Introducing dogs??

2 posters

Go down

Introducing dogs?? Empty Introducing dogs??

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07 2012, 00:37

To cut a long story short me & OH are planning on moving in together but BIG BUT, hes cocker spaniel doesnt like Mazda they've had a few bad scraps that have been split within seconds but Daisy comes off punctured everytime Sad Problem we have is Daisy WANTS to fight Mazda, who will get on with any dog, but Daisy she constantly attacks Mazda to a stage we can no longer (when visiting each other) let the dogs anywhere near each other.
Weve tried everything from walking them together, muzzling them both, let them see each other thru french doors etc
Many people have said (that have seen how bad they r) theres ZERO chance they will ever get on, buuut Mazda will ignore Daisy if she leaves her alone as shes like that with all canines, I often have parents 5 dogs, grandparents (dog aggressive shih tzu), Mazda's daughter, grandson, mates dogs (few female staffies) litrally ANY dog or bitch in my home and shes fine, how can i teach Daisy to stop this attacking (she also gets on with most other dogs and did live with a female mastiff & male cocker), Problem is when Mazda does retailiate she causes multiple punctures in seconds and could hurt Daisy very bad Sad

Does it sound like theres ANY hope?

Back to top Go down

Introducing dogs?? Empty Re: Introducing dogs??

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07 2012, 00:52

Going on long walks together normally helps but you've tried that. Are both dogs normally fine with other dogs?
Hopefully someone will be able to suggest something which may help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07 2012, 00:59

Mazda my staffie girl is excellent with other dogs or bitches of all sizes, Daisy can be choosy but is extreme with Maz confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jun 07 2012, 01:24

That sounds like a real bummer. I am not sure what if anything you can do with Daisy. Have you considered a behaviorist working with her?
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07 2012, 06:19

Where does Kodi fit into all of this ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07 2012, 12:09

Daisy and Kodi get on no problems Smile Its just Maz she has a problem with, Im speaking to a behavourist on monday whos at the puppy school works with my mums fear aggressive (human & dogs) vizla and see if she thinks theres any hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07 2012, 12:54

Let us know how you get on.
Would love to hear what they suggest and hope they manage to help.
Good Luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07 2012, 14:28

bbimson wrote:That sounds like a real bummer. I am not sure what if anything you can do with Daisy. Have you considered a behaviorist working with her?

I agree with Ben here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Polly Pocket Thu Jun 07 2012, 22:09

Nicki I hope you get this sorted out for Mazda and Daisy's sake. I take Charlie to a great Trainer called Sharon Alton who is fantastic with dogs with behavioural problems, she has put one of them into Charlie's puppy classes and he is doing really well. I can give you her details if you want them.
Polly Pocket
Polly Pocket
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Polly, Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 30/1/11 & 15/2/12
Dog Gender(s) : Female & Male
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 07 2012, 22:31

Hi Tina,
Yes please that's be great, Steve sent me your email addy so i'll email u to get the details.
Its ok at the min as we live 70miles apart so work round visits but if we do end up living togther this will be a nightmare Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down