janey
Galadriel
Rachb26
Steve
9 posters

Go down

Question re food Empty Question re food

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 15:43

So both of ours are on Wainwrights , Tommy is pretty cool with his but Tilly has become a bit picky lately thouhg she does seem to prefer the puppy food to the adult stuff. I know from previous statements that adult and puppy are pretty much down to the size of the pieces (Tommy steals Tilly's food when we're not looking anyway)
So here's my plan , I am really thinking about changing to Fish 4 Dogs.

1) Would it be ok to mix the adult and puppy wainwrights to use it up between them both
2) Would it be ok to feed them both Fish 4 Dogs adult.

I'm not tight but I can't be monitoring them all the time when I'm away etc and sometimes we make little mistakes so best solution for us is if they are both eating the same , Tilly's nearly out of food and Tommy has loads left so to me its the practical solution

What do you all think ??

Back to top Go down

Question re food Empty Re: Question re food

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 15:47

I don't think there's too much difference, tbh. Puppy food sometimes has a bit more protein, but I think that's about it. As long as Tommy can handle the bigger pieces (what staffy pup can't?) I don't see a problem.

But I'm no expert on dry food - why not send an email to fish4dogs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Jul 26 2012, 15:50

>Smile can see if they will do us all discount for life rock on!

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 15:52

I thought puupy food had a higher fat content as well?? I could be wrong (its a long time since ive used puppy food now) but i think its a good idea to keep pup on proper puppy food till at least 6 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 15:53

If you do email them, mention the forum! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 15:54

blaze wrote:I thought puupy food had a higher fat content as well?? I could be wrong (its a long time since ive used puppy food now) but i think its a good idea to keep pup on proper puppy food till at least 6 months

You could well be right! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachb26 Thu Jul 26 2012, 17:26

Wow there's a fish4dogs fever! Laughing

A vet told me once that puppy food has higher levels of protein, calcium and fats than the adult version. But a breeder once told me the nutrional difference between them is negligible, depending on the brand, and all that was different was the size of the kibble pieces. Not sure who to believe but seems to me breeders usually know more about this kind of thing....

Either way fish4dogs is apparently a great brand, according to owners and doggies alike, so I think Tommy would get all his needs from the adult version. And I'm sure Tilly would love it! Bless her Smile
Rachb26
Rachb26
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Saffy
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Thu Jul 26 2012, 17:31

The answer to both your questions is yes, it would be OK.

There is more protein and fat in the puppy Wainwrights but the fat content in Fish4Dogs (adult) is higher in fat than the puppy Wainwrights anyway.

The protein in the adult F4Ds is a bit lower than the puppy Wainwrights so if you were worried about that but still want to feed the same food then maybe feed them both the puppy F4Ds for a few months as it certainly won't do Tilly any harm.

The adult food I'm feeding at the moment (Applaws) has a higher protein content than the puppy F4Ds.

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Jul 26 2012, 18:26

You'll be fine on both lol, my god, do we worry about our diets as much as we do about our dogs!! Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 18:33

Just want Tilly eating properly again as she has been rather picky lately , Tommy just eats for England

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 26 2012, 18:34

Dave wrote:Just want Tilly eating properly again as she has been rather picky lately , Tommy just eats for England

and BTW thanks everyone , I will email Fish 4 Dogs and make sure the forum gets a mention rock on!

Back to top Go down

Post by x0gawjus0x Thu Jul 26 2012, 19:22

janey wrote:

You'll be fine on both lol, my god, do we worry about our diets as much as we do about our dogs!! Laughing

Rolling Eyes
x0gawjus0x
x0gawjus0x
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vinnie
Dog(s) Ages : 10/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellytot Fri Jul 27 2012, 13:47

I was thinking about this the other day. Ralph is on puppy Symply - which is great and he seems to really like it.

The bits are very small and he now just 'hoovers' them up and doesn't even chew! He just swallows!

I was a little concerned as I'm thinking he should be chewing - so this is good for his teeth? I was wondering if I should switch him to the adult one, with bigger bits... but having read this I think not!
Jellytot
Jellytot

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ralph
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Jul 27 2012, 14:43

Puppy food does have a higher protein content, fat content and more minerals for good bones etc. If your feeding a high quality food like fish$dogs though I would think its would be ok to feed them both the same. I would be careful with feeding Tilly too much puppyfood though as she might start to put on a little weight though you could adjust amount accordingly.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Fri Jul 27 2012, 16:18

If it helps, on the Puppy fish4dogs bag, I'm sure it said move up to the adult fish4dogs as soons as your pup can handle the bigger pieces!

Also, I noticed on their website that they are selling "working dog food" - for cheaper, not as cheap as other online stockists, but if like me, you don't want a mahoosive bag of food cluttering up your kitchen, then it's worth a look. I emailed them and they say its nutritionally identical to the normal fish for dogs!!
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 27 2012, 18:28

Nosipho wrote:Puppy food does have a higher protein content, fat content and more minerals for good bones etc. If your feeding a high quality food like fish$dogs though I would think its would be ok to feed them both the same. I would be careful with feeding Tilly too much puppyfood though as she might start to put on a little weight though you could adjust amount accordingly.

*Karen* wrote:If it helps, on the Puppy fish4dogs bag, I'm sure it said move up to the adult fish4dogs as soons as your pup can handle the bigger pieces!

Also, I noticed on their website that they are selling "working dog food" - for cheaper, not as cheap as other online stockists, but if like me, you don't want a mahoosive bag of food cluttering up your kitchen, then it's worth a look. I emailed them and they say its nutritionally identical to the normal fish for dogs!!

Thanks you 2 , already have a weight problem with rotund Tilly , she needs to drop a couple of kilos Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30 2012, 20:18

So I sent a mail to Fish4dogs , here it is along with my reply from the CEO (The slow response comment from Graham was because I mailed him yesterday and he only replied today ) Smile

Hello Graham
I am a global moderator for the staffy forum https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/ and have a question regarding your products, mainly for myself but it is also good information for our members. It would appear that your product is doing very well with our members and I would like to try it myself now .

So , we have a 2 year old girl , and a 14 week old boy and they both currently eat wainwrights adult / puppy respectively. I would like to get them off this and start a trial on Fish 4 Dogs to see how they are with it but ideally as the little one is a bit of a food thief it really would be best for us to just have 1 type . I would appreciate your advice if this is possible and whether we go with the puppy or the adult food.

Many thanks in advance for your time

Dear Dave,

Sorry for my slow response but I’ve been away from the office for a few days without access to e-mail.

Puppy food has a much higher protein content than adult food to support active growth. For this reason we would not normally recommend feeding puppy food to an adult dog.

I’ve copied my colleagues in customer services to see if they have any other points to make. They can also organise to send you samples should you require them.

Thank you for your interest in Fish4Dogs I know you’ll have no regrets changing your dogs to a Fish4Dogs diet, I bet you’ll see a visible difference in a few weeks. Thanks for the support from your forum too.

Kind regards,

Graham

Graham C. Smith
CEO

And from customer services

Hi Dave,

I can see you have had an email reply from Graham, our CEO.

I would recommend leaving your 14 week old puppy on our Finest Fish4Puppies and your 2 year old girl on our Adult kibble. We have two different Adult kibble flavours, white fish and salmon.

I can send you some samples if you like of all our complete foods, that way you will be able to see what was a hit with your dogs. If you would like to have some samples, please could you reply advising me of a delivery address?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Francesca

Francesca Reece
Customer Service Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31 2012, 12:01

Nice reply. Now maybe they could send some sample for prizes in our next photo comp Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Tue Jul 31 2012, 12:32

I emailed Fish4Dogs aswell meself explaining that i was considering changing Inca's & Sky's current food (Arden Grange) over to theirs and that same woman in customer service (francesca) said she was gunna send me lots of samples for these 2 to try ...
Am excited to be gettin some samples as it saves me wasting any money if they don't like it...
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:22

they mailed me again yesterday to tell me they had sent some out and also some jerky , so we just have to wait and see how they like it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01 2012, 20:22

hollymolly wrote:I emailed Fish4Dogs aswell meself explaining that i was considering changing Inca's & Sky's current food (Arden Grange) over to theirs and that same woman in customer service (francesca) said she was gunna send me lots of samples for these 2 to try ...
Am excited to be gettin some samples as it saves me wasting any money if they don't like it...

Did you mention the forum ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down