Vomiting pup :-(

2 posters

Go down

Vomiting pup :-( Empty Vomiting pup :-(

Post by donch03 Tue Jul 17 2012, 17:03

Hi guys,

Haven't posted for a while as we've just been enjoying Bella, she has been a little devil at times frustrated BUT when she's an angel she really is an angel Laughing She;s 11 weeks today had her last jab 7 days ago and vet said we can start taking her out from today, admittedly I have taken her up the street and back a few times already just to get her used to sounds/smells and her lead etc, never any dogs around but looking forward to taking her to our local park now! Toilet training is coming along beautifully and she only has accidents when we miss the signs or she becomes over excited. She knows "sit" and nearly knows "lie down" and "roll over" can't believe how intelligent these dogs are its just amazing! We start puppy classes at the end of the month too. Anyhoo I have a couple questions, atm Bella has 3 meals a day Breakfast at 8-9, lunch at 12-1 and dinner around 6. However, she always seems disinterested in breakfast but will wolf down lunch and dinner, should I consider giving her daily allowance in 2 meals instead of 3 and the first a bit later? Only problem I see with this is when I start Uni in September and I'm not around in the morning so will have to feed early? Also the last 2 days Bella has vomited at night in her crate. Have no idea why, as I write this her last 2 poos were a little runnier then usual but normally they are fine and solid, no vomitting in the day? Eating and drinking ok (except breakfast but thats always been the case) fine in herself otherwise. Next door have a plum tree thats encroaching into my garden, dropping fruit which then rots quickly and I suspect she may have eaten some of it! Would this cause the sickness and should I take her to the vet?? Any advice appreciated x
donch03
donch03
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bella Blue
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Vomiting pup :-( Empty Re: Vomiting pup :-(

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17 2012, 17:07

If she's ok in herself & is eating/drinking ok then I wouldn't bother the vet at the moment. Try starving her for one meal & then give her some bland food (chicken or fish & rice, or some boiled eggs) and see if that helps.

The plums could be the culprit - might be a bit rich for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Tue Jul 17 2012, 19:31

Ok, the issue could be the plums, the fruit itself is ok but the pit or stone itself is toxic to dogs.
Also if she swallowed it whole, u need to consider obstruction in the intestines.

Monitor pup closely... Pup may need a vet check.

In the meantime, clear ur garden of plums, if needs be trim bk ur neighbours tree which is overhanging ur side (which by law u are allowed to do).

If vomiting continues thus evening or gets worse, call ur vet x
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by donch03 Wed Jul 18 2012, 09:17

Thanks guys no more vomitting but I noticed a stone in her mouth that she didn't swallow but was playing with! Defo think she has been eating the rotten fruit silly girl! Trying to clear the garden as much as possible but fruit is falling everyday! The OH will cut the branches right back, he's off from tomorrow so plenty of time x
donch03
donch03

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bella Blue
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18 2012, 09:24

Gald she is doing better and you are removing the potential source of the illness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down