Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning???

+4
first tri
Steve
Kathy
bobs
8 posters

Go down

Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning??? Empty Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning???

Post by bobs Fri Jun 22 2012, 08:56

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4387665/Look-at-photo-of-my-girl-and-help-make-dog-laws-tougher.html
bobs
bobs
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning??? Empty Re: Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning???

Post by Kathy Fri Jun 22 2012, 08:58

I just dont bother to look at anything like this anymore.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning??? Empty Re: Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning???

Post by Steve Fri Jun 22 2012, 09:20

well it was only a matter of time was not it

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by first tri Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:19

You have to read a long way down the first "case study" before they pinpoint the breed. Always an indication that it wasn't a staffy. Had it been a SBT "type of dog" it would have said so in the headline! Attacks by Border Collie, Akita, Alsatian ... and illustrated by photos of ...?
Anyway it's The Sun jumping on a bandwaggon of it's own creation once again. Obviously no donkeys in Spain in need of rescue this summer!
first tri
first tri
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Benson
Dog(s) Ages : 4 (14/12/2007)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 10:36

I think what everybody forgets in the emotions that the attack has caused (quite understandably) is that very often the child has been unsupervised & has probably done something to push the dog beyond its patience level...

"She told her mum she had been trying to tuck a toy into the dog’s collar when it had gone for her."

Just one example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster's_Mum Fri Jun 22 2012, 11:49

Caryll wrote:I think what everybody forgets in the emotions that the attack has caused (quite understandably) is that very often the child has been unsupervised & has probably done something to push the dog beyond its patience level...

"She told her mum she had been trying to tuck a toy into the dog’s collar when it had gone for her."

Just one example.

This is the problem! I am all for doing whatever it takes to try to not get the scumbag "hard" men/women owning these dogs. I will willingly get a licence if that's what they decide (Buster is already microchipped, insured and goes to training classes) but as long as people keep leaving their dogs with children unsupervised then attacks on children will still happen!

Buster doesn't have a nasty bone in his body but I never leave him and the boys alone together, I can always see what they are doing, and my boys are told to stop if Buster goes to his bed, or if they seem to be getting too carried away. Even LuLu has learnt that she has to stay with me. If I wash up, they stay by the side of me, it I go to the toilet, they both come with me. Both of my boys are also being taught not to walk up to strange dogs as not all dogs like children. They both know they are not allowed on the dogs bed, this is the place where the dogs can go for some peace.

Buster's_Mum
Buster's_Mum
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning??? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, LuLu (chinese crested)
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months, 3 1/2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22 2012, 12:18

Buster's_Mum wrote: Buster doesn't have a nasty bone in his body but I never leave him and the boys alone together, I can always see what they are doing, and my boys are told to stop if Buster goes to his bed, or if they seem to be getting too carried away. Even LuLu has learnt that she has to stay with me. If I wash up, they stay by the side of me, it I go to the toilet, they both come with me. Both of my boys are also being taught not to walk up to strange dogs as not all dogs like children. They both know they are not allowed on the dogs bed, this is the place where the dogs can go for some peace.

thumbs up
Responsible common sense! Well done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Galadriel Fri Jun 22 2012, 16:51

Funny how they conveniently left out the strikes bit when quoting NHS figures.

http://www.hesonline.nhs.uk/Ease/servlet/ContentServer?siteID=1937&categoryID=864

Bites and strikes are all lumped in together so it's impossible to tell what are attacks and what are accidents. Someone who needs hospital treatment after tripping up over their dog for example will be included in what the Sun and other tabloids like to call attacks.

They also fail to mention that injuries to children under the age of 9 have actually fallen over the last ten years!

Galadriel

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 175

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellytot Fri Jun 22 2012, 17:54

I was just going to post this but you beat me!!! There is no Boarder Collie picture! That wouldn't have the same effect would it!!!

The thing is, people won't read the article they'll just see the pics. I am going to write to the Sun. Scumbags.

Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning??? E71f1667

Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning??? Ffb29fb8
Jellytot
Jellytot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ralph
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Fri Jun 22 2012, 21:56

how photoshopped is that picture?!!!!! Think they need to add some dripping blood for more effect, the dog doesnt look devil doggish (I think ive just invented a new word LOL) enough :/

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Have you seen The Sun today. Why the negative stuff at the beginning??? Empty Devil doggish

Post by first tri Fri Jun 22 2012, 22:27

Irene wrote:how photoshopped is that picture?!!!!! Think they need to add some dripping blood for more effect, the dog doesnt look devil doggish (I think ive just invented a new word LOL) enough :/

ROFL! It's a new word and I like it! I agree about the photo too - do you think some devil doggish red eyes would be a step too far?

first tri
first tri

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Benson
Dog(s) Ages : 4 (14/12/2007)
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down