Allergy rash?

2 posters

Go down

Allergy rash? Empty Allergy rash?

Post by tracydd Sun Jul 15 2012, 13:58

Hi I know that staffys are prone to skin conditions but my 1 year old has a constant rash on his underneath. I noticed today that two of the blemishes seem to be infected. I in tend to make an appointment with vet tomorrow but I did take him a couple of weeks ago and he told me that is was an allergy and to give antihistamine to him. Has anyone else experienced anything like this please?
tracydd
tracydd
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake and Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 4 and 1
Dog Gender(s) : Males
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Allergy rash? Empty Re: Allergy rash?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15 2012, 14:15

Without seeing it, it's hard to say, but it could be an allergy to grass sap. This time of year the grass is being cut on a regular basis everywhere & a lot of short coated dogs get rashes like this from laying in the grass.

Half a Piriton tablet twice a day could help, but you could also try wiping his belly & inside his front & back legs with some cooled boiled water when you come in from a walk to get rid of any irritant that might be there.

Back to top Go down

Allergy rash? Empty Re: Allergy rash?

Post by kate32 Mon Jul 16 2012, 18:13

Do you walk in fields and long grass? If so sounds like a grass allergy to me. My maisy has it, she was terribly infected and had to go on antibiotics. It took a while to clear up. The vet said you can give 1 antihistamine a day, but this time of year iv to keep her out the long grass, which is a pain as she doesn't get a good run, we are making do with country lanes at the moment and some training classes!

I was going to look for a cotton t-shirt for her to protect her underneath. X
kate32
kate32
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maisy n scooby
Dog(s) Ages : 2 n 3
Dog Gender(s) : female n male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down