws) no the top of her head.. "i am the boss" i can hear him saying lol
she just puts her butt in the air and starts talking to him
it is quiet cute

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Jan 10 2011, 21:18

Id never get a pic of kaiser with a cat he hates them he chased my neighbours cat once in to the bushes i panicked thought he had killed the cat turns out that kaiser was worse off though
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 21:34

Shontelle wrote: I did my own research on staffies and loved everything I heard and read about them. Since having Charlie, I can honestly say I am forever converted to this breed. He's only a pup and I know there's gonna be some challenges, but I'll work with him and raise him to be the best dog he can be and show the ignorant people out there what a staffy is REALLY like.

You see, that's exactly the sort of attitude people should have - open minded & willing to find out for themselves!

Staffs can and do get on with all manner of animals as long as they're brought up with them. Bandit was brought up around my sister in law's 3 young children, a grumpy border collie & 3 hellish cats & there was never a problem.

However, some don't like cats (or other animals) and there's little you can do - but that's the same with ALL dogs, not just staffs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down