Bumble Bees

Go down

Bumble Bees Empty Bumble Bees

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 22:58

We've got a nest of Buff Tailed Bumble Bees in the garden. It's fascinating to watch them, there are hundreds of them coming & going.

Back to top Go down

Bumble Bees Empty Re: Bumble Bees

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 23:10

Is that not dangerous for Dempsey Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 23:11

He doesn't go near them & they don't go near him, although we're keeping an eye on him when he goes in to the garden! They're quite non aggressive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 23:15

cool , I started cutting a bush down in our garden early last year to notice all of a sudden I had a lot of wasps, then noticed the nest in the branch I had just taken down, that was a bad day for me , ended up burning them out before they got me big style , it was literally me or them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 23:17

I hate wasps - but the're carnivors so they'll attack whereas bees are herbivores (or nectar-ivores, I don't know the correct term!) and are quite peaceable!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 23:37

Caryll wrote:I hate wasps - but the're carnivors so they'll attack whereas bees are herbivores (or nectar-ivores, I don't know the correct term!) and are quite peaceable!

You know lots about all stuff don't you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28 2012, 23:40

davemck3834 wrote:You know lots about all stuff don't you Smile

Not really, I've just got loads of books on loads of things! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 10:33

I dont mind bumble bees,i hate wasps though.They started to build a nest inside my porch by the front door the other day.I squirted wasp killer in the hole and sealed up all the gaps with bathroom sealant.It wouldnt matter so much but right by my front door is not a good place to have a wasp nest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue May 29 2012, 13:22

I hate wasps too. I just cannot see the point of them, apart from their sting Laughing

Bees are OK as they make honey but what on earth do wasp do ?? They are just an annoyance to me Big Grin
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 17:09

I have thought about what wasps are useful for and the only thing after much research is that are good for making me scream like a schoolgirl while running into posts etc trying to get away

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 17:13

Laughing Laughing
BlueStaffBlue wrote:I have thought about what wasps are useful for and the only thing after much research is that are good for making me scream like a schoolgirl while running into posts etc trying to get away

When I cut the bush down and flame throwered them they wouldn't go away , my stepson's girlfriends mum came in like Arnie and sorted them out , they were crawling all over her and she didn't bat an eyelid as she dug the stump of the bush out while I stood well back and watched Laughing Blushing Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29 2012, 17:18

Yeah I hate people who just stand there looking all calm or more to the point making me look like a wuss Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30 2012, 10:18

Bee's are ok, they come over and have a wee look at you then go away. Wasps are just evil, if you run away they just chase you and I've noticed the last couple of years that they have gotten huge Straight Face Last year there was one in a lounge at work. Me and the girl I was working with ran and closed the door. One of the residents looked at us like we were complete numpties, went in the room and got rid of it Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30 2012, 11:03

Laughing Laughing

I used to be terrified of wasps, but when I had the kids I didn't want to pass on my fear to them so I steeled myself to be calm around them. I still don't like wasps & if they get too close I flap at them, but I don't panic the way I used to!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30 2012, 12:32

Our chimney has become home to a hive of bees. They keep coming down into the living room and dying and leaving soot all over the place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30 2012, 12:46

Equi wrote:Our chimney has become home to a hive of bees. They keep coming down into the living room and dying and leaving soot all over the place.

That's a nuisance! Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30 2012, 14:22

I tell you!

Some bee man said he could kill them all and i was like nooo their only little bees. Worst they do is leave a mess, but thats live withable lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30 2012, 21:59

Here's our home made bee box....
Bumble Bees DSC00687

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down